what's up with the tickets that are still available?

shellerizmshellerizm Posts: 127
edited March 2010 in The Porch
i never thought i would see the day? what - nobody wants to go to indiana or buffalo? think it's the prices or just the locations?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,678
    Monday night in Buffalo has a lot to do with it.

A lot of cities in easy access of Buffalo. A Monday makes it a much taller order for people to make the trip.
  • shellerizmshellerizm Posts: 127
    yeah true - but everything except boston and nyc are still available...wow
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    thats what i have been saying . :o WTF
  • I think it`s both the prices and the locations.
    People just don't have the money to buy a pair of tickets.
    And most of the shows are on weekdays :? For those of us who cant take off work to travel we are pretty much screwed.

And location :lol:
    Come on........If some of these show would have been in the south
    Tennessee(Memphis,Nashville)
    Arkansas (Little Rock)
    Texas (anywhere in Texas)
    Florida (anywhere in Florida)
    Georgia (Atlanta)
    they would be selling out 8-)
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    edited March 2010
    I think it`s both the prices and the locations.
    And most of the shows are on weekdays :? For those of us who cant take off work to travel we are pretty much screwed.

Arkansas (Little Rock)
    Georgia (Atlanta)

Dude, if they were playing Little Rock, AR I'd totally go!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously!! A) I have family there. 2) Think of how good my 10C seats would be!!!
    Post edited by AmentsChick on
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Dude, if they were playing Little Rock, AR I'd totally go!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously!! A) I have family there. 2) Think of how good my 10C seats would be!!! :o:D

Memphis - 2000 = 3rd row in front of Mike.

I concur doctor.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    C) Knowing how much it would piss off my right-wing republican family would be reason enough!!

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,844
    I think it`s both the prices and the locations.

Arkansas (Little Rock)
    Georgia (Atlanta)

They would not be sellouts. None of the south shows in 2008 were sellouts for fan club.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,949
    shellerizm wrote:
    i never thought i would see the day? what - nobody wants to go to indiana or buffalo? think it's the prices or just the locations?
    it's people who would rather cry over not getting NYC or Boston than go to the midwest to see the greatest band in the world. :shh:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

• Memphis - 2000 = 3rd row in front of Mike.

I concur doctor.

PBM
    Memphis 2000 was a great show!
    I was front row in between Jeff and Eddie.
  • shellerizmshellerizm Posts: 127
    imalive wrote:
    shellerizm wrote:
    it's people who would rather cry over not getting NYC or Boston than go to the midwest to see the greatest band in the world. :shh:

no shit!!! LOL - i am from philly - i am taking the trip out to indy - fuck boston and nyc. msg = insanity

I concur doctor.

PBM

Lucky bitch. :D

• They would not be sellouts. None of the south shows in 2008 were sellouts for fan club.
    They didn't play Texas,Arkansas,Georgia,Tennessee in 2008 (bonnaroo doesn't count)

They would not be sellouts. None of the south shows in 2008 were sellouts for fan club.
    They didn't play Texas,Arkansas,Georgia,Tennessee in 2008 (bonnaroo doesn't count)

You really think Little Rock is gonna sell out over Tampa, Kansas City, St. Louis, Indianapolis (2 hours from Chicago), Cleveland, Buffalo, WPB, etc....? Nope. Not going to happen. Neither will Dallas or Houston or Atlanta. Sorry.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    if i remember well this didnt happen at 2008 east tour,,strange..why people dont get a train travel,see the show and go back...i dont get it..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,949
    shellerizm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

no shit!!! LOL - i am from philly - i am taking the trip out to indy - fuck boston and nyc. msg = insanity

good for you! some people would rather bitch about the "unfairness" of Boston and NYC and no Philly (this time) :roll:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

• They would not be sellouts. None of the south shows in 2008 were sellouts for fan club.

