mclairemclaire Posts: 61
edited July 2014 in The Porch
?
Post edited by mclaire on

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,674
    Mighty Taco
  • crowpoint01crowpoint01 Posts: 209
    you forgot the chicken wings.... :roll: :shock: ;)
    4/11/94 Boston Garden 9/26/96 Augusta Maine
    8/20/98 Montreal 9/15 & 9/16/98 Great Woods 11/6/98 Karma Club 8/29 & 8/30/00 Tweeter Center
    6/6/03 Vegas 7/2 & 7/11/03 Tweeter Center
    9/28/04 Fleet Center 5/24 & 5/25/06 Boston Garden
    6/28 & 6/30/08 Mansfield
    8/1 & 8/2/08 EV Opera House
    5/17/10 Boston
  • TheVan218TheVan218 Posts: 302
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Mighty Taco

That's our best kept secret. SHHHHHHHH...
  • I dig Buffalo, it has it's problems and simularities like Cleveland.

Not as many mass murders though........... :D
    walk the bridges,.......before you burn them down
  • RD171825RD171825 Posts: 443
    Best part about Buffalo is that its close to Canada :)
  • mclairemclaire Posts: 61
    RD171825 wrote:

That's not the best part of Buffalo. That's the best part for Canadians...so they don't have to shop at Zellers and The Bay and pay GST! Please, come on now.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Mighty Taco

Yup. Me and my husband used to go to Mighty all the time BKCA-before kiddies came along. I did mention 5 star restaurants! And what about Mother's, Left Bank, honey-sesame crust from Just Pizza, Lone Star, Alton's.
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    My wife and I are excited about our first trip to Buffalo. Anything we can't miss, places we have to see, best places to eat (yes, thinking wings!)?
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    mclaire wrote:
    RD171825 wrote:

That's not the best part of Buffalo. That's the best part for Canadians...so they don't have to shop at Zellers and The Bay and pay GST! Please, come on now.
    You got that right! I've been known to drive to Buffalo just to get beer, so you can add that one to your list too :)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    BeerBaron wrote:
    mclaire wrote:
    RD171825 wrote:

You got that right! I've been known to drive to Buffalo just to get beer, so you can add that one to your list too :)

Oh, we have friends who make homemade beer-so good. The Raspberry beer. It's kind of like Saranac but lighter and it's not too sweet. Too good-dangerous. I love Harp. I'm not a lush really. I don't drink that often But good beer is good beer. Guineeeees! Chocolately goodness. Do you just go to the duty free dude?
  • 3 Superbowl's in a row!! nuthin!!nada!!zilch!!........that's gotta still hurt!! :lol::lol::lol: :twisted:
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    3 Superbowl's in a row!! nuthin!!nada!!zilch!!........that's gotta still hurt!! :lol::lol::lol: :twisted:
    4 actually.

Boy
    I
    Love
    Losing
    Superbowls

Buffalo is a great city with a lot of great people. Much respect to the city of Buffalo. As for the Bills...Go Pats! What are we, like, 56-0 against you guys in the superbowl era?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Mighty Taco

I travelled across the country to see another band a few years ago. An online friend (whom I had never met before), picked me up at the airport and she instantly went to Mighty Taco. Next day, Duffs for wings.

I really enjoyed Buffalo. You people really know how to party.
  • 3 Superbowl's in a row!! nuthin!!nada!!zilch!!........that's gotta still hurt!! :lol::lol::lol: :twisted:
    4 actually.

Boy
    I
    Love
    Losing
    Superbowls

Buffalo is a great city with a lot of great people. Much respect to the city of Buffalo. As for the Bills...Go Pats! What are we, like, 56-0 against you guys in the superbowl era?

was it 4?! :lol::lol::lol: oh man!!
    3 Superbowl's in a row!! nuthin!!nada!!zilch!!........that's gotta still hurt!! :lol::lol::lol: :twisted:

That doesn't hurt that bad because how many teams go to the Super Bowl that many times. And that doesn't make or break us. That's all people can say about Buffalo..."The Bills Suck, The weather sucks". That is all SO OLD-CAN YOU UNIMAGINITIVE FUCKS COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE? and yeah, don't tell us where you're from-God forbid someone mocks your city of crime, pollution, smog, freaks, rats out numbering people,
    Goodnight.
  • TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
    edited March 2010
    I grew up in Buffalo from 1982 (kindergarten) to 1987 (middle of fourth grade), and then I applied for an internship at The Buffalo News to work there the summer of 1999 (before my last semester of college) after having lived in Greater Philadelphia for 12 years and having been born and grown up in Fairfax, Va.

I got the internship job, and I had actually been back to visit during the summers of 1996 and 1998. I then went back in 2008 — and all I can say is, Buffalo people are my favorite! I was welcomed with hugs and handshakes and great how-you-doings at a Thursday in the Square show.

