Freemason at my work....

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So I was told a secret today at work, one of the new managers is a freemason.
I was asked to not tell anyone else.
Should I and people at my work be concerned?

From what I've told me, he's gone up the corporate ladder so fast because those who promoted him are freemasons as well.
I mean this guy joined the company years ago in a position that does not require high education or corporate type skills.
This asshole will step over anyone though brutality/bullying just to get to a higher position within the company and get a bigger paycheck.
I've lately began to answer him back and not take shit from him, from what I've heard freemasons are powerful individuals that can easily get into positions of power and higher income.
Could this asshole be a threat i.e could he get me shown the door before I can say wtf?

He came from one of our overseas offices, he's got a feared reputation and everyone was talking about him before he came aboard at my office.

He used to work in my office many years ago and went overseas to get a managerial role, for over a decade managers at my work would not accept him back due to the stress he put many workers under.
Many were close to resigning over his bullying managerial style which is often totally unreasonable i.e not accepting when he makes errors then goes on a tirade at everyone and sends numerous criticizing emails.

And it has been said he will go for the facility manager role, he's been eyeing the top position for a while.

In a nutshell, he is a crazed asshole chasing the power and the money.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    you know.....those masons rig every oscar night. ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,049
    Whether he's a freemason or not doesn't sound like the issue. The fact he's a bully IS the issue.
    Mind your p's and q's , keep your head down and do what they're paying you.
    And yeah , not taking his shit is my good in my opinion. Could get you fired but good none the less.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Whether he's a freemason or not doesn't sound like the issue. The fact he's a bully IS the issue.
    Mind your p's and q's , keep your head down and do what they're paying you.
    And yeah , not taking his shit is my good in my opinion. Could get you fired but good none the less.

He is not my manager, he has no authority to tell me what to do anyways but thinks he can.
    And not just me he does it to everyone, sends emails all the time being pushy.
    My boss tells me to ignore his emails and delete them, many people are sick of this guy.
    Rather be fired than bullied to the point I have a nervous breakdown.
    Freemason and a bigger paycheck ain't give noone the right to fuck me over.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,049
    Exactly , life's too short to feel miserable at work or anywhere else.
    well , unless you live on the East Coast USA and got shut out of tickets!!!! hehehe
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Exactly , life's too short to feel miserable at work or anywhere else.
    well , unless you live on the East Coast USA and got shut out of tickets!!!! hehehe

Someone well known to me has suffered a nervous breakdown due to bullying at work.
    Now in and out of the home.
    :(
  • MissBeeGirlMissBeeGirl Posts: 233
    Worksafe in Victoria is cracking down on Bullying in workplaces and companies will soon realise they need to deal with it as the costs to companies are increasing. I'm sure your company has a harassement policy in place, which means they must follow that. If they don't and someone puts a stress claim in on this person, than it will cost them big bucks. And stress claims are very hard to fight for companies.

Do exactly what your boss says ignore the emails. However also print off copies and keep a diary and jog things down. This will save you if this asswipe turns against you, also never give him a reason to say your a prick. My advise always be polite, stay positive, do your job to the best of your ability and don't get involve in office politics. Its hard at times i know, i've had similar issues, but Karma always bite these people in the arse.
    True, karma always will.
    Many people will complain against him to the big boss, but I think the big boss won't be willying to crack down on this idiot as this guy is a threat and could take the top job.
    I hate office politics, I really do but sometimes no matter how hard you try, you still get sucked in.

Just when I thought I was out, theyyyy pull meeee baaack in!

Silvio+Dante.jpg
  • melbgirl wrote:
    Worksafe in Victoria is cracking down on Bullying in workplaces and companies will soon realise they need to deal with it as the costs to companies are increasing. I'm sure your company has a harassement policy in place, which means they must follow that. If they don't and someone puts a stress claim in on this person, than it will cost them big bucks. And stress claims are very hard to fight for companies.