You really think Little Rock is gonna sell out over Tampa, Kansas City, St. Louis, Indianapolis (2 hours from Chicago), Cleveland, Buffalo, WPB, etc....? Nope. Not going to happen. Neither will Dallas or Houston or Atlanta. Sorry.
    Neither of us really know do we?
    All I do know is that tickets for Kansas City, St. Louis, Indianapolis are still available as we speak.
    And yes if it was Dallas or Atlanta they would be selling better imo.
    Like I said in my first post , the dates of these shows aren't helping at all.
    Shows that are on Sunday, Monday,Tuesday,and Wednesday are really hard for people who have to travel.We all have jobs .
  • RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    That's what vacation is for.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    there is nothing more we would like to do then be old hippies and jump in a van and see every show in the midwest. Thats a pure dream, lifes responsibilities keep us from that. We can't be gone from our business now for more than 2-3 days so for us its KC and that looks to be it this tour unfortunately. Ny would have been a nice weekend trip and Hartford which I'm about to lose my mind with is our anniversary on a Sat so that would be doable. I'm not getting my hopes up though.
  • i was thinking of going to indy, but i wont have a car when i travel this time, and getting to noblesville without a car id imagine is a huge pain in the ass, last time i saw them in noblesville on the 03 tour i think it was, i ahd car, it was easy to get around. but if you have no car? how the fuck do you get to that woodshed venue? its kind of in the middle of nowhere, there is that one road with the main drag and stores and stuff, but other than that is alot of farmland, id imagine a taxi from indy airport to the venue would cost an arm and a leg???

kind of wish they had chose conseco fieldhouse instead to play at
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    How are they selling out those southern cities before the current cities. In this dream of yours are they playing at club sized places in the south. I can see Atlanta...........maybe, and possibly Dallas, but the rest, you are kidding yourself, or need to wake up.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    In all fairness, Atlanta always had a great show.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

*Also...if selling out shows is the goal (not saying that it is), then perhaps their collective eye has been taken off the ball.

Signed,
    Devil's Advocate

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm not sure if the Atl shows have sold out in the past its been awhile for me to remember :mrgreen: I don't know if Columbia did either in 08 but it was rockin full and a great crowd as I'm sure the FL shows were. I think the South represents fine not as good as the east of course but they have a solid fan base down here. More people are traveling now too so I think we can fill an arena or two.
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722

I concur doctor.

PBM

Oh man, I should have concurred... Why didn't I concur?

I'm such an idiot...

:lol:
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • SkeeterBSkeeterB Posts: 423
    shellerizm wrote:

People just aren't spending money like they used to. That's the bottom line. Ohio and Indiana are two of the states that have been hit the hardest with the recession. For locations close to big cities, if the shows were on a Saturday night, more people would go. The St. Louis show would have sold a ton more of pre-sale tickets if on a Saturday night.

Also, keep in mind that since Pearl Jam has not played a lot of these cities in many years, they may have alienated their fan bases there. Yes, most of us on the board are fanatical, but not playing in Indy, Kansas City, St. Louis, etc. for so many years may have also hurt pre sale ticket sales.

I guess there are just lots of reasons, really.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Also just because the 10c tickets aren't sold out doesn't mean the show won't be. Maybe they won't be but isn't this kind of a moot argument until after the shows?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    if i remember well this didnt happen at 2008 east tour,,strange..why people dont get a train travel,see the show and go back...i dont get it..

It did happen in 2008. Columbia, WPB, and Tampa all stayed up for days.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,836

I concur doctor.

PBM
    Memphis 2000 was a great show!

I have that boot! Great show. :)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • MB50486MB50486 Posts: 243
    It's kinda funny...people bitch about not getting shows near them. How many people over the last 5 months have bitched about that? Instead of bitching about no Philly or Pittsburgh we're making a 5 hr (one way) one day trip to Cleveland. Gotta do what ya gotta do. Plus less 10c members there better seats. And btw I'm 40 with 2 kids