Possible Pittsburgh Show - Rumor Heard on Radio Today!

PittsburghPJPittsburghPJ Posts: 213
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I hate to be the one who starts another rumor thread...but on my way home from work today, I heard Mark Madden say on The X, "So I hear Pearl Jam may be coming to Pittsburgh..." or something very similar. He then made a joke about having to pretend to be excited about this news since he works at The X and they are an alternative station. I tried to call in but couldn't get through...

So...thoughts...?

BTW, I searched, and didn't see this posted elsewhere.
YNWA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MB50486MB50486 Posts: 243
    Just got Cleveland tix. Might be an expensive spring.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    If a Pittsburgh show is added, the logical date would be May 12th...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • I sent an email when I got home...doubtful I will get a response, but I figured I could at least inquire as to what the source might have been.
    YNWA
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    My theory....Mark Madden is an asshole? :? :lol: (Man I hate that guy...)

But yeah, if this happens my bank account will be so, so sad.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    edited March 2010
    BeerBaron wrote:
    If a Pittsburgh show is added, the logical date would be May 12th...

This is true, most likely after the weekend sales if they are strong, 10c will announce that 2 new shows added- Pitt on 5/12 and Boston II on 5/18
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • cdp1223 wrote:

This is not in dispute. But what would prompt him to say that, of all things? There has to be some reason; it's not as if he comes on the air every day to talk about how much he hates Pearl Jam.
    YNWA
  • RP44011RP44011 Posts: 10
    I hope you are right and they come to Pittsburgh it has been 4 long years and even though I will see them in Cleveland it would be great to hear. I called Tenclub and they said they could not confirm or deny a Pittsburgh show.....
    cdp1223 wrote:

This is not in dispute. But what would prompt him to say that, of all things? There has to be some reason; it's not as if he comes on the air every day to talk about how much he hates Pearl Jam.

Haha...yeah I wasn't disputing the weirdness of it...just sayin! :lol:
    I have no idea what to expect at this point, so I've just stopped expecting anything. It will be an awesome bonus if they come here, but I don't want to get my hopes up.
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Keep dreaming heard the same rumor for Detroit . now what ?? :lol::lol:
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    jokertt wrote:
    I can't believe I am saying this, but I would take a Detroit show over a Pittsburgh show :)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    BeerBaron wrote:
    jokertt wrote:
    I can't believe I am saying this, but I would take a Detroit show over a Pittsburgh show :)

Get out of here.....Canadien!!! Pittsburghers rule. :lol:
  • BeerBaron wrote:

As OP, do I have the authority to ban BeerBaron from future postings? :D
    YNWA
    I think so..... :mrgreen:
    BeerBaron wrote:

As OP, do I have the authority to ban BeerBaron from future postings? :D
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    BeerBaron wrote:
    jokertt wrote:

Ahhhhhh Detroit............ the city where Pittsburgh goes to win Championships.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    very true........ :lol:
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    I hate to be the one who starts another rumor thread...but on my way home from work today, I heard Mark Madden say on The X, "So I hear Pearl Jam may be coming to Pittsburgh..." or something very similar. He then made a joke about having to pretend to be excited about this news since he works at The X and they are an alternative station. I tried to call in but couldn't get through...

So...thoughts...?

BTW, I searched, and didn't see this posted elsewhere.

I hate that super-idiot. It's too bad he talks so much on his show when he really needs to just shut up and play some music.
  • I emailed Abby (who comes on after Mark) to ask if this was a legit rumor or not.
    YNWA
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    it is legit....it has been legit since before the shows were announced. i caught wind of some "communication" with venues here at work one day about two weeks ago. i made threads about it... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=124953

plus a little more to add, tim benz was talking about pj alot this morning and played wishlist and even flow.
  • my opinion is also that madden is an a douche-nozzel. i mean the whole "rude to the listener shock jock" thing is kinda stale...

as for pj in pgh, as i was driving home today my sis called me and said she had just heard on dve (this would have been about 5p) that they we're very interested in comin back (which i think we knew) but hockey playoff scheduling conflicts blah blah...

my thoughts here: wasnt it possible that they were contacting starlake too? i thought our young friend who posted above me was onto that, yes? so i guess they just couldnt quite fit the puzzle together

beyond that she also mentioned that the radio stated this was a problem in more cities than just here...perhpas detroit? others? i mean cities with good hockey/basketball right now are semi in flux re:arena usage. playoff scheds are kind of a big variable at the moment. i mean i want pj to come back but i'll get my fix in cleveland, buffalo, etc and keep the winning tradition goin here at home!!! :lol:
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
    my opinion is also that madden is an a douche-nozzel. i mean the whole "rude to the listener shock jock" thing is kinda stale...

