Freemason at my work....

2»

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I was under the impression they are a very powerful group that can pretty much get high up in ranks and earn heaps.

The power lies in their 'brotherhood' bond and loyalty and therefore connections. Which, of course, can take them anywhere.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Sounds like a weird cult.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Not a cult really..... a 'tight' grown up boys' frat club (ie boys, meeting places, rituals, etc) based on strong morals and ethics. Supposedly.
    redrock wrote:
    Not a cult really..... a 'tight' grown up boys' frat club (ie boys, meeting places, rituals, etc) based on strong morals and ethics. Supposedly.

Yeah I read that online, they are meant to be kind and caring, not this dude at my work lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    redrock wrote:

Yeah I read that online, they are meant to be kind and caring, not this dude at my work lol

Supposed to be kind and caring is total rubbish, though they do care about their 'community'. They are people like you and me (well... like me if I was male!). Being a freemason doesn't mean you can't be a downright bastard. They are not saints!

Your guy at work may have had an advantage over others in getting to his position through freemason connections but his attitude has nothing to do with freemasonry. He's just a mean bully. Freemason or not.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa-mdPb77K0

They seem sinister in this.....
    Had to wait until I got home from work to check out the link. This 'documentary' is really conspiracy theory type stuff (like National Treasure which sponsors it!), Da Vinci code type! Intriguing? Certainly. Unfortunately, it's difficult to find valid and truthful info. Keeping the brotherhood a 'secret' one, I guess.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I hear they have awesome tickle parties!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    is this like the gentlemen's club in vancouver that consisted of a bunch of rich, old men that got all the first shots to olympics tickets?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Whether he's a freemason or not doesn't sound like the issue. The fact he's a bully IS the issue.
    Mind your p's and q's , keep your head down and do what they're paying you.
    And yeah , not taking his shit is my good in my opinion. Could get you fired but good none the less.

This is my advice exactly.

Do what you're told, but don't take shit from him. Respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself. No matter ho much money or how much of an egotistical power-trip this guy may be on, it doesn't make him better than anybody or put him in a position to condescend people.

Fortunately for him, he's in the right business. Corporations are gold-mines for double-crossing heartless fucks who will do whatever it takes to increase their salary.

I hope that once my degree is finsihed I can wave goodbye to this corporate work-life and maybe enter into one that isn't SO "fake".
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Yeah I am sick of all the fake people and those that act the nicest are really snakes.
    Just like our HR manager.
    Working in the corporate world is just shit.
    I should've been a tradesmen.
    My aim is something in music :)
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    Isn't Bush a freemason?

no, him and his dad (and john kerry and lots of others) are in skull & bones
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Yeah I am sick of all the fake people and those that act the nicest are really snakes.

hopefully there are no HR reps here on the board but if so, I'm sorry if I offend you with my next comment:

ALL HR reps are assholes. I have yet to meet an HR representative that is actually nice. I even once had one tell me that transferring my position wouldn't be possible and my girlfriend wasn't worth moving for her. :o :shock:

Seems to be pretty far from the ideal human resource representative, eh?

Anyways, sorry for the rant, but I think HR is the biggest crock of horse shit ever.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    redrock wrote:
    Pondering???? :mrgreen:

Freemasonry is quite complex to research and understand. The brotherhood itself is not the complex bit, but there is so much incorrect info and urban myths all over the place that it makes it difficult to sift through stuff. There is a huge myth surrouding the Freemasons, created by us 'non masons' but also, I think, perpetuated by the freemasons themselves over the centuries.

what happened to william morgan when he crossed the freemasons?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Morgan_(anti-Mason)
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

dcfaithful wrote:

hopefully there are no HR reps here on the board but if so, I'm sorry if I offend you with my next comment:

ALL HR reps are assholes. I have yet to meet an HR representative that is actually nice. I even once had one tell me that transferring my position wouldn't be possible and my girlfriend wasn't worth moving for her. :o :shock:

Anyways, sorry for the rant, but I think HR is the biggest crock of horse shit ever.

they sure are, i worked at a place and signed up for health insurance, which they started taking out of my check. about 2 months after paying i finally got around to having an exam...i get there and they tell me they called the insurance provider and they have no record of me...called hr and they said they would fix it and made an appointment a week later...this continued for a little while until it came out the hr lady seemed to have 'lost' my paperwork and never sent it to the insurance company...then they tried to not pay me back even though they deducted health insurance from my paychecks which i wasn't able to use, she even tried to say it was my fault!!
    don't compete; coexist

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I've mentioned on the board before that i once played in a freemason lodge's golf tournament...I was invited in lieu of a coworker that couldn't make it. thought the tournament was for a company we did business with ( a huge, oft-conspiracy linked US firm), but it turns out the guys that worked there were masons and had invited my colleagues to the lodge tourney.
    They were trying to recruit us all day. I was considering it for subversive, investigative type reasons - I've always been fascinated...changed my mind when they all started joking about "the day we fired all the niggers at once".
    They're not ALL bad people.... but I'm not down with group-think. not one person even batted a sideways eye. Decided that I couldnt stomach hanging with them after that, regardless of intentions.

There are a lot of 'normal' masons....I know a couple. From what I know of the organization, you don't know squat about people that are degrees ahead of you. Shriners are masons ffs. The old guys with funny hats and lil motor bikes. I went to one of their stupid cruel circuses a few years back and had to sit thru like an hour of freemason ceremonies before they tortured a single animal. They even talked, in front of 10k+ people, about their semi-masonic chapter that allowed women and children, like it was all normal....

Freemasonry is centuries old...undeniable links to the church, state, the occult...Always intriguing stuff.
  • Why don't you figure out a way to work Freemasons in a conversation with him, learn how to become one, and watch your own career flourish like his instead of being a tough guy and being unemployed soon?

It's the American way. If you can't fuck with them, become what they are and make better money.

You'll come to find that money doesn't solve all problems...but not having any sucks monkey dick.
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I will never understand the whole controversy around the masons. When my ex husband's grandfather died, I was told he was a Mason. He was from the hills in KY. and it was said to me like it was something they all were very proud of.
    Now that I have heard more and more about the Masons I am unsure just who this man really was. I thought I knew him???!!
    Save room for dessert!
    Why don't you figure out a way to work Freemasons in a conversation with him, learn how to become one, and watch your own career flourish like his instead of being a tough guy and being unemployed soon?

It's the American way. If you can't fuck with them, become what they are and make better money.

You'll come to find that money doesn't solve all problems...but not having any sucks monkey dick.

I will never be like that, I believe in Karma.
    I am not greedy, as long as I have enough to feed me and pay bills I will not step over others.
    Assholes get what they deserve through Karma.
    It happened to this abusive asshole manager at my brother in laws work.
    That guy had an accident is now in a wheelchair.
    dcfaithful wrote:

I am with you there.
    Our HR manager is nasty and will really get mad at anyone if they questions anything.
    In today's workplaces the HR managers office is always next to the General Managers office.
    They are not their for the workers anymore but as the GM's sidekick/assistant.
    Their purpose is to keep workers mouths shut and keep the GM looking good.
  • You can be a freemason and not be a cock right?

Whatever you choose is your fate. It's your life. Live it how you feel is best.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,276
    They are weird they believe in a GOD or something of the sorts :lol::lol::lol: Fuck the Cock Fraternity's ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....