Only one way to solve the presale problem

2»

Comments

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    MW64712 wrote:
    that is really the only way to fix it. give it to TM or someone to do and be done with it. the price of the ticket is not going to be that much more and frankly, they are selling 99% of their seats thru them on the regular onsale so i don't see what the big deal is. if the ticket was $10 bucks more, but it was over in 15 min, i'd pay that for the conveience and lack of frustration this all caused.

i think we all would be much less pissed about all this if it was done and over with in 15 min vs. 4 hours....i think that is the major bitch. if i have a real shot at getting them, like everyone else, then fine but to sit for 3 hours waiting for this shit to be over cause "it might NOT be over since it still says TEMPORARILY" and folks at 1 hour are pulling seats or i have the buy button for 40 minutes and all the page does is time out.....its frustrating as hell. on a TM site or another that can handle the traffic, this would be over in 15 min. i would be bummed i didn't get them but i wouldn't be completely PISSED for wasting 2-3 hours and then not getting them....i seriously think that if it went fast and smooth, even if you got timed out but it was over in 15 min, i think we'd all take it like it is, its a sprint to the finish, some make it some don't, but it surely wouldn't be as painful as this process was for MSG...or boston. we changed our plans and are going to columbus and cleveland, we'll probably have better seats due to less demand but the gigs compared to MSG....who knows....probably won't stand up, but i'm happy to get to see them again twice this mini tour. rock on boys and keep the faith, i hope 10C sees the light here and does the right thing.

I cant believe people dont see the problem with this. take a step back. do you want the best tickets for every show in the hands of TicketMaster? do you trust them?
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • schappschapp Posts: 160
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    TM pre-sales are usually only password protected, which of course, leaks to the net. If it's only password protected, does that help anyone? At least this way, they know you are a member. Or do other fan clubs using TM verify tickets against their membership roster?

Agreed, if it was only a global password protected pre-sale, it wouldn't work at all. That's usually the case for MSG based presales, but not for the other clubs I'm registered with.

Since your register, they give you a unique password that only allows you to buy 2 or 4 tickets (depending on the band). Once in Ticketmaster, you can buy the tickets you have the right to get and then the password gets disabled; if you try to use it again, it says that the password has been used and you cannot buy more tickets.

In the case of AC/DC and Iron Maiden (only GA), they give you paper tickets inside the venue, so you have to be inside with your guest when you pick your tickets up and cannot leave the venue again, to reduce scalping. This is similar to 10c.
  • schappschapp Posts: 160
    Honestly what were the big issues? I was reading the posts all day and was all nervous but I logged in both for the STL and Indiana tickets with no problem. I also logged in right at the time they were suppose to start. The only scary thing I had happen is that it took about 5 mintues to complete my sale for Indiana because it took a bit to load each window as I went through the windows to complete the sale.

Honestly there a lot of factors beside the site being over loaded. Sometimes a persons interent connection can really affect their productivity in times like this. I also agree with some of the others that not everyone can get tickets because unfortunatly there are much more of us than there are tickets.

I don't mean to start a nasty pissing match but I've heard a lot of complaining on this board and it bothers me because first we were complaining about no tour, then it was ticket prices, now it's the site.

Jesus, either enjoy the band or don't...all of us have missed out on fan club tickets every now and again, deal with it. Buck up and buy them on Friday, it is what I would be doing if something went astray for me as well.

Peace out, feel the love that Pearl Jam puts out there don't be so negative. The band really doesn't owe us shit, their just guys who write great songs and were fortunate enough to make a living of it.

You have no idea how it was like... nothing to do with internet speed connections; there's always more demand than supply in other ticket systems for hot shows, yet nothing like this happens (at least in my experience); I wouldn't complain about tours and ticket prices, but this ticketing system issue is worth a visit so it can be improved. I am tired about the thousands of threads about this issue instead of a single one, but people really needed to vent out their frustration with the system, which is different than venting because of not scoring tickets. We all know that sometimes we won't get them and at least I'm fine with it. As I mentioned before, I had a Maiden presale this morning and I was nervous as hell because of yesterday's, and I'm usually cool :)
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    MW64712 wrote:
    that is really the only way to fix it. give it to TM or someone to do and be done with it. the price of the ticket is not going to be that much more and frankly, they are selling 99% of their seats thru them on the regular onsale so i don't see what the big deal is. if the ticket was $10 bucks more, but it was over in 15 min, i'd pay that for the conveience and lack of frustration this all caused.

i think we all would be much less pissed about all this if it was done and over with in 15 min vs. 4 hours....i think that is the major bitch. if i have a real shot at getting them, like everyone else, then fine but to sit for 3 hours waiting for this shit to be over cause "it might NOT be over since it still says TEMPORARILY" and folks at 1 hour are pulling seats or i have the buy button for 40 minutes and all the page does is time out.....its frustrating as hell. on a TM site or another that can handle the traffic, this would be over in 15 min. i would be bummed i didn't get them but i wouldn't be completely PISSED for wasting 2-3 hours and then not getting them....i seriously think that if it went fast and smooth, even if you got timed out but it was over in 15 min, i think we'd all take it like it is, its a sprint to the finish, some make it some don't, but it surely wouldn't be as painful as this process was for MSG...or boston. we changed our plans and are going to columbus and cleveland, we'll probably have better seats due to less demand but the gigs compared to MSG....who knows....probably won't stand up, but i'm happy to get to see them again twice this mini tour. rock on boys and keep the faith, i hope 10C sees the light here and does the right thing.

