Presale Complaints (sick of it)

WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 558
edited March 2010 in The Porch
i see sooo many negative posts on the board. it is troubling me because it is outweighing the positive. Pearl Jam is on tour! there is no perfect way for the ten club to get tix out. If PJ has a limited number, they put them up and its basically a free for all. Look at what other bands do, pearl jam has and always will go above and beyond for us fans. good luck with ticketmaster btw. I can not stand people killing the ten club. or telling the band to do this or that. can we just enjoy the fact they are coming to town and talk about that? The ten club is one of the best fan club's there is, and everyone is just spitting on it. Also, I have never gotten rejected on a presale (12/12)... trying getting a nice iMac people!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    couldn't get through for show #2, but accept that it is what is is. There's always ticketmaster... anyway, there are tons of people on trying to get a limited # of tickets. I'm just happy they have a presale and 10c members have the best seating. Even with my high #, there's always the lottery. I like the 10c. ;)
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 558
    anyone want to back me up?
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Can I be the first one to comment re: bitching about bitching? :lol:

Get used to it man, it's always like this on presale day....just come back next week and we'll be talking about Ed's hair, angry Ed vs. Daddy Ed etc etc again.....
  • mcgavinjmcgavinj Posts: 311
    I'm backing you up. I'm tired of the negativity on all fronts. So many people think the band owes them something. Good lord.
  • i am going to complain to 10 Club that tickets to Buffalo don't go on sale until tomorrow. That doesn't work for me.
    i guess this is why i dont go on the board.... i happened to check today to hopefully see some happy people... and i see post after post of negative nellies. if you wanna get into a show you can. I have seen many a pearl jam show, if theres a will theres a way. BTW we should be thanking ten club. They do a great job
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    468235091_f00bf390f5.jpg
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• StrykerStryker Posts: 585
    WW187806 wrote:
    anyone want to back me up?

Not really, no.
  • I find the pollyannas more annoying. Yes, everyone likes PJ here. It doesn't mean these guys..and their fan club organization walk on water. It is a fact that the ticket situation went poorly today. I think people have the right to be annoyed. I don't see why people like the OP here think they have to do that "voice of reason" shit every time something bad happens on the board. People have been doing that for years here...the whole, "hey, be happy....Eddie took a steaming shit. It is a gift to us all".
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    lol @ metsy....
    The most annoying part of all of this is that everyone feels they should make their own thread....you don't even need the search function, people...there are a million similar threads on the first fucking page!
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    i dunno what all the complaining is about!!!

we west coasters arent even getting any shows :cry:
    ....now thats something to complain about.....
  • glbglb Posts: 356
    WW187806 wrote:
    i see sooo many negative posts on the board. it is troubling me because it is outweighing the positive. Pearl Jam is on tour! there is no perfect way for the ten club to get tix out. If PJ has a limited number, they put them up and its basically a free for all. Look at what other bands do, pearl jam has and always will go above and beyond for us fans. good luck with ticketmaster btw. I can not stand people killing the ten club. or telling the band to do this or that. can we just enjoy the fact they are coming to town and talk about that? The ten club is one of the best fan club's there is, and everyone is just spitting on it. Also, I have never gotten rejected on a presale (12/12)... trying getting a nice iMac people!

at first I thought you were spreading your wonderful breadth of knowledge to all those not enlightened enough to see it like you do, but then I realized you are just an Apple representative trying to sell iMacs.
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • I find the pollyannas more annoying. Yes, everyone likes PJ here. It doesn't mean these guys..and their fan club organization walk on water. It is a fact that the ticket situation went poorly today. I think people have the right to be annoyed. I don't see why people like the OP here think they have to do that "voice of reason" shit every time something bad happens on the board. People have been doing that for years here...the whole, "hey, be happy....Eddie took a steaming shit. It is a gift to us all".

