I renounce my Ten Club membership Effective Immediately???

2»

Comments

• zootown wrote:
    news flash! The band does not really care about any of us! To quote a bandmember "if you don't like it, then dont listen to it!"- that pretty much sums it up. Just because we like a band that for 15 years had a lead singer who was like an "open wound" doesn't mean that any of us have a personal relationship with an of them. Get over yourselves! IT'S JUST A ROCK AND ROLL CONCERT! :evil:
    Wait a minute........Are you actually suggesting that Eddie Vedder doesn't care about me. :cry:
    Awwww shit. Now my life has no meaning. ;)
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    Not ONCE? That's crazy. I've never been shut out online. I've bought tickets to every single show I've wanted to go to and then gone in and gotten more for my friends with their log-ins. It's really not that hard. You just have to be patient. Bandwidth is not the problem because all that would mean is that they would sell out faster. There are some tips to getting tickets. Have a look at some of the other threads on here. There might be something that will help, maybe something you're not trying.
    i like sound...
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Corey Lynn wrote:
    I am feeling a deja Vu of tours past.

I know it is frustrating as hell...but, I really think that the Ten Club is doing their best and aren't intentionally fucking with fans. People are taking it personal if they don't get tickets...like the ten club has a vendetta against them.

I don't think it's the ten club. They are just the middle man for the band and management therefore they get the blame. Reminds me of a Baseball GM. The owners set a payroll and they aren't allowed to go over that. When the team comes across as being cheap, fans assume it is the fault of the GM when in reality it is the people above them.
  • ML212183ML212183 Posts: 20
    Corey Lynn wrote:
    I am feeling a deja Vu of tours past.

I know it is frustrating as hell...but, I really think that the Ten Club is doing their best and aren't intentionally fucking with fans. People are taking it personal if they don't get tickets...like the ten club has a vendetta against them.

I don't think it's the ten club. They are just the middle man for the band and management therefore they get the blame. Reminds me of a Baseball GM. The owners set a payroll and they aren't allowed to go over that. When the team comes across as being cheap, fans assume it is the fault of the GM when in reality it is the people above them.

Regardless of who is to blame it ultimately reflects on the band which is one of the few downsides to being a rock star I guess. :lol:
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    JF92898 wrote:
    I’ve been a member of the Fan Club for almost ten years. I’ve never ONCE purchased tickets to any New York show since the Ten Club switched over to On Line orders. I’ve never had the chance although trying numerous times. I now feel silly for doing so. The fact that the Ten Club cannot provide a website with the requisite bandwidth to handle the number of people attempting to buy tickets is a joke. It’s negligence.

The newsletter is nice and the “Holiday” single is fun. But the only reason I pay $25 a year is to gain access to fan club tickets. I refuse to pay $25 a year to read “The server at secure.pearljam.com is taking too long to respond.” What's the point?

I've been duped.
    instead of signing up to the message board to and using your first post to bitch about it, why not keep hitting refresh? its wasting energy and wasting time you could be trying for tickets..i got a msg "buy"tab 2 minutes ago..

I say this every time there is a ticket sale. The system, may be flawed but the time to complain about it is not while tickets are onsale. I got tickets to three Eddie solo shows while people were on here a half hour after tickets went on sale complaining. Sometimes it takes time. At least you are in your house at a computer rather than standing outside in line for hours.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    camaros wrote:
    Not ONCE? That's crazy. I've never been shut out online. I've bought tickets to every single show I've wanted to go to and then gone in and gotten more for my friends with their log-ins. It's really not that hard. You just have to be patient. Bandwidth is not the problem because all that would mean is that they would sell out faster. There are some tips to getting tickets. Have a look at some of the other threads on here. There might be something that will help, maybe something you're not trying.

really? the last time i got tickets from the 10c was in 2003. been shut out ever since (throw in an EV solo as well).

i am relying on ticketmaster/livenation these days much more than 10c.
  • Kanye EastKanye East Posts: 782
    It amazes me how much people complain. I never got shut out for tickets online. Maybe your commodore 64 and dial up internet service just isnt cutting it?
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 965
    the more people complain..the more reason 10C has to not offer fanclub tickets anymore...
    I hope this never happens.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    crynose
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    mikesbri wrote:
    the more people complain..the more reason 10C has to not offer fanclub tickets anymore...

And 80% of the people would leave. People wouldn't pay $20 for a vinyl and a deep magazine.
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 965
    just saying hopefully those people that complain leave...we should all be happy that PJ is on Tour.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • JameydogJameydog Posts: 68
    When I gave my $5 dollars in 93' for a membership, I thought 5 bucks is a pretty good deal for a newsletter and inside news about the band. Pretty cool. Then later when it went to $20 for a membership, I thought 20 bucks was a pretty good deal for a newsletter, contests, a vinyl single, and inside news about the band. Then they started giving us first dibs on the best seats in the house. All for 20 bucks. Dude, the love and respect they have for us is priceless. I'd pay $50 for a membership and that would still be a good deal. So like everyone else is sayin, c-ya. I might move up a bit in seniority. Shit happens sometimes when it comes online ticket buying. It happened to me in 2003. The servers crashed then and couldnt get 10c tickets but I still ended up going to the show. No it wasnt the best seat in the house, but I never once thought about giving up my membership. And the fans in back are just as cool as the fans in front.
  • teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    mikesbri wrote:

The day they stop offering tickets is the day a number in the 400's is one of the best still paying each year.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I'm always amazed at how much people complain around here. I've been shut out for shows and yes I was disappointed but I got over it. In fact, not only did I get over it, I found alternative ways to get tickets, i.e, fellow 10C members, ebay, ticketmaster.....

If you want to go to high demand shows like NY, consider yourself lucky if you score 10C seats. It's not like all MSG seats have been reserved for fan club and everyone just decided they didn't want you there. :roll:

And, if they don't charge for memberships that's more people you have to compete with for the few 10C seats that are available.
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,461
    OP's got a point.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    I have been shut out on three occasions, but all the times I have gotten tickets have been great. I don't understand this "I am entitled" attitude. This is way better than when we used to have to mail separate envelopes with a return envelope for each show.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • zootownzootown Posts: 666
    ML212183 wrote:
    zootown wrote:
    news flash! The band does not really care about any of us! To quote a bandmember "if you don't like it, then dont listen to it!"- that pretty much sums it up. Just because we like a band that for 15 years had a lead singer who was like an "open wound" doesn't mean that any of us have a personal relationship with an of them. Get over yourselves! IT'S JUST A ROCK AND ROLL CONCERT! :evil:

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that all in mind next time they release an album. Maybe I'll start file sharing in honor of its release rather than shelling out the money I have been spending on their music.

As is your right as a consumer! Again, I dont think they will give it a second of thought.....they have proven to themselves and the world that they are legitimately one of the most enduring, important and respected bands in rock and roll- and they have made juuuusssst a bit of cash along the way. So, do what you want....
    I hold the pain, release me!