I cant believe people dont see the problem with this. take a step back. do you want the best tickets for every show in the hands of TicketMaster? do you trust them?

You do realize that the venue and/or promoter handles the tickets before they are issued to 10C right??? So how is this any different than TM or Comcasttix issuing to or holding the tickets for 10C distribution on the night of the show??? You have a contract stating what tickets 10C is entitled to and that's it.

As for the password issue, I don't see how it would be difficult to allow users to log in to buy tickets using either their username and password from here or their 10C number and password, thereby cutting down on scalping and password leaks.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • jaboodeyjaboodey Posts: 90
    I don't want TM or LiveNation to run the ticket system....imagine the "service charges" then. I paid $6.50 per ticket for a Live Nation service charge on a $20 tickets to BMRC and Ted Leo Tix in Boston in April.

I trust the TC can figure it out.

I'm disappointed that I spent over an hour and half fighting the ripped face off page only to have the tickets not get in my cart. But I'll still try to public tickets when they go on sale. I'm a little frustrated that the Midwest shows haven't sold out. Is there a smaller available TC segment of tickets at TD Banknorth or MSG?

I'm jonesing for a show, not hoping for Hartford.

Good luck all.

($171 a pair, wow)
    Rochester NY '94, E Rutherford NJ '98, MSG '98
    Jones Beach 2000, Mansfield 03, Camden 03, Hershey 03
    Boston VFC 04, Halifax 05
    Hartford 06, Boston 06, E Rutherford 06
    Mansfield I & II 08, Philly Spectrum -Halloween 09! Hartford '10
    Eddie -Boston 6/16/11, Worcester 2013, Amsterdam 6/16/14,
    Quebec City '16, Ottowa '16, Fenway Nights 1 & 2 2016
    London 1 2018, Fenway Nights 1 & 2 2018
    Got Id?
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,652
    you just have a lottery like you did for the Vedder solo shows. everyone signs up using credit card who wants tickets by a certain day/time, then depending on how many tickets 10 club has, they pick the winners and charge cards accordingly. hopefully you know by the time the public sale starts if you have won. very simple solution and if you bitch about not winning the lottery no one will really care.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    Let's hope that the 10 Club doesn't solve the presale problem by never selling club tickets again. Then we will all be losers. If I was them I would not want to listen to any more whiners!
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    RockMama wrote:
    Let's hope that the 10 Club doesn't solve the presale problem by never selling club tickets again. Then we will all be losers. If I was them I would not want to listen to any more whiners!

Wow who's whining here??? It seems that people have made rational and levelheaded observations and suggestions in this thread.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    The Only way to solve this is by choosing to attend shows with less demand i won't even try for Northeast shows anymore it's not worth the frustration at all ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • To many people using multiple computers = bottle neck

What did the 10C say . . .

• DO NOT LOGIN USING MULTIPLE COMPUTERS!!!!! This creates a bottle neck of web traffic which can result in site failure and loss of ticket order. We can not stress this one enough.

We can not stress this one enough. We can not stress this one enough. We can not stress this one enough.

People who got shut out should be mad at people like "ssdr18".

"two computers up and 3 browsers"

Sad fact . . . . a lot of 10C members logon using multiple computers . . . .

Their are also a lot of 10C members that are scam artists . . . multiple memberships (brother, sister, uncle, etc) . . . having 10C tickets to a show but trying upgrade their location by saying they don't have 10C tickets. There is a group of gals that always find some willing partner to split a pair of 10C tickets in a better location than their own 10C seats. I just have to laugh at these people . . . pathetic.

I know a 10C member in Florida that works in an IT department and uses his staff to run 6 computers with 3 memberships (himself, mom, and brother) to buy tickets to NYC shows.

There is a segment of 10C members that are kind of slimy.

Funny no one has commented on this yet. Yesterday, at least 30 people posted about using multiple member numbers/computers and/or browsers/windows/tabs/whatever. It's the "I'll do whatever I want" people that slow the system down and cause problems.

Plenty of people didn't have a problem yesterday.
  • To many people using multiple computers = bottle neck

What did the 10C say . . .

• DO NOT LOGIN USING MULTIPLE COMPUTERS!!!!! This creates a bottle neck of web traffic which can result in site failure and loss of ticket order. We can not stress this one enough.

We can not stress this one enough. We can not stress this one enough. We can not stress this one enough.

People who got shut out should be mad at people like "ssdr18".

"two computers up and 3 browsers"

Sad fact . . . . a lot of 10C members logon using multiple computers . . . .

Their are also a lot of 10C members that are scam artists . . . multiple memberships (brother, sister, uncle, etc) . . . having 10C tickets to a show but trying upgrade their location by saying they don't have 10C tickets. There is a group of gals that always find some willing partner to split a pair of 10C tickets in a better location than their own 10C seats. I just have to laugh at these people . . . pathetic.

I know a 10C member in Florida that works in an IT department and uses his staff to run 6 computers with 3 memberships (himself, mom, and brother) to buy tickets to NYC shows.

There is a segment of 10C members that are kind of slimy.

Funny no one has commented on this yet. Yesterday, at least 30 people posted about using multiple member numbers/computers and/or browsers/windows/tabs/whatever. It's the "I'll do whatever I want" people that slow the system down and cause problems.

Plenty of people didn't have a problem yesterday.

People just need to realize that part of the problem is a segment of 10C members willing to do just about anything get tickets to NYC or Boston shows. I was able to get 10C tickets to both MSG shows in 2008, but I decided not to even try for NYC this time around.