Plus, La Nova's hot-barbecue wings are the best of any variety of wings in the world.
    Post edited by TooMuchBlood on
  • mclaire wrote:

That doesn't hurt that bad because how many teams go to the Super Bowl that many times. And that doesn't make or break us. That's all people can say about Buffalo..."The Bills Suck, The weather sucks". That is all SO OLD-CAN YOU UNIMAGINITIVE FUCKS COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE? and yeah, don't tell us where you're from-God forbid someone mocks your city of crime, pollution, smog, freaks, rats out numbering people,
    Goodnight.

No team has gone four in a row. Check out the Oilers playoff game for some evidence — and that was to get to the third. Greatest football game of all time.
  • mclaire wrote:

Goodnight.

i'm 25 minutes north of Boston...i know about pain...Pats perfect season ended by bitch ass Eli Manning! :cry:

but it's just football and i don't really sweat it that much....i was just fucking with the OP :lol: but judging by your sensitivity and hostile reply, i guess the wound hasn't healed as much as you would like to think! :lol::lol:
  • McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    mclaire wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Mighty Taco

Yup. Me and my husband used to go to Mighty all the time BKCA-before kiddies came along. I did mention 5 star restaurants! And what about Mother's, Left Bank, honey-sesame crust from Just Pizza, Lone Star, Alton's.

can't believe you just gave a shout out to honey sesame crust from just pizza, that is effin' classic
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
    McJuicy wrote:
    mclaire wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Mighty Taco

can't believe you just gave a shout out to honey sesame crust from just pizza, that is effin' classic

Really! Friends, family, pizza, and Live on Two Legs. I WOULD rather be in Southern California, but all my people are in Buffalo. Wow, there IS massive comradery in this town-that's why I like it here. "Love, love, love." (I hope they play it!) And while I'm on that subject, hope they play IN MY TREE!!!!!!!!! and DEEP, SMILE, NOTHING AS IT SEEMS! Wow this is really happening!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D There IS NOT ONE BAD SONG, not one.
  • OgnitOgnit Posts: 64
    plus you have Tim Hortons up there, unlike Pittsburgh. Can't wait for this concert
    mclaire wrote:

Goodnight.

i'm 25 minutes north of Boston...i know about pain...Pats perfect season ended by bitch ass Eli Manning! :cry:

but it's just football and i don't really sweat it that much....i was just fucking with the OP :lol: but judging by your sensitivity and hostile reply, i guess the wound hasn't healed as much as you would like to think! :lol::lol:

Hi. Guess what... most of us are on the love boat now, so
    Shut UP already-PLEASE. You're a dragging everyone down. That's my last negative and hostile comment. And I am sorry if I offended anybody or made anyone feel jealous about Pearl Jam coming to Buffalo again. I'm done responding to retard posts. I am positive from this post on out, say what you want. "So anyways,"(Nacho Libre)
    Pearl Jam, MAY 10th!!!!!! :D WOOOOO! Don't worry, be happy, we are all seeing Pearl Jam, right? It's all good!
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    I LOVE BUFFALO!!!

Sure, It's a bit of a wounded city...but shit who isn't hurting right now?

Look at Detroit...They're actually talking about turning Motown into one big rural wind farm....I'm not shitting you...This is serious talk.

Anyways...I spent many a summer across the pond in Fort Erie Canada as a kid and remember going to Buffalo with good ole' Grandad to go shopping as well as hit some Buffalo Bisons and Bills games.

The Allentown area (Street??) is really cool with all of the old houses/record stores/and Bars.

AND THE FOOD!!!

It's a damn shame that the Anchor Bar closed...That place should've been designated a national shrine.
    Afterall...in case you didn't know, The Anchor Bar was the inventor of the the world famous recipe for "Buffalo Wings". Can't believe that place is closed...Although the chicken wing still lives on.

Did you know that Buffalo was once the 2nd most populated city in the United States??? Crazy.

It's the home of Ani Difranco...And it's Tom Waits favorite city to play...No shit.

There's been some cool Pearl Jam shows over the years as well...1996, and most especially 2003.

Can't wait for May 10th!!

See you out there.
  • billyruffbillyruff Posts: 534
    RD171825 wrote:

yeeeeeesssss may 10th can -us relations look to be on the rise... :D
  • J_LAWNJ_LAWN Posts: 163
    I have lived in Buffalo my entire life and I never realized how much I loved it until I went away to school (around Syracuse). There are just so many great things about this place I dont know where to start. There are so many awesome restaurants, the bars down on the Chippewa area are so fun and the people here are all down to earth and no bull-shit.

