Venting.....

peacefulpeaceful Posts: 3
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Everything about this presale is so wrong. Does anyone remember the good 'ol days when you mailed in your request and were guaranteed one pair of tix to one show per tour? And then there was the option to get one pair per show but again, you mailed in your request and payment and everything was just wonderful. No joke, I spent 6 hours of screaming and cursing at my computer today. Which is worse, my behavior or this fucked up system? I'm not sure but I think it's a tie. I think it wouldn't be so bad if the fan club's website resembled something in this century but it's very clear that it's being operated by an out-of-date system that simply can't handle the traffic. So the fans spend their money to join a club which has pretty much rendered itself worthless.

Just an FYI, DMB's system of fan club ticketing is far superior. If anyone at the fan club would like my password info so they can see how a professional site can work, I'll be glad to give it to you.

All good things come to an end. I guess my 17 years of PJ is now ending. Parting ways as they say. It was a great ride but fuck it if I'm going through this aggravation again.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    coming from bands who have been in the fanclub for 17.01 years....sorry to see ya go

coming from fans who have been in the fanclub for 16.99 years...see ya later
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • CBGirlCBGirl Posts: 4
    Sorry to see you go, but remember...Just Breathe! :D
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Why go hommmmmeeeeee
    Why go hommmeeeeeeeee
    Why!??
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    i remember in 98 when they came to wellington, we queued for tickets in the morning... then toddled off home happily. a month or so before the show i got a letter from 10c (then the VHC) telling me 2 tickets were mine if i needed em. that was nice. i wonder why they don't do that anymore... maybe the fanclub just got too big? in which case - what can you do?
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    I feel for you, been there before and it sucks.

There's got to be another another another another another waaaaaaaaaaay!

:)

This year... attending a show on July 6. Don't have a ticket yet, don't foresee a problem getting it.

But I will have to sit in the sun for a few hours for a shitty spot. Given the clusterfuckasusual this presale was... maybe I'm better off? :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    come on people, you have to realise there are more people wanting these tickets than there are available?

try to be rational - this was a presale...if tenclub could get all the allocation I'm sure they would, but we are dealing here with a band with a massively dedicated fanbase..

I got tickets for night 2 in new york for a friend on my iphone....its all pot luck
  • peacefulpeaceful Posts: 3
    Day 3 and I'm still here! OMG, how pathetic am I? The best I got was behind the stage for night 2.

I ranted back in the fall when I couldn't get Philly and swore, "never again" but who am I fooling? The band, the music and the fans are part of who I am.

I will be holding a sign behind the stage, "Thanks for Nothing, 10C"

And I won't either. After all, the ten club hooked me up with Storytellers. Behind the stage for that one too...but that was my friend Todd's fault. He got there late.

I'm once again peaceful.

Hugs to all.!
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    peaceful wrote:
    Everything about this presale is so wrong. Does anyone remember the good 'ol days when you mailed in your request and were guaranteed one pair of tix to one show per tour? And then there was the option to get one pair per show but again, you mailed in your request and payment and everything was just wonderful. No joke, I spent 6 hours of screaming and cursing at my computer today. Which is worse, my behavior or this fucked up system? I'm not sure but I think it's a tie. I think it wouldn't be so bad if the fan club's website resembled something in this century but it's very clear that it's being operated by an out-of-date system that simply can't handle the traffic. So the fans spend their money to join a club which has pretty much rendered itself worthless.

Just an FYI, DMB's system of fan club ticketing is far superior. If anyone at the fan club would like my password info so they can see how a professional site can work, I'll be glad to give it to you.

All good things come to an end. I guess my 17 years of PJ is now ending. Parting ways as they say. It was a great ride but fuck it if I'm going through this aggravation again.

Travel like the rest of us... Go to the midwest... Otherwise might I suggest you ask your doctor about:

drehozac.jpg
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    hahahaha Hozac :lol:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014