28yr old dude kissed my 57yr old mother - Ew!

2»

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    g under p wrote:
    Way to go for your Mom, maybe she's just looking for a good time with a young stud. My question if this was your Dad with a 28 year old beauty would you have a problem with that?
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • g under p wrote:

Way to go for your Mom, maybe she's just looking for a good time with a young stud. My question if this was your Dad with a 28 year old beauty would you have a problem with that?

Peace

Actually, my mom wasn't looking at all. She just thought this young guy wanted to visit her. She's working a contract job in a small town. Quite a few people don't have family there, so they befriend eachother. I guess some are looking for the friends with benefits package. ;)

If this makes my mom happy, then I'm happy for her. It's just weird and very unexpected.

BTW - it's not the first time my mom has dated younger. But, the last one I remember was 26 when she was 38. And, my god the guy was as dumb as a box of rocks. Unfortunately, with the thin walls of the house, we knew exactly what mom was getting out of that relationship.

Plus, I have an aunt that consistently dates younger. I've never questioned what's been up with those relationships, but there has never been such a significant age gap.

On my dad - I would call him a pervert. Of course, one of his four marriages was to one of my former babysitters, so I wouldn't be surprised. I remember re-meeting her as an adult after their wedding. We shook hands and I said, "So, I hear you used to want to spank my ass!" :D She was not amused.
    I carried a watermelon
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Actually, my mom wasn't looking at all. She just thought this young guy wanted to visit her. She's working a contract job in a small town. Quite a few people don't have family there, so they befriend eachother. I guess some are looking for the friends with benefits package. ;)

If this makes my mom happy, then I'm happy for her. It's just weird and very unexpected.

BTW - it's not the first time my mom has dated younger. But, the last one I remember was 26 when she was 38. And, my god the guy was as dumb as a box of rocks. Unfortunately, with the thin walls of the house, we knew exactly what mom was getting out of that relationship.

Plus, I have an aunt that consistently dates younger. I've never questioned what's been up with those relationships, but there has never been such a significant age gap.

On my dad - I would call him a pervert. Of course, one of his four marriages was to one of my former babysitters, so I wouldn't be surprised. I remember re-meeting her as an adult after their wedding. We shook hands and I said, "So, I hear you used to want to spank my ass!" :D She was not amused.

That was a classic and great greeting. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    g under p wrote:

see, i said as much earlier....male or female, i think a 30 year age difference is a bit much. when catherine zeta-jones and michael douglas hooked up, i said, eeeewwwwwww. :lol: idk where the *line* is, but i do think there is one. now i CAN see being attracted to someone 30 years younger than me, but 30 years older? can't imagine it. i believe there was a sex and the city episode when samantha went with an old coot, haha. bottomline tho, who am i to say? if people are happy, good for them! i just also can't imagine how much 2 people with such a large age gap can truly have in common and enjoy within each other/relate, but again, wtf do i know? :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• g under p wrote:

see, i said as much earlier....male or female, i think a 30 year age difference is a bit much. when catherine zeta-jones and michael douglas hooked up, i said, eeeewwwwwww. :lol: idk where the *line* is, but i do think there is one. now i CAN see being attracted to someone 30 years younger than me, but 30 years older? can't imagine it. i believe there was a sex and the city episode when samantha went with an old coot, haha. bottomline tho, who am i to say? if people are happy, good for them! i just also can't imagine how much 2 people with such a large age gap can truly have in common and enjoy within each other/relate, but again, wtf do i know? :lol:

you're right there does become a point when it's just gross. like when anna nicole smith was married to that old fuck in the wheelchair. just icky. but the double standard does exist. so much more acceptable in terms of society for older men to be with younger women. i dont make the rules but i like playing by them. :D
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all

you're right there does become a point when it's just gross. like when anna nicole smith was married to that old fuck in the wheelchair. just icky. but the double standard does exist. so much more acceptable in terms of society for older men to be with younger women. i dont make the rules but i like playing by them. :D

yes, tis true....tho that is changing.
    never thought i'd give demi moore "credit" for anything....but her may-december romance, and now marriage, to ashton kutchner, well....evens the playing field somewhat. of course, they are BOTH beautiful people. also, we all know, $$$ plays a role oftentimes as well.

and sure, immaturity has it's perks....you just don't know any better and think that 'older' guy is more than he is....;)

i kid, i kid!

but hey, one "joke" deserves another. :D
    being a younger woman doesn't make one "better".....anymore than age makes one mature, etc. it just means, younger. i actually personally know of more relationships where the woman is significantly older - say 8 years or more - than the reverse. sure, the average couple i know they are around the same age, give or take 2-3, with most of the men being older, but really...what's 2 or 3 years? not much.

btw - i also think 90% of these relationships are not long-term, or marriage......just flings. and hey, that's a-ok too, of that's what one wants. :) but sure, you see this most often when one is 20, maybe 30. closer age differences, perhaps push it to 45-50. the 30 year old with the 50 year old. but yea....it thins out a lot more the older one gets, male or female. b/c let's be real, there aren't many 30 year olds who want to be with 60 year olds.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    57 is the new 28.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    wtf... I can't even snag a 28 yr old and I'm 29! :?