+1

ETA: got Boston, shut out of MSG I, got MSG II
    and I can still say it's been one of the more frustrating ticket buying days in history!
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
    lol, im not an apple rep... just trying to give a tip to some.... also, i am not being holier than thou, i just think its pathetic that everyone is complaining. we dont even have to get this opportunity for tickets... and no im not reporting on ed taking a steaming shit. i never post, i decided to check out the board today, i am finding most people on here are miserable. i will continue on with my tickets, and enjoy the band and the shows. go listen to creed retards.
  • OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    edited March 2010
    Hail, Hail. I back this up. I'm still really fucking pissed about the MSG clusterfuck. Fucking ridiculous
    Post edited by OffHeGoes132 on
  • edited March 2010
    WW187806 wrote:

Pearl Jam being on tour doesn't give me positive thoughts if I can't get tickets after hours of trying.

Why enjoy the fact of them coming to town if you can't be a part of it?

I think there's waaaaaaay too many threads complaining about the ticket system, but I feel pretty much all the complaints are justified.
    Post edited by why now u dont bitching on
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • WW187806 wrote:
    go listen to creed retards.

Yes, call the board "retards". What happened to your rainbows and lollipops spirit?

;)
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
    dude. you didnt need to spend hours. i dont know if this is your first time... but if you dont get tix within an hour of the onsale... your out of luck... second of all. Start reaching out to your fellow tenclubbers for possible extra tix. Also, ticketmaster is coming up, and after that theres always ebay? You'll get in man, just work at it. hey if i wanna use the word retards, freedom of speech. I had a tough time with presale too. it is hard to get tix no doubt, but dont cry about it!
    WW187806 wrote:
    lol, im not an apple rep... go listen to creed retards.

To hell with Apple! I built my own computer and it got me tickets just fine! :clap: this is me congratulating myself for being as smart as Apple. ;)
    WW187806 wrote:
    dude. you didnt need to spend hours. i dont know if this is your first time... but if you dont get tix within an hour of the onsale... your out of luck... second of all. Start reaching out to your fellow tenclubbers for possible extra tix. Also, ticketmaster is coming up, and after that theres always ebay? You'll get in man, just work at it. hey if i wanna use the word retards, freedom of speech. I had a tough time with presale too. it is hard to get tix no doubt, but dont cry about it!

I'm going to let some one else tackle all of the hypcorite statements in there, I'm too busy being pumped about being as smart as Apple! :wave:
    edited March 2010
    you know what... ill give you the golf clap, on building your own computer and scoring tix with it.... that is special... these are the things we should be talking about, not complaining... you da man

what hippocrite statements? are you serious?
  • Well, I, for one, haven't been crying about it. This isn't the first time I've been shut out. I know I'll get in to MSGI, just as I got in to MSGII in 2008 when I was shut out. Just as I've gotten into any other show I've been shut out of and wanted to go to.

I got Boston and MSG II today, but it was still a frustrating experience.

And as for you declaring that if tix aren't had in the first hour that "your" out of luck: wrong. There were still tickets after 7pm for MSGI - 4 hours after they went on sale.

* shrug *
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    if i had a spare to offload, it would not go to a complainer.... keep that in mind :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    ill say this... if im grilling in the lot after the show, and i have one burger left. And the "fan" is starving, and i somehow identify him as a complainer... he/she will get the roll only... im not gonna let someone starve, but they aint gettin my meat!
  • what an original post
  • WW187806 wrote:
    ill say this... if im grilling in the lot after the show, and i have one burger left. And the "fan" is starving, and i somehow identify him as a complainer... he/she will get the roll only... im not gonna let someone starve, but they aint gettin my meat!

So you are a douche AND you aren't funny. You must get tons of poon.
    edited March 2010
    who asked you? i am funny and not a douche. thanks for your input though stranger!

how cool are you with sociopearjam as your name btw..... your such a deep thinker!!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    WW187806 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

i would give them the sauce, and not even a roll!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    well played vedder soup... well played
    WW187806 wrote:

eh, you probably make veggie burgers. Oh and I bet when you serve it to some one you put a little personalized note on the bun with a little tidbit of advice. Oh, and do you use a toothpick with a little american flag on it to hold the note to the bun?

:lol: I don't think I want one of those burgers! Damn Apple reps always promoting something, I sware.