Remeber the Good ole days?

Kevin WilsonKevin Wilson Posts: 333
edited March 2010 in The Porch
When you could only get one set of ten club tickets per tour? There wasn't all this complaining you almost always had choice seats. I think all of this aggravation started after the 2006 tour. That was the last tour that was a sizable tour. Now they seem to do these little jaunts every year like 10-12 shows. Therefore since everyone doesn't get their PJ fix it makes getting tickets a little harder. So what do you think? If they are going to do small tours maybe they should go back to the one set per tour days?? Just a thought.
Funny thing is, is I had no problem getting tix for Chicago both nights last year and for DC the year before. I dunno... Any thoughts?
Makes much more sense.................
To Live......................
In the present tense.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    my first tour was 2003. right within 2003, they oversold MSG II. i 'had' tickets, but they were asking people to give em up in exchange for 10c tix to holmdel (that didn't get 10c tix initially except for this swap) rather than have to issue refunds.

so yea, my point?
    this problems have existed as long as i've been seeing pj live. 2003 did the ole postcard/money order thing, and it still ended up not 'working'....add in now fan club ticket limits, and it's just bound to happen....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Tired for Boston - failed, tried for NY # 1, was able to click "BUY", then "CHECKOUT", then site froze before I could enter card info.....frustrasting....there's gotta be a better way...
  • I've never had any probs with any method yet. Even back when we snail mailed.
    In the present tense.
  • ...and a long time ago they sent you these big blue concert tickets and you have to follow directions to a "T" in order to get your tickets sent to you in the mail.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    I hated mailing in stuff praying they'd get it, and I would get mail back with tickets, though pre-internet days were a hell of a lot less stressful. Now it is a friggin feeding frenzy. At least you can get info in a timely fashion and not rely on ten club mailings.

I remember first come first serve on seats and when you are dealing with US mail that put a lot of people in a great disadvantage.

nothing's perfect, but it is just a pre-sale, there is always the even better ticketmaster

LONG LIVE ETM
  • ...and a long time ago they sent you these big blue concert tickets and you have to follow directions to a "T" in order to get your tickets sent to you in the mail.

Yeah That was crazy!! I had one of those for Knoxville on the yield tour!!!

Man those are good memories!!!
    In the present tense.
  • anybody else?? It's a better topic than all the others :lol:
    In the present tense.
  • DS242078DS242078 Posts: 15
    It funny to say- i was in the fan club before the internet was invented. Unfortunatly i let a 7 year gap in my membership
  • ziggy21ziggy21 Posts: 23
    Oh good times indeed! I joined in late '93 or '94 and remember having to get a money order to purchase your tickets. God I feel old! :lol:
  • joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    I think back to what i had to go through to get tix for randalls island on the no code tour (my pre 10 c), like calling a number and then picking them up at yankee stadium and this current method almost doesn't seem as bad. But it is, and I have to think, there has got to be a better way. For the love of christ, there has got to be a better way !
  • stranger34stranger34 Posts: 235
    remember when the ticket prices weren't crazy too
  • joebot wrote:
    I think back to what i had to go through to get tix for randalls island on the no code tour (my pre 10 c), like calling a number and then picking them up at yankee stadium and this current method almost doesn't seem as bad. But it is, and I have to think, there has got to be a better way. For the love of christ, there has got to be a better way !

Yeah I went to the Toledo show and the lines crashed had to hurry and call back it was effing crazy!! I met Mike in 2006 and he was looking at my shirt and was all like yeah No Code tour what a nightmare and I said yeah you should've been trying to get tickets!! Greatest moment of my life I might add!!! :mrgreen:
    In the present tense.
  • reason number 50 why i like festival shows! no worries about tickets!
  • teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    One show per tour really does need to make a comeback. Then after the people who prioritized the show have bought their allotment, allow a free for all on the remaining tickets. Sure it's not a perfect system either but it would solve alot of problems, especially with such small tours.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    index cards!!!!! :!:
  • One show per tour really does need to make a comeback. Then after the people who prioritized the show have bought their allotment, allow a free for all on the remaining tickets. Sure it's not a perfect system either but it would solve alot of problems, especially with such small tours.