Do exactly what your boss says ignore the emails. However also print off copies and keep a diary and jog things down. This will save you if this asswipe turns against you, also never give him a reason to say your a prick. My advise always be polite, stay positive, do your job to the best of your ability and don't get involve in office politics. Its hard at times i know, i've had similar issues, but Karma always bite these people in the arse.

this is very true i do oh&s at my workplace

worksafe vic will not allow this
    take note keep a diary
    freemason or not this guy is a fucking bully
  • MissBeeGirlMissBeeGirl Posts: 233
    True, karma always will.
    Many people will complain against him to the big boss, but I think the big boss won't be willying to crack down on this idiot as this guy is a threat and could take the top job.
    I hate office politics, I really do but sometimes no matter how hard you try, you still get sucked in.

Just when I thought I was out, theyyyy pull meeee baaack in!

Silvio+Dante.jpg
    Lol....Love the picture.
    Office politics is crap. Yes big bosses sometimes won't do anything if the person everyone is claiming about is achieving all the KPI etc....but when they start having high turnover rates. Companies need to start looking after their good workers, they think these lots of good people out there so will treat their staff like crap.Well i work in Recruitment and the last 6 months has been the hardest in all my time in recruitment these not a huge supply of good people out there and its only going to get worse.
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    you know.....those masons rig every oscar night. ;)
    They also made Steve Gutenburg a star :lol:
    Also, this guy has a history of taking full credit for jobs well done even when it was a team effort.
    Some people need to be strapped to a rocket that is fired towards the sun.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Whether he's a freemason or not doesn't sound like the issue. The fact he's a bully IS the issue. .

Exactly! As one said, print e-mails, take notes, etc. Is there not a complaints procedure in your company? I had a problem with a guy like that where I work (he was not my boss but we needed to work closely together). Several people made formal complaints (backed up!) and this person is no longer here.
    Not really.
    If we got a problem just speak to our direct manager first, if it escalates HR or general manager.
    Back to the Freemason thing...
    I do not know much about them other than they are a secret society that help each other become rich and powerful?
    Any more info?
    Are they to be feared?
    Freemasons are not to be 'feared'. They are a brotherhood. A strong one. So yes, a freemason will 'help' another one.

Several members of my family are/were freemasons.
  • FirstExitFirstExit Posts: 973
    Freemasons do incredible things for their communities. They're not to be feared at all. Some of them may be a little more...'ambitious'...than others, as in your case. I would probably guarantee you though that your local Freemasons would disapprove of your boss's actions.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I live by a simple rule - if you ain't bulletproof, I ain't scared.

Do with that what you will...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    SWEET

I'm joining the Freemasons. :twisted:

thanks for the idea! :thumbup:
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Does he look like this, and break into catchy song?

stonecutter.jpg

Anyway, if you're gonna mess with this guy, do it as a group, with you and all the other people who are sick of him. When he sends out an email to people not under his control being pushy, you and all rest reply back with "no" or something.

...this is, of course, if you don't mind losing your job, but it sounds like he's not in a position to do anything to you.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • My dad went to a masons meeting many years ago my mom has told me and to this day he refuses to speak about it at all. He never went back.
    I know they have many secrets, but what the hell are the secrets? And is it anything anbody else would really give a shit to know?
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Any organisation that excludes women from it's meeting is dubious.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Claireack wrote:

See, I'm not the only one with an unholy fear of Boy Scouts.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

I tell you - the boys brigade are even worse, terrifying little mites!
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

woah............I can't remember the last time I heard the term "b oy" scouts!! Over here it's just scouts and boys and girls join in the same group. I should know I was a scout when I was a kid :oops:
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Do a search of Freemason on the A Moving Train forum----lots of info there!!! ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Isn't Bush a freemason?
    Hmmm
    Pondering???? :mrgreen:

Freemasonry is quite complex to research and understand. The brotherhood itself is not the complex bit, but there is so much incorrect info and urban myths all over the place that it makes it difficult to sift through stuff. There is a huge myth surrouding the Freemasons, created by us 'non masons' but also, I think, perpetuated by the freemasons themselves over the centuries.
    I was under the impression they are a very powerful group that can pretty much get high up in ranks and earn heaps.