Because in your profile it says:

"Occupation:Assassin"

:o
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
    t0mMye wrote:
    57 is the new 28.

idk why...but that seriously made me laugh!
    :lol:

something to look forward to then, eh?
    ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    t0mMye wrote:
    57 is the new 28.

;)

Oh Fanfriggintastic....so I have to wait another 26 years before I can get any??? :o Geez you get less for murder! :lol:
    t0mMye wrote:
    57 is the new 28.

;)

Oh Fanfriggintastic....so I have to wait another 26 years before I can get any??? :o Geez you get less for murder! :lol:

well hey now!
    i certainly wasn't suggesting getting nada in-between. hell, i ain't in my 50s yet.....and i am happily married. :D just thought, it'd be cool to know you still *got it* at 57 too. :mrgreen: i'm doin' my best to achieve that. haha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I think the problem with it is that it won't last. Two people at completely different stages in their lives. I would say your mum is desperately trying to cling on to her youth, and he clearly has some mothering issues.
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    t0mMye wrote:
    wtf... I can't even snag a 28 yr old and I'm 29! :?

Because in your profile it says:

"Occupation:Assassin"

:o
    watch your back ;)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
    I think the problem with it is that it won't last. Two people at completely different stages in their lives. I would say your mum is desperately trying to cling on to her youth, and he clearly has some mothering issues.
    :roll:
    Thanks for that analysis, Dr. Freud.
    Maybe they don't care if it lasts. Maybe they just want to have fun together.

Now I'm off to desperately cling to my youth.
    The Princess
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Useless w/o???

I can't believe how utterly devoid of yo mama jokes this thread is. What is WRONG with you people?
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Yo Mamma is so ugly, Rice Krispies won't talk to her.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    He went to visit her the other night and freakin' kissed her as he was leaving!!! :shock:
    And, my mom is talking like she's going to give it a go. Now, I'm really confused about what men look for in women and the world of dating in general. :?

I can kind of understand age differences in couples of up to about 15yrs, but whatever happened to dating your peers???

I think i know this guy dude... he is a total motherfucker!!

hmmmm.. upon reflection that was perhaps a poor word to use to describe him ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    dunkman wrote:
    He went to visit her the other night and freakin' kissed her as he was leaving!!! :shock:
    And, my mom is talking like she's going to give it a go. Now, I'm really confused about what men look for in women and the world of dating in general. :?

I can kind of understand age differences in couples of up to about 15yrs, but whatever happened to dating your peers???

I think i know this guy dude... he is a total motherfucker!!

hmmmm.. upon reflection that was perhaps a poor word to use to describe him ;)

WHO wants to date thier peers? Womens labido and mens labidos kick in at different times. Men are hot and horny from 26, women are hot from 36.....thats only ten years difference I know, but life gets busy, and before you know it, your 38 and he's 28 and can't get a root....hence, a sexy Babe no matter what age will turn him on. ;) ....us women have it easier, yea? :ugeek:
  • StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    Useless w/o???

I can't believe how utterly devoid of yo mama jokes this thread is. What is WRONG with you people?

We grew up :lol:
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"

The Princess

It's pretty basic psychology. I'm just being realistic. You don't think it would be a pretty huge ego boost for a woman of 57 to have a 28 year old guy chasing after her?

The Princess

It's pretty basic psychology. I'm just being realistic. You don't think it would be a pretty huge ego boost for a woman of 57 to have a 28 year old guy chasing after her?
    As a woman of 55, hell yes it would be an ego boost if a guy half my age showed an interest in me.
    I don't anticipate it happening, especially since I'm married, but that doesn't mean there would be something pathological about it.

At this point in my life I've seen so many atypical couples with happy relationships and people who seemed like the perfect match utterly miserable together that I just think people should go with what works for them. Even if it wouldn't work for me.

For the OP, maybe when he's his mom's age he won't consider something like that so EWW.

And sorry, facepollution, but to you I still say: :roll:

Well that's fine, I do on reflection admit that my comments may have been a bit blunt and insensitive, and if I offended you I apologise.

However blunt they may be though, they are not baseless. I don't know if you just don't buy any psychological theory in general (and if that's the case, that's an argument for another day!), but I believe there is a reason for everything we do - often these behaviours and feelings are purely based in the subconscious, but there will always be a reason at the root of all behaviour. More to the point, I think our relationships with our parents are the basis for the formation for our personalities and the ways we interpret life in general. That's not necessarily a Freudian belief, since most psychologists agree on the powerful impact of childhood experience - which is heavily influenced by the parents (or primary care givers).

