The Ten Club server is not the problem...

2»

Comments

• sfrenchsfrench Posts: 45
    Scaling traffic is tough.

While the 10C runs the fan facing consumer aspect of this band, they aren't awesome internet architecture wizards. My sincere hope is that they can find some great technical people to help them develop a scalable platform that they can use to continue to sell us tickets, cd's, tshirts, and deliver even more awesome things as the internet continues to become an even more important part of how a self-ran music company runs.

Then again... I know how to do this. Maybe I should just be writing this and charging bands for it ;)

As a suggestion, for when they get somebody with some internet chops:

Something like Amazon's EC2 might be a good option for their e-commerce portion of the site so that they can elastically scale it on days like today when they get an order of magnatude more traffic than they get any other day.
  • Lets face it, PJ fans are ridiculously spoiled, and when they don't get what in many's eyes they are entitled too, they throw a hissy fit. (I am not knocking the fans here, just making an observation from SEVERAL years of the pit)

that being said I would be in the dumps if I did not get tickets, and probably feel bitter and resentful too, I think it is human nature to vent when you are disappointed

I still love you all tickets or not
    I am married to hrd2imgn!
  • dreamweaverdreamweaver Posts: 716
    That was crap. I came close to getting tickets way too many times and ended up with nothing. Would rather one and done.
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,949
    on2legs wrote:
    I doubt very much server quality has anything to do with it. From what I can tell the 10c server is located in a very good centre. It is the dupral content management system that is probably struggling with the number of page requests. Once user is logged in, no caching takes place nad so everything needs to run through the database system. I'll bet my balls, that's where the problem lies. The server itself can probably take many thousands of requests a second, it's the software.

I just realized that I know nothing about computers.

:lol::lol::lol:

I figured it was a flux capacitor problem.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • bd10bd10 Posts: 26
    nah, it's all ball bearings these days.
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    I'm in the same boat with hartford tickets :cry: .....thats not going to stop me :x ....I get on a plane tomorrow to Rome for spring break 8-) ....come 4PM Italy time on Friday, I will be at an internet cafe and fighting with ticketmaster :twisted: .....if that doesn't work....whore myself out on craigslist untill I get tickets! :shock:
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • As I stated in another thread- they should have the tickets on the main goods page instead of the featured items of the PJ onsies, and have it add right to cart instead of hitting the buy button and THEN adding to cart. It would cut out 3/4 of the websites people are waiting to load.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com