Surprised Buffalo has NOT sold out w/ the MSG people shutout

Comments

• CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Having done MSG in '08, I for one am PSYCHED to be going to Buffalo! Isn't it really what you make it?!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • NYC is towards the end of the week. Buffalo is a horse crap town and on a Monday.
  • TheVan218TheVan218 Posts: 302
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:
    Good luck winning the cup. . . ever.

haha yeah those sabres cup ceremonies are real common eh

ouch

I know, and he had to choose the well known Buffalo team that we actually LIKE watching.
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    It's weird how people think that New York is all one place. I remember my old roommates parents called him up worried sick after this big snowstorm hit in like, Schenectady, while we were in NYC, thinking he was trapped under two feet of snow. In conclusion, Buffalo is incredibly far from NYC on a Monday evening especially.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    NYC is towards the end of the week. Buffalo is a horse crap town and on a Monday.

If I got smart with you how would you know :?:
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

BeerBaron wrote:
    It's not nearly the same thing. Buffalo doesn't even have direct flights to most major US cities and with apologies to those from Buffalo, who on earth would want to stay over night in that city? :shock:

Kiss my ass. People! Don't go to Toronto because their people are arrogant! World class they are not...

Buffalo is sweet and way more fun than Toronto...Plenty to do and, although not as polished as Toronto, cool to look at.

Anyways, the Leafs suck and i wish their fans would stay out of Buffalo. They get way too drunk, harass our women and act like it is their home ice! GO SABRES

How do i share pictures? I am gonna back it up, visually...SON
    Post edited by elderlywoman on
  • locked wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    What's the deal? Buffalo isnt too bad of a drive to see Pearl Jam from New York...I mean, it's closer than the other cities. Please, Niagra Falls is nearby and those wings....Oy My GOD...the WINGS.

fyi

BUFFALO IS 8.5 HOUR DRIVE FROM BOSTON...

Not true, It is 6.5...I go there all the time and my cousins come here all the time, got it down to a science.
  • JL19851JL19851 Posts: 209
    To make it to Buffalo from NY is similar to trying to get to Pittsburgh, it's just not gonna happen.

On the MSG thing, having been to the prior 6 shows they've played there, there's nothing quite like it. While I think the Halloween show last year was the best show I've ever seen, probably all 6 of these shows would make my personal top 10 pearl jam shows that I've seen. You'd never get it from the bootlegs or DVDs, it's the energy in the room, and from both the band and the crowd. The sound isn't great, but when a crowd gets that loud (which in turn ruins the quality of the bootlegs - see '08) the fine tuning of the sound doesn't so much matter. It's just a completely joyful celebratory experience between a band and its fans...a rock n' roll cathedral of sorts.

The same is not always true of other concerts I've seen there. The REM crowd was dare I say near silent comparably, but Page & Plant was as really loud. I've been to a few more there as well, as well as a number of Knicks, Rangers, and St. John's games. It is personally my favorite place to see an event just because when the place is rocking, there's nothing quite like it.
  • BeerBaron wrote:
    It's not nearly the same thing. Buffalo doesn't even have direct flights to most major US cities and with apologies to those from Buffalo, who on earth would want to stay over night in that city? :shock:

Kiss my ass. People! Don't go to Toronto because their people are arrogant! World class they are not...

Buffalo is sweet and way more fun than Toronto...Plenty to do and, although not as polished as Toronto, cool to look at.

Anyways, the Leafs suck and i wish their fans would stay out of Buffalo. They get way too drunk, harass our women and act like it is their home ice! GO SABRES

Pshh...calm down, no need to insult. Buffalo's just fine, as is Toronto. We all have a preference for our hometowns, no need to trash talk each other's cities.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • shantzy1shantzy1 Posts: 34
    I am from Burlington, Ont (1hr 15 min drive to Buffalo) and I am more than happy for people not to want to go to Buffalo for a show. That way as a 10C member I get better seats!!!!! Stay away from Buffalo everyone!!!!! I'll rock out by myself!!!
  • TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 547
    I am from Toronto and going to both Cleveland and Buffalo.