You have to ask yourself why a guy would be attracted to a woman who is more than likely the same age as his own mother. It's hard to say what is and isn't an appropriate age gap, and as you quite rightly pointed out plenty of atypical couples do work despite the odds. But I can't help but think that the particular age gap in this instance is significant. I think a pertinent question would be why isn't this guy looking for women around his own age? I don't think it's unfair to question that. To my mind it would be no different to questioning the reasoning behind say a 47 year old man going out with a 18 year old girl. I'm not necessarily saying that the attraction is perverse, so much as the younger person is looking for a partner who can provide in much the same way as a parent would. That would imply that they haven't developed a sense of independence, that's what I meant by 'mothering issues'.
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    My world is feeling all topsy turvy. First my new 57yr old roommate shows me his boob shots of barely legal dates/acquaintances, now my mom is telling me about some kid kissing her.

This thing with my mom is a trip. She says he's a nice looking kid who has a good job. He went to visit her the other night and freakin' kissed her as he was leaving!!! :shock:

he could end up being your new stepdaddy. :lol::lol:

HOWLING!!!!!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!

Well that's fine, I do on reflection admit that my comments may have been a bit blunt and insensitive, and if I offended you I apologise.

However blunt they may be though, they are not baseless. I don't know if you just don't buy any psychological theory in general (and if that's the case, that's an argument for another day!), but I believe there is a reason for everything we do - often these behaviours and feelings are purely based in the subconscious, but there will always be a reason at the root of all behaviour. More to the point, I think our relationships with our parents are the basis for the formation for our personalities and the ways we interpret life in general. That's not necessarily a Freudian belief, since most psychologists agree on the powerful impact of childhood experience - which is heavily influenced by the parents (or primary care givers).

You have to ask yourself why a guy would be attracted to a woman who is more than likely the same age as his own mother. It's hard to say what is and isn't an appropriate age gap, and as you quite rightly pointed out plenty of atypical couples do work despite the odds. But I can't help but think that the particular age gap in this instance is significant. I think a pertinent question would be why isn't this guy looking for women around his own age? I don't think it's unfair to question that. To my mind it would be no different to questioning the reasoning behind say a 47 year old man going out with a 18 year old girl. I'm not necessarily saying that the attraction is perverse, so much as the younger person is looking for a partner who can provide in much the same way as a parent would. That would imply that they haven't developed a sense of independence, that's what I meant by 'mothering issues'.
    I wasn't offended. I just thought maybe you were overthinking it a bit.
    And I'm not opposed to looking at psychological theory. I worked in mental health for 5 years.

My initial response to this relationship is WTF. But as I said, I've learned there seems to be an awful lot of leeway in what makes relationships work. I've also learned that physical attraction isn't everything, although I have friends my age who would probably be considered hot.

My first thought is does he know her actual age? Sure, he can tell she's older but she may look younger than she is. He may also happen to like older women. It doesn't mean he has a thing for his mom. Older women may seem more exciting and daring than women his age. From her point of view, there aren't as many available men her age and a younger guy is probably going to be more virile. So again, if it works for them it's OK by me.

In this culture we don't seem to bat an eye when men 40-60 marry women young enough to be their daughters. I find that more bizarre than this situation but it happens all the time.

Sorry if I gave you the impression I was insulted. I probably came on a little strong. I am a little turned off by some of the posts in this thread that focus on the "Ew" factor. As I said in another post, people over 50 have sex lives, sometimes even very satisfying ones. ;)
    In this culture we don't seem to bat an eye when men 40-60 marry women young enough to be their daughters. I find that more bizarre than this situation but it happens all the time.

Sorry if I gave you the impression I was insulted. I probably came on a little strong. I am a little turned off by some of the posts in this thread that focus on the "Ew" factor. As I said in another post, people over 50 have sex lives, sometimes even very satisfying ones. ;)

Yeah I find the older guy marrying much younger women thing just as unhealthy to be honest. There are some negative aspects to relationships like this too. For example my mum's friend who's about 45 has just lost her husband who was about 25 years older than her, it's kind of a sad reality that god-willing no accident cuts life short, mother nature will do it eventually anyway. I don't suppose it's such an issue when you're looking at 10-15 years, but I think 30 is pushing it.

Like I said before, my mum and I are exactly the same ages as the OP is talking about, and with that in mind it kind of freaks me out, I just couldn't imagine ever wanting to be with someone of that age. That's not to say older women can't be seen as attractive, I was stunned to find out after watching the Oscars that Kathryn Bigelow was 58, she looks incredible.