I agree
    In the present tense.
  • Chrispj09Chrispj09 Posts: 43
    we pay more for less. Its pointless to be a member now. I paid 20 bucks for nothing. But you have thousands getting tickets to muliple shows, while others cant get one. Great job ten club!
    "I wish I was a lucky man, well I guess that I am." EV
    "Gave her love away. Put it in my pocket when it should've been framed."

8/28/96, 8/20/98, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/27/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/6/03, 7/5/03,
    7/6/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/12/06, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
  • all the shows ive attended (apart from Leeds Fest.) have been 10C. And ive never had a problem getting tickets... even sitting for 4.5hrs at my computer to get wembley tickets in 2007, i still got them! NEVER give up!!!!
    this year if first year im going none 10C to a PJ headline show in Berlin, but i decided to go after the pre-sale! But still happy to be going there 10C or not! London and Belfast(seats) 10C.
  • DS242078DS242078 Posts: 15
    hand written evelopes.
    no contact info whatsoever.

i hope for olypic platinum ever show!
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    how about the real good ole' days. I remember in '94 running down the streets of Boston to the old Boston Garden ticket office after the announcement of PJ concerts. People sprinting out of office buildings. It was like a run on the bank during the depression.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • I had problems with phone orders in '95 (Soldier Field) and '96 (Toledo), but was able to eventually get tickets to both shows for face value. I think the easiest Fan Club tickets I got were for Houston in '00, but that market was a little easier than Philly, New York, or Boston. The Internet has introduced a completely different set of issues.

As much as getting the tickets may be a pain, it has always been well worth it in the end.
    Chicago, IL - Jul 11, 1995; Toledo, OH - Sep 22, 1996; Houston, TX - Oct 14, 2000; Philadelphia, PA - Apr 28, 2003; Camden, NJ - Jul 06, 2003; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Philadelphia, PA - Oct 03, 2005; Camden, NJ - May 27, 2006; Camden, NJ - May 28, 2006; Philadelphia, PA - Oct 31, 2009
  • When you could only get one set of ten club tickets per tour? There wasn't all this complaining you almost always had choice seats. So what do you think? If they are going to do small tours maybe they should go back to the one set per tour days?? Just a thought.

this place would self-destruct in .00000000035792457 seconds if that was announced. there is no way to please all the brats on here.

most of it has nothing to do with the system. they just want the ticket that says 10C on it so they can put it in their PJ shrine to be proud of themselves for being the best fan they can be.

get your tickets through TM. You'll probably get better seats anyway! This band is doing the fans a service by doing this. They by no means have to do it.

I've never used 10C for the two shows I've been to since being a member. Who cares?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • I feel for the tenclub. Sure they aren't perfect. Nothing is.

I am a teacher and I deal with problems like this all of the time. Having 30 kids in a class, each one of them wants something different. I try to please them all, but it's impossible.

I couldn't imagine a perfect system. Not that there isn't room to complain, it's just a tough spot for the tenclub to be in, trying to please us all, all of the time.

By the way, I got tix for MSG 1 but was shut out of MSG 2...
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    what about the self addressed stamped envelopes and the index cards (god i wish i had my original number back)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    joebot wrote:

I actually remember buying tickets for Randall's Island for the first day from Ten Club and then getting a call a few days before the concert and being asked if I wanted to buy tix for the second day. The thing that is amazing is when I said yes I was asked how many!! I actually bought six tix for day two!! Way different than today.
  • luchshelluchshel Posts: 10
    Ok, I need to let loose a little bit here. I'm going to sound like a pouting kid but so be it.

I've been a 10C member for 12-13 years. I've never had trouble getting FAN CLUB tickets to the shows in my area (Boston / Hartford). I've been fortunate enough to see enough shows to understand what it is to attend a PJ show. Before, during and after each show I experience such a high that I can not explain it. Inevitably, the guys move on and I anxiously await their return.