I feel lucky to be able to be given the opportunity to drive 5 hours to Cleveland and then 3 hours to Buffalo (which would be on my way back anyways) to see Pearl Jam 2 days in a row.

I know I will have a good time in both cities and meet some great Tenclub members.

I have heard good things about Cleveland and I have been to Buffalo numerous times and had fun. The trip is what you make it...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,677
    Buffalo has more than enough awesome things to fill a few days.

People from the Eastern seaboard will not get Leprosy if the set foot "Upstate"
  • BeerBaron wrote:

Pshh...calm down, no need to insult. Buffalo's just fine, as is Toronto. We all have a preference for our hometowns, no need to trash talk each other's cities.

Don't you ever Pshhh me...
  • hinxhinx Posts: 416
    If Buffalo was on a weekend I'd have done the drive from Delaware. I have family up there so it'd have been a cheap trip for me.

These short tours would really benefit from some weekend scheduling :lol:
    Lets go Buffalo... The place will have a more than special feel to it especialy if the Sabres are making a run for lord stanley...
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,

I am from Burlington, Ont (1hr 15 min drive to Buffalo) and I am more than happy for people not to want to go to Buffalo for a show. That way as a 10C member I get better seats!!!!! Stay away from Buffalo everyone!!!!! I'll rock out by myself!!!

Ahhh, I see what you're trying to do - good idea - we can have the whole place and band to ourselves. Here, let me give it a shot.

Ya, and those Buffalo wings kinda suck too - I think they're made out of real Buffalos and everyone knows Buffalos don't have wings. :shock: Yuk, yuk, yukky.

:D
    I better make something of it - cause the in-between is MINE!!!
    Toronto: June 28/2003, September 19/2005, May 9 & May 10/2006, August 21/2009, September 11th & 12/2011
    Buffalo: May 10/2010
  • i am original from ottawa. i went to the last buffalo show, it was a great show and amazing setlist. as for the city, not so much. buffalo imo is kind of a dump, if i was to stay overnight id consider going to niagara falls or something. but last time i was there went to pearl jam, then left the very same night for state college pa

im going to both ny city shows, but im in philly area now. philly to buffalo is far like 7 hour train ride, philly to ny city is only like 90 mins by amtrak, and hartford and bristow are both closer too than buffalo.

whenever they play new york dates besides msg, i always wish they would add Albany more often, or even go to syracuse they have not gone there in forever

WHAT ABOUT PLAYING THE CARRIER DOME ONE OF THESE YEARS? syracuse is 10x more fun than buffalo imo. and even albany when i saw them had more stuff to do than buffalo. in that area toronto is the most fun city, but i dont like how they pretend to be a US city when they are not

WHAT ABOUT MAY 12th????? a show has to be added between buffalo and bristow id think, i am hearing rumors pittsburgh, state college, and philly
  • BUFFALO wrote:
    Lets go Buffalo... The place will have a more than special feel to it especialy if the Sabres are making a run for lord stanley...
    the only thing barfalo will win is a pearl jam concert lol. 03 show was really good one of my favorites on the tour, not sure why americans would want to live in buffalo though when they have options for other cities, it not like toronto either, not saying i like toronto, just why be in buffalo when you can move somewhere warmer lol
  • RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    DS114969 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    because MSG and NYC is superior in every way to everything in the history of ever.

