Options

Is it possible to stay in a hotel and not camp?

Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Is it possible to not have to camp at Bonnaroo? Are there any alternatives?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    no...if you go to Bonnaroo they stop you before you can leave to go back to the hotel and yell "THE GATES ARE LOCKED FROM THE OUTSIDE FAGGOTS NOW CAMP!!!"

Of course you can stay in a hotel!
  • Options
    you have that option i think... the problem is you pay for the camp grounds as part of the ticket price (atleast thats what i thought i read somewhere)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    You have the option but at this point, most of the hotels in the area will be booked up.

If you can get one, you can drive in each day and use day parking. I do this because I live in Nashville and like to sleep in my own bed and shower - it's an hour drive.

And yes the ticket price covers camping/parking there are other fees unless you have an RV.
  • Options
    Yes, you can stay at a hotel, however, I had heard that it took several hours to get in everyday because the line was so long. When I had checked several weeks ago all of the hotels in Manchester were booked but you could find a room 20-30 minutes away.
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    I'd rather stay in a hotel as well. Camping is such a pain in the ass...especially when you're flying in.

Damn...I'll guess I'll wait and hope for some other venues.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    daughter68 wrote:
    Yes, you can stay at a hotel, however, I had heard that it took several hours to get in everyday because the line was so long. When I had checked several weeks ago all of the hotels in Manchester were booked but you could find a room 20-30 minutes away.

I drove in from Nashville every morning and never saw any lines...... Never had one single problem with driving in or leaving each day.

You can try Murfreesboro for rooms but they are probably booked up also. I'm not sure what else is around but you could look around the south side of Nashville, but then you have a much longer drive.
  • Options
    its better to stay there because its pretty much a party all night long. Plus there is really nothing around and Manchester is also considered a dry county so they do not sell liquor!!!
    if anybody ever tells you, you can't change the world, f**k em -EV 11/3/00, Boise Idaho
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    This will read very hippy-ish but it's kinda nice to do things that are outside of my usual comfort zone. I feel like I grow as a person. Does anyone else agree?

I would love to stay at a hotel but I'm a little excited to see if I can survive the extreme camping thing. It's going to be liberating to NOT pack hair gel or make-up.
  • Options
    This will read very hippy-ish but it's kinda nice to do things that are outside of my usual comfort zone. I feel like I grow as a person. Does anyone else agree?

I would love to stay at a hotel but I'm a little excited to see if I can survive the extreme camping thing. It's going to be liberating to NOT pack hair gel or make-up.

i went 2 or 3 years ago. They do have showers there. It is so freaking hot in TN anyways in June. Make sure to drink plenty of water. There are a lot of hippies there and they are the best people you'll ever meet. They set up a gateway into all the shows but the hippies hang out near the camps and cook pancakes and grilled cheeses for $1.00. We had bad rain that year and had to sleep in the car it ended up being so muddy you had to take your shoes off to walk. You'll love it!
    if anybody ever tells you, you can't change the world, f**k em -EV 11/3/00, Boise Idaho
  • Options
    Eliza364 wrote:
    i went 2 or 3 years ago. They do have showers there. It is so freaking hot in TN anyways in June. Make sure to drink plenty of water. There are a lot of hippies there and they are the best people you'll ever meet. They set up a gateway into all the shows but the hippies hang out near the camps and cook pancakes and grilled cheeses for $1.00. We had bad rain that year and had to sleep in the car it ended up being so muddy you had to take your shoes off to walk. You'll love it!
    pancakes and grilled cheese for $1.00???

thats it...

BONNAROO HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehehehehe............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    Eliza364 wrote:

Yeah, I;m familiar with the heat. ANd the bugs. Funny no one has mentioned the snakes! J/K! Or am I..........

Really looking forward to it! I was thinking about bagging and freezing my homemade organic vegetable soup... it's delicious cold on a hot day and would be perfect with grilled cheese!

can't wait!
  • Options
    Bugs are not really a problem at Roo. I am pretty sure they must spray the fields before because I normally attract every bug that bites or stings and never once needed to use repellant.

There are however HUGE spiders in the fields where you camp. Of course I have a major spider phobia but I had 2 guys with me who took care of them for me :)

I never saw any snakes. Your biggest enemy at Roo is the sun and the heat. LOTS of sunscreen and more water than you think you will ever need.
  • Options
    pancakes and grilled cheese for $1.00???

thats it...

BONNAROO HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehehehehe............

can't beat that! :D shit with that kinda deal I may even change my mind - LOL!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    If you want a regulated, 69-72 degree atmosphere, a proper mattress, electrical outlets for cappuccino machines and curling irons, a fridge to keep your Coke cold, then why not stay at home? If you want to throw all of your comfy little cares away, meet some new folks, throw a little caution to the wind, then go to Bonnaroo (ie, camping and all). At least that's my take on it. I guess we all have different ideas of what "fun" is.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Options
    Plus, it's sweet wandering around and seeing how people have set up their own little stands where they sell kiwis or drinks or pot cookies or you name it.

There aren't a lot of shithouses, so be brace yourself for that (rather than whine about it the whole time like this friend of a friend who came with my group last year).
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Options
    no...if you go to Bonnaroo they stop you before you can leave to go back to the hotel and yell "THE GATES ARE LOCKED FROM THE OUTSIDE FAGGOTS NOW CAMP!!!"

Of course you can stay in a hotel!

LOL :D
  • Options
    Plus, it's sweet wandering around and seeing how people have set up their own little stands where they sell kiwis or drinks or pot cookies or you name it.

There aren't a lot of shithouses, so be brace yourself for that (rather than whine about it the whole time like this friend of a friend who came with my group last year).

