I still don't believe in miracles, BUT...

arqarq Posts: 8,012
edited March 2010 in The Porch
this is my little story:

I was at work today with HUGE deadline, I've been working 12 days straight without a single day off, so around the time to buy the tickets i explained to my bosses that i needed a half an hour off to try to score tickets to the PJ MGS 2 show, so i explained to them what PJ means to me, all the years of being a fan, the people, the good friends...(you know what i mean)... well i was shut down at the sale, the internet connection was lousy the computer didn't help me either, and well you know how the sites behaves when there's a ticket sale... i felt like crap, my bosses tried to joke a little bit and they thought that i was just being dramatic, well i talked to them again and explained again what PJ means to me they realized what I've told them earlier about PJ... Well to make a long story short one of my bosses made a phone call and said "i need to tickets to pearl jam now" and 2 minutes later he said with a smile "i bought you 2 tickets for PJ and take the day off tomorrow"...

Well this was my little kind of miracle... :D
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    arq wrote:
    this is my little story:

I was at work today with HUGE deadline, I've been working 12 days straight without a single day off, so around the time to buy the tickets i explained to my bosses that i needed a half an hour off to try to score tickets to the PJ MGS 2 show, so i explained to them what PJ means to me, all the years of being a fan, the people, the good friends...(you know what i mean)... well i was shut down at the sale, the internet connection was lousy the computer didn't help me either, and well you know how the sites behaves when there's a ticket sale... i felt like crap, my bosses tried to joke a little bit and they thought that i was just being dramatic, well i talked to them again and explained again what PJ means to me they realized what I've told them earlier about PJ... Well to make a long story short one of my bosses made a phone call and said "i need to tickets to pearl jam now" and 2 minutes later he said with a smile "i bought you 2 tickets for PJ and take the day off tomorrow"...

that, my friend...is AWESOME!!! congrats!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • OceanStoneOceanStone Posts: 333
    Good Karma always goes to good people ;)

1) you are very important to your boss.
    2) Your boss is very nice
    3) Can he get more PJ tickets? :mrgreen: kidding

Congrats!!! and enjoy your day off.
  • It never ceases to amaze me that some people can just "make things happen". Good for you Arq, you deserve it.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    I still can't believe it! I don't care if the seats are in the bathroom! :D but the should have pay me before in PJ tickets :P i'm cheap! Plus I still have a lot of work to do so I'm not gong to take the day off tomorrow to use for NY
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    arq wrote:
    I still can't believe it! I don't care if the seats are in the bathroom! :D but the should have pay me before in PJ tickets :P i'm cheap! Plus I still have a lot of work to do so I'm not gong to take the day off tomorrow to use for NY

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That is an awesome story Jose! I am sure you deserve that and much more! Did they offer you a permanent vacation too? :lol::lol::lol: Just kidding....
    That's cool man! So who are your bosses that they can just pull something like that? Do they work for target? ;):lol::lol:
  • arq wrote:
    this is my little story:

Jesus, they need a video guy over there? Good for you.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Sweet story. Nice work!
  • wow...bosses everywhere could learn a thing or two from yours. Enjoy your day off, seems like it is much deserved :)
    "We're heavily Hemingway inspired." -ed
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    arq wrote:
    this is my little story:

i told u alot of times about u.....its Greek way of thinking but ill try to say it English way:
    GOOD THINGS HAPPENS TO GOOD PEOPLE ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • CazzaBGirlCazzaBGirl Posts: 234
    Wow after the crappy day i had at work today i read this...... What an amazing and wonderful thing to do :P Awsome!!!
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    What causa said....but I can't believe one of juan's Florida homies didnt hook'em up before his boss at work...
    In any case, far fucking out...you deserve it, man...Enjoy!
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    nice to read something good in amongst all the negativity flying around here :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Nice work. How did he get you tickets though?
    NERDS!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Wow....
  • What a breath of fresh air! So nice to see something positive and wonderful amongst all the bullshit on the board today.

What a blessing you have received! Congrats! It's days like that that make it worth coming to work! I have had my boss do something awesome PJ related to me in the past, so I know how you feel. . . isn't it awesome?!?!?

Again, congrats!
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    WOW!!! :o :shock: :P :P :P

What a wonderful thing to happen. Congrats to you. Your boss is truly awesome and the best thing is, he must think you are too. Congrats again :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    arq wrote:
    this is my little story:

fucking brilliant Jose....I'm beaming for you :D
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    and how much does Chuck Norris pay you these days... as only Chuck Norris could make a 2 minute call and score tickets... he is the only person alive who has that much power.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    dunkman wrote:
    and how much does Chuck Norris pay you these days... as only Chuck Norris could make a 2 minute call and score tickets... he is the only person alive who has that much power.
    he can do it too.....

bud_spencer_new.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 927
    arq wrote:
    this is my little story:

Great story arq! Congrats!
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Congrats, Jose......you deserve it!
    See you in May! :wave:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Great story!

Just don't take your boss to the show. He/she would keep those tickets for themselves next time around...
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    arq wrote:
    this is my little story:

i told u alot of times about u.....its Greek way of thinking but ill try to say it English way:
    GOOD THINGS HAPPENS TO GOOD PEOPLE ;)

Dimi, i was about to say exact the same words :D Nice to hear this, arq! And THANKS (you know what for ;) )
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Great things happen to great people- you deserve this bro. Can't wait to rock out with ya!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Thanks everydoby! See you all at the pre-party! :)
    Neil deGrasse Tyson