:lol:8-)

How many murders & muggings have there been aropund MSG so far this year?
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
    BUFFALO wrote:
    the only thing barfalo will win is a pearl jam concert lol. 03 show was really good one of my favorites on the tour, not sure why americans would want to live in buffalo though when they have options for other cities, it not like toronto either, not saying i like toronto, just why be in buffalo when you can move somewhere warmer lol
    we are so depressed here, we fear making any chances for a better life. lol

Yes, please stay away from Buffalo! And stop shopping here all the time! You're taking all our parking spots and cramming the Boulevard and the 90. We like not having so much traffic and pollution that all the other BIG cities have. Leave us alone, please. Stay away from Buffalo everyone!!!! Rock out by yourselves. How sad. I feel bad for you though rockin out by yourself. From where, your living room to the cd? Aw :cry:
  • TheVan218TheVan218 Posts: 302
    mclaire wrote:
    shantzy1 wrote:

Yes, please stay away from Buffalo! And stop shopping here all the time! You're taking all our parking spots and cramming the Boulevard and the 90. We like not having so much traffic and pollution that all the other BIG cities have. Leave us alone, please. Stay away from Buffalo everyone!!!! Rock out by yourselves. How sad. I feel bad for you though rockin out by yourself. From where, your living room to the cd? Aw :cry:

Agreed, and quit leaving your shit in the mall parking lot so you won't have to claim it when you cross the border.
  • Buffalo was like taking candy from a baby! Logged in and clicked buy and checked out! All in under 5 minutes... Holy shit!
    JAMMER FOR LIFE!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,677

Not everyone prefers hot weather. I love the winter and the activities that come with it. I also love the change in seasons. Springtime/Summer in Buffalo is among the best in the USA.

You also have a VERY low cost of living in Buffalo. You can get wherever you want very quickly as there is little traffic and you arent packed in endless 10-25 story buildings like a 7 million person beehive.

There is a lot very close. All the great destinantions in Canada within a few hours (Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Great areas north and west of Toronto), Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Northeast Cities... Niagara Falls ON has turned into a great place too.

Great food... certain chain restaurants wont even try to enter the market.

Friendly people.

Downtown is a little downtrodden, but surrounding areas are OK.

The economy there is shite. High taxes. If you have a decent job in Buffalo you have it made. You can easily buy a nice house in a great area that would cost 3x or 4x the price elsewhere.

I have lived in a number of places and Buffalo is my favorite by a lot (actually Philly isnt that bad either). Its not for everyone, you are likely not going to run into J-Lo at a Dunkin Donuts or anything, but people there arent dummies for choosing to live there.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    There's a handy train that runs straight to the arena, if you take a hotel some distance away. Its free if you get on above ground.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    They shoulda replaced the midwest dates and Buffalo with some Southern dates.
  • Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    If it wasn't on a Monday, I would be there and am really glad you folks are getting a show. Enjoy!
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    buffalo return is like $200

i don't get some new yorkers
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i am original from ottawa. i went to the last buffalo show, it was a great show and amazing setlist. as for the city, not so much. buffalo imo is kind of a dump, if i was to stay overnight id consider going to niagara falls or something. but last time i was there went to pearl jam, then left the very same night for state college pa

im going to both ny city shows, but im in philly area now. philly to buffalo is far like 7 hour train ride, philly to ny city is only like 90 mins by amtrak, and hartford and bristow are both closer too than buffalo.

whenever they play new york dates besides msg, i always wish they would add Albany more often, or even go to syracuse they have not gone there in forever

WHAT ABOUT PLAYING THE CARRIER DOME ONE OF THESE YEARS? syracuse is 10x more fun than buffalo imo. and even albany when i saw them had more stuff to do than buffalo. in that area toronto is the most fun city, but i dont like how they pretend to be a US city when they are not

WHAT ABOUT MAY 12th????? a show has to be added between buffalo and bristow id think, i am hearing rumors pittsburgh, state college, and philly

Buffalo then State College...those HAVE to be the best back to back PJ shows of ALL TIME.

P.S South Buffalo= not so nice. Patrick Kane is from there and tends to beat up elderly cabbies who short him $.20.
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Buffalo/New York are nowhere near each other.

King of surprise that it didn't because of Toronto, but Cleveland is getting a show so that kind of takes away from the people in that area. Not to mention that Hartford, Boston, and MSG got shows, so that's probably where all the people in the middle of the state are going.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08