Today, as I type this, I find myself extremely angry and frustrated due to my experience trying to obtain 10C tickets for this tour, only to be shut out. I know I'm not alone, but this is just wrong. One of the great things about PJ is their relationship with their fans and the passion their fans bring to their shows. It appears to me, because their "tour" plans are released in pieces, 10C members are now faced with the decision of do I travel to another city to see a show because my city/area isn't on the list. It killed me to know the band was playing four shows in Philly and spoke with some that decided they NEEDED to make the trip. I didn't.

Now I was shut out for Boston, wanted MSG 1 to see them with the Black Keys, got shut out, couldn't even get logged on for MSG 2 and shut out again for Hartford which for me is equidistant to Boston from where I live. Now I see the MSG shows are actually going to have a fan club presale through TM. That's cool, but why only MSG, why not Hartford and Boston, the other shows which "Sold Out" through the 10C.

I would think a better process for tickets would be for 10C members to have a period of a couple of days to REQUEST tickets to the show(s) of their choice, providing all the necessary payment information. When the request period ends, the requests are compiled and priortized as such; billing address zip codes within say 150 miles of the arena, then boarder states, then all others. Each group gets ordered by seniority as they currently do. Then, start to assign tickets to the individuals in each group. I don't think this is a perfect idea by any means. It may only be something which is feasible for densely populated regions such as the Northeast corridor from Washington DC proper to Boston proper.

It just seems to me, there is no excuse for a current 10C member, that desires to attend a show or two or even three in their own back yard shouldn't be able to do so.

I started this rant hoping by the end I'd feel better.

It didn't work .......... I Got $hit!

Go ahead blast me, I know I'm not the only one feeling this way.
    What you are speaks so loudly that I can not hear what you say.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Ahhh yes, the good ol' days. I remember when I didn't have to share my drinking fountains with all you crackers.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • I joined the 10c in 1994, after seeing PJ at the Boston Garden. It just abour blew the back of my head right off. I remember when you could order 2 tix 2 as many shows as you wanted. I would take that nice order form, plan my trips, order up and just wait. I have seen PJ in Boston at the garden, down in mansfield, which is only about 30 miles from Boston proper. I have been to MSG and Jones Beach. Mountainview CA. just to name a few. its been a great ride and I have many happy memories. I posted lots of fanviews on the old web site. I wish I could find them now and read them. While prices have gone up, I believe that for the price, the seats I usually end up with are well worth it. My Member # is 113XXX. To put it into perspective, a buddy of mine GAVE me a ticket to the last U2 tour. I love U2 and have been following them since 1981 when boyt was released (yes i'm that old). face on the ticket for the premium seating was 250.00. So 75$ a ticket in 2010 is fair I think. I know alot of people got shut out, and its frustrating, but the band is so big and the Boston, Hartford, Newyork corridor is a hotbed of fans, and people like to travel to these locations as well. The hartford location has gotten hot again. I remember being at the riot show in 1996. They did'nt play there for years after that. I've been lucky enough to have always been able to get my fan club tix, no matter what the circumstances, and for that I am greatful. So I approch this tour, older and wiser still. Be happy and safe out there. Take care of your Jamily counterparts, and most of all have FUN!!
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    i think if they play multiple shows in ONE VENUE ...they should have a one show limit per venue per member ..... my .02
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    luchshel wrote:

I started this rant hoping by the end I'd feel better.

It didn't work .......... I Got $hit!

Go ahead blast me, I know I'm not the only one feeling this way.

No blasting my friend. I understand the frustration of not getting tickets, it happened to me back in 06 and for Eddie's solo tour, but:

1. They (10 c) only get so many tickets and when they're gone, they're gone. We all had to fight for 'em and some got lucky and others didn't.

2. Now you're upset that the 10c got MORE tickets for MSG for fan club members. They can't win can they?
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite