we all need to email the tenclub and tell them....

ST4348ST4348 Posts: 5
edited March 2010 in The Porch
everyone needs to email the tenclub and tell them that this flawed pre=sale ticket system will not stand anymore.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Agreed. I can live with shows selling out, but this bullshit today was amazing. What decade is this? It seems, too, the whole ticket and concert industry is like this. Went through tons of shit getting Pavement tix for the summer.

Anyway---this was laughable today. Site crashing left and right. I end up with tickets for one show after the temporarily out of stock message...lose tickets for another show that were in my cart. This is a joke.

Plus---the tickets are getting too expensive too.

Love you guys and all...but it's true. $85 a pop now? 4 years ago it was $57.
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    its not flawed. Simple economics buddy. Supply and demand! Ticketmaster only allows pj to sell 10% of the tickets to its fan club members. You got a problem? Then take it up with Ticketmaster.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    its not flawed. Simple economics buddy. Supply and demand! Ticketmaster only allows pj to sell 10% of the tickets to its fan club members. You got a problem? Then take it up with Ticketmaster.

the website problems have nothing to do with the number of tickets
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City

the website problems have nothing to do with the number of tickets
    your right! It has to do with the large number of people trying for the small amount of tickets available all at once! Again, ECONOMICS!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • First off---ticketmaster and eat one. No way the band has to only do 10%.

Second---it isn't the sell out...it is the chaotic system with crashing sites, etc...I know the band was most popular in 1995, but their website doesn't need to function in that era.
  • its not flawed. Simple economics buddy. Supply and demand! Ticketmaster only allows pj to sell 10% of the tickets to its fan club members. You got a problem? Then take it up with Ticketmaster.

i agree with the last post has nothing to do with the server, how bout ten club buying a 2nd server??????????? wouldnt that make this site go faster and we dont have all the error problems????

maybe pearl jam can try to play some university venues that are not ticketmaster, and try to make them all ten club shows or something like that, just an idea. not all venues are ticketmaster, many are though. the ones that arent are university venues for example thomas and mack las vegas holds 19k is not a ticketmaster venue, there is some of these decent venues around the country
  • if i cant get night 2, i will trade a night 1 fan club for a night 2 one. my number is 196xxx. i want to find someone near my number if possible, not someone who got 400xxxx lol.
  • choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    what other solution do you prefer?

phish uses a lottery system that is a joke.

others use presale passwords which get out to everyone and their brother.

there really is no good way to change the system.

it sucks. i wasted almost 3 hours online today, the nicest day of the year so far, and i hate this bullshit as much as the next guy, but no one ever proposes a better system when they complain....
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • like now...I continue to get the option to buy tickets for this NYC 2 show...but when I do, it says it is restricted and I can't buy because I already got some...though I didn't.
    No way the band has to only do 10%.
    Way!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • GirlInRedGirlInRed Posts: 166
    edited March 2010
    the system is definitely flawed. i've been getting 10c tix for years but now i got shut out once again
    ( last 2 tours as well) either get a new server or go back to snail mail...that always got me tix..
    connection has timed out....try again
    5 hours of my life wasted
    Post edited by GirlInRed on
    there once was a note...LISTEN !
  • to me, it's not the system, but rather the quality of the technology. I refuse to believe that better servers and programs queuing customers don't exist. My phone can find anything in the world I want...but when it comes to buying shit online, everything turns into Lord of the Flies.
  • stranger34stranger34 Posts: 235
    Been 10c since 2001. This is the worst ever.

I'm getting tired of this

Ed can't sing anymore, the album was crapspacer, the ticket prices are way too expensive, and now this debacle. Feels like it's time to move on.
  • stranger34stranger34 Posts: 235
    to me, it's not the system, but rather the quality of the technology. I refuse to believe that better servers and programs queuing customers don't exist. My phone can find anything in the world I want...but when it comes to buying shit online, everything turns into Lord of the Flies.

nah why upgrade the server when skellie vedder needs to make home improvements like a indoor fire pole. cause eddie vedder is such a relatable guy these days.

this band has fallen so so far
  • Elderly ManElderly Man Posts: 235
    i don't care if it sells out but i shouldn't have to sit in front of a computer for 5 hours
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06
    Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • like now...I continue to get the option to buy tickets for this NYC 2 show...but when I do, it says it is restricted and I can't buy because I already got some...though I didn't.

check your order history...you may have them and not even know it. that happened to me for msg 1. didnt get an email but 10c says i'm ok. and they replied with super quickness. was pleasantly surprised by that.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • ST4348 wrote:
    everyone needs to email the tenclub and tell them that this flawed pre=sale ticket system will not stand anymore.

this aggression will not stand, man.
  • Holy Shit! I do have them. Wow! The system is still shit.
  • Holy Shit! I do have them. Wow! The system is still shit.

haha! and you're welcome. :P
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Oh yeah...thanks!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,678
    the same number of people are going to get shut out no matter how they do it. And those people would be equally as unhappy.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    stranger34 wrote:
    Been 10c since 2001. This is the worst ever.

I'm getting tired of this

Ed can't sing anymore, the album was crapspacer, the ticket prices are way too expensive, and now this debacle. Feels like it's time to move on.

actions speak louder then words!
  • i think we should all be very quiet and not say anything about it.
  • WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 558
    what about a bunch of crybabies! im not sure how old you all are, but seriously. one guy calling backspacer crapspacer? And saying ed can't sing anymore... for real? did you see saturday night live? there is no way for pearl jam to sell tickets without a problem. at least they try to help us out. and it is all about luck. you just gotta be patient and get lucky. i did ok with tickets today. not great, but ok. And honestly, if anyone else has negative comments about the presale, or the band.... go listen to creed!
  • ST4348 wrote:

THANKS!!!
  • I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue...
    Why go home?
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    So they need a server upgrade huh?

Tell me what they are running and what they should upgrade to?
  • WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 558
    we gotta get these crybabies off the board
  • ST4348ST4348 Posts: 5
    people who call others crybabies have no lives.
  • i agree with the last post has nothing to do with the server, how bout ten club buying a 2nd server???????????

That's why tix are more, they're saving up to get one!! :lol:

Ohh nevermind that's just inflation cost of fuel ect....
    Makes much more sense.................
    To Live......................
    In the present tense.