I renounce my Ten Club membership Effective Immediately???

JF92898JF92898 Posts: 2
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I’ve been a member of the Fan Club for almost ten years. I’ve never ONCE purchased tickets to any New York show since the Ten Club switched over to On Line orders. I’ve never had the chance although trying numerous times. I now feel silly for doing so. The fact that the Ten Club cannot provide a website with the requisite bandwidth to handle the number of people attempting to buy tickets is a joke. It’s negligence.

The newsletter is nice and the “Holiday” single is fun. But the only reason I pay $25 a year is to gain access to fan club tickets. I refuse to pay $25 a year to read “The server at secure.pearljam.com is taking too long to respond.” What's the point?

I've been duped.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    later .
  • ML212183ML212183 Posts: 20
    I'm with you. See my thread called "IF". I think the band owes us a refund of membership fees or the chance to get tickets fair and square.
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Hope your number is better than mine!
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    Here we go.....
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,647
    I LOVE my TC membership, at least our ten club numbers get better every time all the whiners get outta here!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    I thought the fee was 20?
    .... it was nice exchanging comments with you on the board.... I've heard that Creed doesn't have these type's of issues on there website. The fee over there is $10 or so, you should consider.

Take care!
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,926
    Toodles!
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • I LOVE my TC membership, at least our ten club numbers get better every time all the whiners get outta here!
    people who complain about an obviously ridiculous system are whiners?
  • I'm in tears after trying to get through only to find out there's no tix left :!: I couldn't be anymore let down then right now. I still love them, though.
    Stay with me...Let's just breathe.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    JF92898 wrote:
    I’ve been a member of the Fan Club for almost ten years. I’ve never ONCE purchased tickets to any New York show since the Ten Club switched over to On Line orders. I’ve never had the chance although trying numerous times. I now feel silly for doing so. The fact that the Ten Club cannot provide a website with the requisite bandwidth to handle the number of people attempting to buy tickets is a joke. It’s negligence.

The newsletter is nice and the “Holiday” single is fun. But the only reason I pay $25 a year is to gain access to fan club tickets. I refuse to pay $25 a year to read “The server at secure.pearljam.com is taking too long to respond.” What's the point?

I've been duped.
    In regards to tickets, the band provides you with a first-come, first-serve pre-sale opportunity. If the server ONLY crashed for you, then you're right - you would have been duped. Since everyone is trying to get on at the same time, everybody is equally disadvantaged by the pathetic server. Thus, you are no better or worse-off than anyone else trying to get 10C tickets.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • JF92898 wrote:

I've been duped.
    instead of signing up to the message board to and using your first post to bitch about it, why not keep hitting refresh? its wasting energy and wasting time you could be trying for tickets..i got a msg "buy"tab 2 minutes ago..
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • akallakall Posts: 25
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out! Buh Bye!!!
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,647
    MrSmith wrote:
    I LOVE my TC membership, at least our ten club numbers get better every time all the whiners get outta here!
    people who complain about an obviously ridiculous system are whiners?

No but it comes down to the fact that they complain about it on the message board when they should just contact the Ten Club directly.

I got through, so I have no complaints regardless, but even if I didn't they go on-sale on Friday and would've tried then as well. Wish they would lock some of these topics. Ehh
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
    benjs wrote:
    JF92898 wrote:

I've been duped.
    In regards to tickets, the band provides you with a first-come, first-serve pre-sale opportunity. If the server ONLY crashed for you, then you're right - you would have been duped. Since everyone is trying to get on at the same time, everybody is equally disadvantaged by the pathetic server. Thus, you are no better or worse-off than anyone else trying to get 10C tickets.

Looking at the first few pages of the forum I don't think this guy is alone. Some action should be taken on the part of the band to make things right.
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    sweet, my 10C number just got one better!
  • ML212183 wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    JF92898 wrote:

I've been duped.

Looking at the first few pages of the forum I don't think this guy is alone. Some action should be taken on the part of the band to make things right.
    the band doesn't HAVE to offer tickets in a presale do they?

• As a member since '93, I did get tickets once through mail order which provided the best seats that I ever had while attending a show (seen every show in the NYC area on all multiple days) but since this on-line bullshit, have not come close, always a fucking excuse with the server or after 4 minutes sold out. I’ve had enough; some of us have been there from the beginning, supporting the band in every manner as possible. This has to be rectified and easy can be, Based on Ten clubs records they should be able to figure out who has been a member from which time and offer tickets based on that information.

Enough is enough!!!!