You have to usually walk to get to a porta pottie but the ones out in the campgrounds are kept pretty clean - which is important for us girls - there are plenty of them, they just are kind of far apart.

The ones inside Centeroo usually have lines and are kept semi-clean considering the amount of people using them. Just always bring baby wipes and your own toilet paper.
  • Options
    LOL :D
    i say you and i need to go....

ill make 10,000 grilled cheese sandwiches......

you make 10,000 pancakes.....

we will sell them for $1 each....

and we will make $20,000..........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    seren327 wrote:
    Bugs are not really a problem at Roo. I am pretty sure they must spray the fields before because I normally attract every bug that bites or stings and never once needed to use repellant.

There are however HUGE spiders in the fields where you camp. Of course I have a major spider phobia but I had 2 guys with me who took care of them for me :)

I never saw any snakes. Your biggest enemy at Roo is the sun and the heat. LOTS of sunscreen and more water than you think you will ever need.

Seriously? Huge Spiders? How huge, what kind? I am so freaking scared of those dirty little bastards. I am going to wear a mosquito net. That is fucking sick!
  • Options
    5882300 wrote:
    Seriously? Huge Spiders? How huge, what kind? I am so freaking scared of those dirty little bastards. I am going to wear a mosquito net. That is fucking sick!

When we were setting up our tent they were all over the place - I was standing on the cooler and crying at that point :P Like big brown ones. I didn't ever see any in Centeroo though.

Once we got set up though I think we had scared them away because I only saw a few smaller ones in the morning when we woke up. It is my hugest phobia and I handled it so don't stress. It certainly is not enough to keep me away from Roo.
  • Options
    i say you and i need to go....

ill make 10,000 grilled cheese sandwiches......

you make 10,000 pancakes.....

we will sell them for $1 each....

and we will make $20,000..........

we could cook all Thrusday and Friday while drinking beer and Saturday we'll enter the jungle for the show ha!! :D
  • Options
    If you are new to Roo and unfamiliar with some of the bands, do some research ahead of time and you will be pleasantly surprised at some discoveries you might make. I already discovered Minus the Bear and won't be missing them. Don't sit out in the campgrounds because you are unfamiliar with the bands - I did that the 1st year and realized how much I missed.

On the Inforoo forums they have tons of threads to help people get familiar with more of the bands.

http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=music

I always come away from Roo with a bunch of great new discoveries.
  • Options
    seren327 wrote:
    If you are new to Roo and unfamiliar with some of the bands, do some research ahead of time and you will be pleasantly surprised at some discoveries you might make. I already discovered Minus the Bear and won't be missing them. Don't sit out in the campgrounds because you are unfamiliar with the bands - I did that the 1st year and realized how much I missed.

On the Inforoo forums they have tons of threads to help people get familiar with more of the bands.

http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=music

I always come away from Roo with a bunch of great new discoveries.

I dont know if you were talking to me, but I was joking when i said I would stay at the campgrounds Thrusday and Friday, I'm not going at all :D wish I could but I've decided to wait for PJ only shows instead... my best friend is going though and I'm sure she'll have tons of fun!
  • Options
    I was - I just didn't want you missing out on anything because there is sooo much to see in Centeroo. I'm sorry you won't be able to make it because it is one hell of an experience!
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    IS this pretty much the same as Lolla, minus not being in the city?
  • Options
    seren327 wrote:
    When we were setting up our tent they were all over the place - I was standing on the cooler and crying at that point :P Like big brown ones. I didn't ever see any in Centeroo though.

Once we got set up though I think we had scared them away because I only saw a few smaller ones in the morning when we woke up. It is my hugest phobia and I handled it so don't stress. It certainly is not enough to keep me away from Roo.

Seriously don't think I can handle it. Still won't keep me away but I will be spazing out. I fucking hate them, I am going to bring a cooking torch and heat the little fuckers up. Is it car camping or tents only. I am not sleeping around a bunch of dirty ass spiders. I am getting the heebie jeebies already. I don't want them crawling on me or into my mouth or ears or what ever else they can wiggle their way into.
  • Options
    seren327 wrote:
    I was - I just didn't want you missing out on anything because there is sooo much to see in Centeroo. I'm sorry you won't be able to make it because it is one hell of an experience!

You won't be able to make it because you don't want to be carried off by a ten foot tall spider.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    IS this pretty much the same as Lolla, minus not being in the city?

from what I rathered... no....

more like gorge, however with nightmare in/out priviledges... so you are stuck there for all 4 days... no single day passes....

please someone correct me....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    from what I rathered... no....

more like gorge, however with nightmare in/out priviledges... so you are stuck there for all 4 days... no single day passes....

please someone correct me....

But what are you gonna do, go to Nashville and go to a shopping mall?

The beautiful thing about Bonnaroo, is you can come and go as you please (Centeroo that is, where everything happens). Whereas at the Gorge, you can't go back to the campground to grab a jacket if the weather turns to shit; you must use a ticket EACH TIME you enter the Gorge amphitheater.
  • Options
    There are no single day passes, and you are stuck there, but just for the Thursday night, you can leave Friday morning, but you lose your camping and/or RV spot. I think I read that on the Bonnaroo site.

You would be lucky just to be able to get out...I've never had any intention of leaving in previous years, so I'm not sure if they make any special accommodations at all...but once you park and set up camp you will literally be boxed in, you would have to coordinate with 20 or so other campsites to get your vehicle out...or just do what someone did to me last year on sunday and just relocate your neighbors tent 20 feet away :eek: you are bound to get lost either way once or twice of the course of the weekend, but imagine coming back to camp, swearing that you are in the right spot, looking at your neighbors who you have seen all weekend, seeing you car...and bam where's the tent

I do know that after 9 pm friday night you can leave the grounds and come back once and only once...lots of info on this and other things on the roo site
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***