Sure some of the sports here can suck but the Sabres are doing awesome this year and the Bandits (pro lacrosse) just won the national championships a few yrs ago. And there is nothing like going out for wings then to see a Bisons or Sabres game on a friday night and staying for the fireworks after.

The only thing with Buffalo is you need to be around good friends and know where to go to truly enjoy it. An out of towner would be lost here and probably miserable because there isnt really one central place to go at night to have fun. THere are a lot of different areas all spread out
  • SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    I LOVE BUFFALO!!!

Sure, It's a bit of a wounded city...but shit who isn't hurting right now?

Look at Detroit...They're actually talking about turning Motown into one big rural wind farm....I'm not shitting you...This is serious talk.

Anyways...I spent many a summer across the pond in Fort Erie Canada as a kid and remember going to Buffalo with good ole' Grandad to go shopping as well as hit some Buffalo Bisons and Bills games.

The Allentown area (Street??) is really cool with all of the old houses/record stores/and Bars.

AND THE FOOD!!!

It's a damn shame that the Anchor Bar closed...That place should've been designated a national shrine.
    Afterall...in case you didn't know, The Anchor Bar was the inventor of the the world famous recipe for "Buffalo Wings". Can't believe that place is closed...Although the chicken wing still lives on.

Did you know that Buffalo was once the 2nd most populated city in the United States??? Crazy.

It's the home of Ani Difranco...And it's Tom Waits favorite city to play...No shit.

There's been some cool Pearl Jam shows over the years as well...1996, and most especially 2003.

Can't wait for May 10th!!

See you out there.

The Anchor Bar never closed. But Duffs is better.
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • RD171825RD171825 Posts: 443
    mclaire wrote:
    RD171825 wrote:

I just wanted to get ya goin lol! Buffalo's a nice town... good food, good people. Enjoy the show!
    RD171825 wrote:
    mclaire wrote:
    RD171825 wrote:

I just wanted to get ya goin lol! Buffalo's a nice town... good food, good people. Enjoy the show!

Thanks. U 2. I'm in Canada on the Danforth all the time. Many Canadian relatives. My husband proposed on the Danforth outside that Church next to Mister Greeks.
    IF anyone loves NOTHING AS IT SEEMS as much as I do, you have to see when they played in 2000 in Nurnberg. It's on YouTube. Every time I watch it I'm speechless. Whaaaat is that!? :o

I love bonding with all my fellow Pearl Jammers!! My husband can't relate that much even though he likes them, and my sisters are sick of me talking about them 24/7. Our four year old daughter wants to go to the show and Got Some is her favorite song. (If only she knew). Our son has the stick man onsie which he will wear to his 2nd birthday party. It's nice to know that it's not just me. Does anyone remember the year they sent fans 2 vinyl unreleased songs for Christmas? Mine melted in the back of my car. Which ones were those? Are there any other "old" fans out there? I mean in your 30's?
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    mclaire wrote:
    Hi to all the Buffalo haters. Listen up PearlJamdude420. Buffalo isn't that bad. So we get a little snow in the winter. Oh no, Snow!!Heeeeeelllp! We don't get earthquakes like in California, hurricanes, floods, drought, fires like in the South? (But I do like my Florida vacations). And why do you always hear of so many missing children the more South you go? I'm just wondering? Among other things, you can get a really good burger for cheap! The people in Buffalo are down to earth and genuine. It's not a bad place to raise a family. Buffalo has culture, art, world famous architecture(Frank Lloyd Wright!), sports, GO SABRES, GO BILLS, music, a TON of 5 star restaurants, city planning by Fredrick Law Olmstead, parks and green spaces, our bars close at 4 a.m., One of The Seven Wonders of The World--Niagara Falls! Great health care--America's first cancer center-Rosewell Park Cancer Institute founded in 1898, Excellent universities and colleges...The University of Buffalo inventions:
    - implantable battery-operated cardiac pacemaker
    - PSA test for prostate cancer
    - photodynamic cancer therapy
    - Infasurf lung surfactant
    - pattern recognition software
    - Talent thoracic stent graft
    - teleradiology 3-D viewer and data transmission system. What else, what else Buffalo? Two U.S. Presidents born in Buffalo. Yeah, TWO. Can anyone think of anything else? Oh, we have a one of the Great Lakes of America!--Lake Erie. Let's see... A Grammy Award winning Philharmonic Orchestra that plays in a National Historic Site every night. Speaking of music, did I forget to mention that PEARL JAM IS PLAYING A CONCERT IN BUFFALO/Barfalo/depressing Buffalo/ ON MAY 10TH? Yeah, thanks, have a nice day. Peace, love, and harmony.

This will be my first time there. I only drove through on my way to Canada for the '05 tour. I'm planning to drive around to all the places where Vincent Gallo filmed Buffalo '66, one of my all time favorite movies.