They also don't HAVE to chanrge $20 - $25 for what most bands offer for free. In this day and age of file sharing I think every band should be kissing their fans' asses for sticking with them. They may not feel my $20 and the thousands of dollars I've spent on them over the years might not have made them rich but I don't think anyone should be taken for granted. The fact remains that they have my membership fees and I still have to go deal with Ticketmaster when they go on sale (oh yeah, remember when they didn't think dealing with Ticketmaster was fair to their fans?).
  • YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    cool story hansel
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • I JUST GOT 2 MORE BUY TABS...QUIT BITCHING AND KEEP REFRESHING...

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    crynose
  • I JUST GOT 2 MORE BUY TABS...QUIT BITCHING AND KEEP REFRESHING...
    thats the definition of insanity right there, hahah.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

well no and yes... no they don't have to but they realise that not many people would pay money to join their fanclub otherwise... it's why the vast majority sign up to it.

and yes, cos it kinda says that when you read the membership benefits part of the main page.

HOW DO I GET TICKETS THROUGH THE TEN CLUB?
    When a tour is announced, tickets will be made available to purchase at the Ten Club before they go on-sale to the general public. We will send all eligible members an email with the pre-sale ticket information. We will also make this information available in the NEWS and TOUR section of our site. Policies and conditions vary from tour to tour, so the most accurate information will be posted with a tour announcement.
    We can not guarantee tickets for all fan club members for all shows, with limited restrictions and deadlines, but we do make them available whenever possible
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I got the buy tab too - twice. And when I hit it "transaction failed." So quit giving people hope.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • zootownzootown Posts: 666
    news flash! The band does not really care about any of us! To quote a bandmember "if you don't like it, then dont listen to it!"- that pretty much sums it up. Just because we like a band that for 15 years had a lead singer who was like an "open wound" doesn't mean that any of us have a personal relationship with an of them. Get over yourselves! IT'S JUST A ROCK AND ROLL CONCERT! :evil:
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • edited March 2010
    adspj wrote:
    sweet, my 10C number just got one better!
    so now you can move to the imaginary seat that the other guy never had the chance to get in the first place! lucky you :roll:
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    Thegeneus wrote:
    As a member since '93, I did get tickets once through mail order which provided the best seats that I ever had while attending a show (seen every show in the NYC area on all multiple days) but since this on-line bullshit, have not come close, always a fucking excuse with the server or after 4 minutes sold out. I’ve had enough; some of us have been there from the beginning, supporting the band in every manner as possible. This has to be rectified and easy can be, Based on Ten clubs records they should be able to figure out who has been a member from which time and offer tickets based on that information.

Enough is enough!!!!

Wow I can't believe you had to wait a full 4 minutes. I'm sorry to hear that- You should write a letter to the President of The United States of America and ask that he introduce legislation that will regulate this type of network! You deserve better treatment!
    Hope this means your giving up your membership!
    zootown wrote:
    news flash! The band does not really care about any of us! To quote a bandmember "if you don't like it, then dont listen to it!"- that pretty much sums it up. Just because we like a band that for 15 years had a lead singer who was like an "open wound" doesn't mean that any of us have a personal relationship with an of them. Get over yourselves! IT'S JUST A ROCK AND ROLL CONCERT! :evil:

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that all in mind next time they release an album. Maybe I'll start file sharing in honor of its release rather than shelling out the money I have been spending on their music.
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Thegeneus wrote:
    As a member since '93, I did get tickets once through mail order which provided the best seats that I ever had while attending a show (seen every show in the NYC area on all multiple days) but since this on-line bullshit, have not come close, always a fucking excuse with the server or after 4 minutes sold out. I’ve had enough; some of us have been there from the beginning, supporting the band in every manner as possible. This has to be rectified and easy can be, Based on Ten clubs records they should be able to figure out who has been a member from which time and offer tickets based on that information.

Enough is enough!!!!

Also remember that before 2003 we were limited to one show per tour. I've noticed a few people reminiscing about the mail order days, but there's no way they could go back to that process. It was okay in 2003 but the 10 Club ended up having trouble with the MSG shows due to so many requests.

And they should never bring seniority into play when it comes to your odds of getting tickets. You already get the best seats for the shows you got tickets for in the past, and now you want to take the chance at getting tickets away from other members?
  • Corey LynnCorey Lynn Posts: 681
    I am feeling a deja Vu of tours past.

I know it is frustrating as hell...but, I really think that the Ten Club is doing their best and aren't intentionally fucking with fans. People are taking it personal if they don't get tickets...like the ten club has a vendetta against them.

If I knew where it was I would take you there. There's much more than this