28yr old dude kissed my 57yr old mother - Ew!

adropintheparkadropinthepark Posts: 475
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
My world is feeling all topsy turvy. First my new 57yr old roommate shows me his boob shots of barely legal dates/acquaintances, now my mom is telling me about some kid kissing her.

This thing with my mom is a trip. She says he's a nice looking kid who has a good job. He went to visit her the other night and freakin' kissed her as he was leaving!!! :shock:
And, my mom is talking like she's going to give it a go. Now, I'm really confused about what men look for in women and the world of dating in general. :?

I can kind of understand age differences in couples of up to about 15yrs, but whatever happened to dating your peers???
I carried a watermelon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Good luck to your mum. :P

...what about a 20 yrld dude kissing a 39 yrld woman? 8-)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    this is why i don't post on all encompassing trip.
  • Jo wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oedipus ;)

Honestly, people get a lot of different things out of relationships, I get that. Whatever works.
    I just hope this guy isn't trying to get permanent residency out of my mother. See, I can't help but think there's more to it than he simply likes her when there's that kind of age difference.
    I carried a watermelon
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    KO282453 wrote:
    this is why i don't post on all encompassing trip.

holy fuck...i am laughing out loud right now!
    :lol:

eh well...i hereya a drop, i do. age differences are a-ok, but there comes a point... :?
    however, go mom!
    :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    No clue on your mom's situation, but my mom was a single parent, and she hasn't been in a relationship since I have been alive (almost 30 years). If she found someone or "something", I'd be pretty damn happy for her.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    Last I checked it was perfectly legal for a 28 year old to kiss a 57 year old. Good on your mom for actually going for it and taking care of her needs.
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    My world is feeling all topsy turvy. First my new 57yr old roommate shows me his boob shots of barely legal dates/acquaintances, now my mom is telling me about some kid kissing her.

This thing with my mom is a trip. She says he's a nice looking kid who has a good job. He went to visit her the other night and freakin' kissed her as he was leaving!!! :shock:
    And, my mom is talking like she's going to give it a go. Now, I'm really confused about what men look for in women and the world of dating in general. :?

I can kind of understand age differences in couples of up to about 15yrs, but whatever happened to dating your peers???

he could end up being your new stepdaddy. :lol::lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Way to go Mom!!!!

**wonders if a 28yr old will snog me when I'm 57**
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Jo wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oedipus ;)

Honestly, people get a lot of different things out of relationships, I get that. Whatever works.
    I just hope this guy isn't trying to get permanent residency out of my mother. See, I can't help but think there's more to it than he simply likes her when there's that kind of age difference.
    Greeks always show u the rest of the world the way to go... :lol:8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    redrock wrote:
    Way to go Mom!!!!

**wonders if a 28yr old will snog me when I'm 57**

lol... :lol:
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Gawd even people old enough to my parents are getting more than me with people younger than me! :cry::cry:

Sure you might feel uncomfortable, but if it was my mum/dad....yeah I'd probably feel a tad the same way you do.BUT,,,,if she is happy then just be happy for her and be there to support her. Hell I would be feeling pretty special if I was 57 and scored a 28yo guy....HIGH FIVE MUM!! May she inspire women around the world! LOL :D
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Geez. if I'm 57 and (not married) and a 28 year lady old kissed me, I'd be so pumped. I probably would cancel my prescription for those little blue pills. Wouldn't need em
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • FirstExitFirstExit Posts: 973
    You're wrong dude, I'm 18, not 28. People commonly say I look older for my age though.
    FirstExit wrote:
    You're wrong dude, I'm 18, not 28. People commonly say I look older for my age though.

bwahahaha you wish. :P :lol::lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    cougar on the prowl!
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    wtf... I can't even snag a 28 yr old and I'm 29! :?

if they like each other who are we to judge? I probably would be weirded out but wouldn't think they shouldn't be together.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    This thread is useless without pictures
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Is your Mom hot ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    wtf... I can't even snag a 28 yr old and I'm 29! :?

if they like each other who are we to judge? I probably would be weirded out but wouldn't think they shouldn't be together.

maybe a 57 y/o man then ?

:);) :twisted:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Jo wrote:

That's what I would call JACKPOT!
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    This thread is useless without pictures

come on youve got an imagination im sure... use it. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Youngsters . . . . they think sex is only for them. :lolno: ;)

To the OP, I'm just a coupla years shy of your mom's age and believe me, us oldsters like to get it on too. I've been married (all my life) but I see nothing strange about what might be going on with your mom and the "younger" man. I understand from some of my single friends that there are young guys who like the experience and self-confidence of older women. If your mom is happy with it, be happy for her. :thumbup:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Youngsters . . . . they think sex is only for them. :lolno: ;)

To the OP, I'm just a coupla years shy of your mom's age and believe me, us oldsters like to get it on too. I've been married (all my life) but I see nothing strange about what might be going on with your mom and the "younger" man. I understand from some of my single friends that there are young guys who like the experience and self-confidence of older women. If your mom is happy with it, be happy for her. :thumbup:

sure....you're just now thinking, hmmmmm......28 year old!
    :mrgreen:

haha.
    seriously, we all get it, but yea...it IS a big age difference. i say the same for ANY large age difference, no matter who is older. tho you bet, i agree....go mom! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

This thread is rapidly turning into MILF Hunter :lol:

Although in the interests of full disclosure, I've been in relationships where the age gap was pretty extreme - one in particular happened when I was 43... she was 19. :oops:
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
    Starfall wrote:

Although in the interests of full disclosure, I've been in relationships where the age gap was pretty extreme - one in particular happened when I was 43... she was 19. :oops:

:shock:
    whoa!

go you!

seriously, my parents had a 15 year age difference. mom was 19, dad 34 when they married.
    the really freaky part is his daughter from his first marriage was 14 at the time he married my mom. :o
    however, it's funny really.......their difference in ages really made NO difference for them as a couple, at all. mom did leave after 36 years of marriage, but again, nothing to do with age.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Starfall wrote:

i'm not 43 yet (getting there), but i've been seeing someone around that age.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
    Starfall wrote:

:shock:
    whoa!
    go you!
    seriously, my parents had a 15 year age difference. mom was 19, dad 34 when they married.
    the really freaky part is his daughter from his first marriage was 14 at the time he married my mom. :o
    however, it's funny really.......their difference in ages really made NO difference for them as a couple, at all. mom did leave after 36 years of marriage, but again, nothing to do with age.

LOL, I don't particularly look at it as any sort of accomplishment, just the way it went down. Pardon the pun. :lol: She was way smarter and more mature than most people in her age group.

My parents have an 8 year gap between them, so it's never been an issue for me. And my ex wife was 5 years older than me. And nowadays I have my heart set on a gal in her early 30s (I turn 46 in April). *crosses fingers*
    i'm not 43 yet (getting there), but i've been seeing someone around that age.

Awesome. :D
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I'm sorry but there is all kinds of Oedipal shit going on there. My mates' mums are around that age, as is my own mother for that matter, and I'm 28, there is just no way that kind of age gap is normal. I'm sure in the short term these things can work out, but when he's just turning 40 and your mum is pushing 70.........wrong diddly wrong!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184

Way to go for your Mom, maybe she's just looking for a good time with a young stud. My question if this was your Dad with a 28 year old beauty would you have a problem with that?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• __ Posts: 6,651
    A 15 year age difference is something I can understand. I have a much harder time understanding a 30 year age difference. My rule is to not date anyone who's too young to get into a bar or older than my parents.