as for pj in pgh, as i was driving home today my sis called me and said she had just heard on dve (this would have been about 5p) that they we're very interested in comin back (which i think we knew) but hockey playoff scheduling conflicts blah blah...

my thoughts here: wasnt it possible that they were contacting starlake too? i thought our young friend who posted above me was onto that, yes? so i guess they just couldnt quite fit the puzzle together

beyond that she also mentioned that the radio stated this was a problem in more cities than just here...perhpas detroit? others? i mean cities with good hockey/basketball right now are semi in flux re:arena usage. playoff scheds are kind of a big variable at the moment. i mean i want pj to come back but i'll get my fix in cleveland, buffalo, etc and keep the winning tradition goin here at home!!! :lol:
    did u end up going to the ten show at altar bar?

and yes, the "super-genius" is an idiot
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! And what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Detroit over Pittsburgh?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You make me sick.
  • gndcd402 wrote:
    it is legit....it has been legit since before the shows were announced. i caught wind of some "communication" with venues here at work one day about two weeks ago. i made threads about it... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=124953

plus a little more to add, tim benz was talking about pj alot this morning and played wishlist and even flow.

Well, hopefully, something new has been put in motion.

On a side note, I find Tim Benz to be infinitely more obnoxious than Mark Madden. He is such a little weasel.
    YNWA
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Maybe all these rumors are pertaining to the fall?
  • BeeGirl86BeeGirl86 Posts: 172
    I finallllyyyy just got around a computer after hearing this....I heard Mark Madden say it tooo and I almost shit myself!!!!! hahaha I tried to call in....he had to have a reason to say this......I AM PRAAYYINNNGGG HE IS RIGHT!!!
    I miss you alreddie.
  • BeeGirl86BeeGirl86 Posts: 172
    PS....I despise mark madden and am pissed he is on The X
    I miss you alreddie.
  • I bought tickets for cleveland too. But I have no problem shelling out a few more bucks for a pittsburgh show.

P.S. It's been heavily stated, but i completely agree, Mark Madden is a complete asshole. He's the reason I don't listen to The X anymore around 3:00.
  • CabbieCabbie Posts: 35
    My friend told me about this, he heard them say the date was May 12th
    Too bad I can't go :( its on a wednesday and squeezed between two very important track meets..

I can't stand the X, thats why I listen to public radio, 91.3 WYEP!
  • BeeGirl86 wrote:
    I finallllyyyy just got around a computer after hearing this....I heard Mark Madden say it tooo and I almost shit myself!!!!! hahaha I tried to call in....he had to have a reason to say this......I AM PRAAYYINNNGGG HE IS RIGHT!!!

Good...I'm not crazy!!
    YNWA
    BeeGirl86 wrote:

Good...I'm not crazy!!
    i just wanna know why in gods name were u two listening to mark madden?! :lol:
  • I work part-time (nights, weekends, and any spare moments) as a stagehand, and yesterday while we were setting up for Jay-Z (what!what!) at the arena, I talked with our city's Live Nation rep.

Anyways...
    He said that it was between Pittsburgh and Cleveland for the 9th, but Cleveland got it because the guy that books the shows for Pittsburgh also books for Columbus, Cincy, and Cleveland, and Cleveland got it because the Q is a nicer arena (which is 100% true, although I love me some Igloo). He also said that since they put together kind of last minute, it was easier to put it at Cleveland because it is easier to set up for a basketball game for the next night than to get an old arena NHL-worthy for a hockey game the night after.

Anyways...
    I told him about the 12th and how they have a break on the 10th, play the 11th, then have two days off between Buffalo and V.B., and he said that there is discussion, but it is limited because of hockey. The NHL was super-pissed last yeard because the Pens and Caps had to play back to back games, split between the two cities, because the arena booked Yanni well in advanced of the playoffs. Our Live Nation guy told me that because of that, and because of how shitty the ice is in Pittsburgh (if you're a hockey fan, you'll know what I'm talking about-a rock concert destroys the quality of the ice), the possiblity of a rock concert is a long shot in Pittsburgh during the playoffs this year. He said that they are trying for it, but it's all speculation now.

I also asked about booking Starlake, and he said he's heard nothing yet, but he was going to check for me.

I hope the ice quality thing makes sense. If it doesn't, another Pens hockey fan can explain how bad that arenas ice is.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2003: Pittsburgh
    2004: Toledo
    2005: Pittsburgh
    2006: Cleveland, Pittsburgh
    2008: D.C.
    2009: Toronto, Philly IV
    2010: Cleveland
    2011: East Troy I & II
    2013: Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Baltimore
    2014: Austin I
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Hampton, Philly II, Chicago II