Why do BOSTON / NYC / PHILLY get all the shows?

2»

Comments

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    These areguments seem redunant. First its the NorthEast gets too many shows why don't they play the midwest or south. So then when those 10c tiks don't sell as well its - we don't have as many people. Aren't those 2 related. If an area as 10-20 times the people shouldn't they get 10-20 as many shows?

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    easy money + great crowds no brainer
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    FiveB247x wrote:
    The truth no one wants to hear is that besides the most available 10C members in the biggest or most accessible cities is the fact that people want to travel to these cities. No offense to other cities, but not many people aren't willing to travel to a mid-level city to see a band, even if they love them. Perhaps if they're close in proximity then yes, but to fly or travel many hours of great distance, it's less likely. That's just something that the NYC's, Boston and Philly's can offer that many others can not.

In the last six years or maybe even longer, I've enjoyed traveling somewhere else to see Pearl Jam perform in another city besides the east coast. Since the release of 'Riot Act', it has been really hard to purchase tickets to east coast shows(fan club/public sales). I don't even try for fan club tix anymore. To much stress & shitty seats. I would have loved to fly out to KC during this leg but the weekday schedule makes it really hard with having kids. But the simple fact about Pearl Jam always touring the east coast is money. I'll wait until the band returns from Europe & enjoy the summer months because I guarantee you there will be a mid west/west coast tour in the fall. Perfect timing for travel. ;)
    The Stars, the Snow, the Fire
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,824
    These "my city is better than your city" threads are ridiculous. Who gives a shit really? Does it really make you feel better that 10c tix sold out for NYC but didnt for the show in Indy? That's pretty fucking sad.
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    These areguments seem redunant. First its the NorthEast gets too many shows why don't they play the midwest or south. So then when those 10c tiks don't sell as well its - we don't have as many people. Aren't those 2 related. If an area as 10-20 times the people shouldn't they get 10-20 as many shows?

We have plenty of fans here.. Just not as many tenclub members.. as my earlier post stated.. Many here opted out of tenclub after going 7+ years without a show. Last time they played here in Nashville (2003) it sold out. EV sold out 2 shows here last summer. One sold out immediatly, the 2nd sold out day of.. Sure they played Bonnaroo in 08 but that can't count as a Nashville show.. many people here won't go to the Roo.. It isn't the most comfortable or sanitary place to see your favorite band.. So you obviously aren't seeing the big picture that there are ALOT of people in other areas that want to hear them play.. They just won't shell out $20 a year for 7 to 10 years in hopes that they will eventually play in the immediate area.. I predict that ALL of the midwest shows will sell out within 72 hours of public onsale... but again.. who cares.. The shows will rock, and I will have GREAT seats with my 272*** number in the midwest where as if BY CHANCE I got Boston or NY tickets I would be in the back of the floor or in the rafters...
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    The east coast is where the money is. Pearl Jam doesn't care about the fans they care about the dollar. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    #FHP
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    aNiMaL wrote:

That said, there is no denying that the area of the country that has the highest population per capita, also has the highest number of 10c members. It doesn't make any of those fans any better of fans than those in other parts of the world, it just means there are more of them in a much smaller area.

that's it.
    no great mystery, just pure and simple math.
    an easy sell.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    It isn't the money it's the convenience of multiple markets near each other... These guys have spent their share of time in a cramped bus going town after town doing show after show.. Also consider the ecological impact of doing a large tour in a private jet.. You can get the most people in to see you and do the least amount of travel by playing Northeast and West Coast.. They just need to remember some of their little guys down here in the South like they have all their friends in the Midwest and plan a mini-tour visit down this way before too much longer.. Here's hoping that this year they will
    PLAY THE SOUTH!!
  • clubber987 wrote:
    ...... and HARTFORD haha ?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Because they sellout immediately. Look at the rest of these joke towns, tickets are still available. I don't wanna hear another complaint about PJ not visiting your area if you can't even support them. They could play Boston / NYC / Philly every weekend and sellout within minutes.

WORD!!!! that's what i'm saying kid!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • zootownzootown Posts: 666
    Solat13 wrote:
    clubber987 wrote:
    ...... and HARTFORD haha ?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Because they sellout immediately. Look at the rest of these joke towns, tickets are still available. I don't wanna hear another complaint about PJ not visiting your area if you can't even support them. They could play Boston / NYC / Philly every weekend and sellout within minutes.
    Cleveland, Noblesville, and Columbus will be 90-95% full.........If not complete sellouts....

I am willing to bet you 5 candy bars on this.....

I remember the Gorge did not sell out of ten club tix in 2006 and night 2 wasn't even sold out after the general sale. But you don't ever see people say that that region can't support Pearl Jam.

Do you know how far the Gorge is from anything? It is in the middle of damn nowhere! Its beautiful and all, but the camping is expensive and oppressive, the cost of everything from a bottle of water to a burger is outrageous due to the monopolization of all by the venue, and it is hot as donkey balls during most of the summer....comparing the Gorge not selling out to a place like Cleveland not selling out is comparing apples and oranges.....more devoted fans go to the gorge, while I would think that in any major city (except Boston, Philly and NYC), a good proportion of the audience are casual fans or first timers even.
    I hold the pain, release me!