For Anyone Who Got Shut Out of a Sale/Wants Tips for Upcomin

RearviewreleaseRearviewrelease Posts: 721
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Firstly, I'd like to say that I secured tickets for Boston this way...from my highschool's shitty internet. With a little luck and patience. Hopefully these tips will work for you.

1. Use Google Chrome

It's the fastest browser bar none.

2. Anticipate what the URL will be for event specific tickets.

What I mean by this, is every ticket link has had a specific 4 digit number at the end of their url.

Kansas was 7312
STL was 7313
Columbus was 7314
IN was 7315
Boston was 7320
MSG I was 7322

You can safely assume that

Cleveland will be 7316
Buffalo will be 7317
Bristow will be 7318
Hartford will be 7319
TBD will be 7321
NY II will be 7323

3. Now, by using this method, you can make an educated guess as to what the url for ALL ticket sales will be.

https://secure.pearljam.com/store/produ ... g?sku=7312

Use that URL and change around the numbers, and make that as a BOOKMARK on Google Chrome.

4. Bookmark the Ticket section of the Goods section.

https://secure.pearljam.com/store/produ ... tegoryId=3

Easy enough.

Now, about 10 minutes before the sale, make two tabs in Google Chrome. In one, bring up the Tickets Section. In the other, click on the Bookmarked FUTURE ticket link. It was will give you a message saying "That product is unavailable at this time"

However, when it gets closer and closer to the sale, keep refreshing both pages until one of them gets you to the tickets you want the fastest.

When the BUY button shows up, exit out of the tab that is NOT showing you the Buy button. No need to have internet power wasted.

5. BE PATIENT

It will stop loading on Checkout options 2 and 3. It's going to happen. However, if it is in your Cart...it SHOULD allow you to continuously refresh until you finalize the buying process.

I used this method to buy Boston tickets from horrible school internet, hopefully it will work for all of you
2006/05/25 - Boston
2008/06/30 - Mansfield
2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
2010/05/17 - Boston
2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
2012/09/02 - Made in America
2013/10/17 - Worcester
2013/10/25 - Hartford
2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
2016/08/05 - Fenway
2016/08/07 - Fenway
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    u r kind for helping others :)
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 973
    I can't say I agree 100% with using Google Chrome. I used both Firefox and Chrome when I bought tickets today, and BOTH times it was Firefox that got through first.
  • back9back9 Posts: 2
    Good for you bro, way to cheat the system!!!!
  • idreaminredidreaminred Posts: 314
    Wow. Good stuff.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    thanks ... i used firefox cuz someone mentioned that to me last time ... and i got tix but this sounds like a good idea ...
  • FirstExit wrote:
    I can't say I agree 100% with using Google Chrome. I used both Firefox and Chrome when I bought tickets today, and BOTH times it was Firefox that got through first.

I just think that Google Chrome, especially if you just downloaded it, is a much sleeker system with less to weigh it down.

Just opinion
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • Ample JarAmple Jar Posts: 241
    You're giving away the secrets of the trade here....

...It's called "keeping time"...it's this thing they developed back in the '70's.... :lol:
    9/22/96, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 6/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/16/06, 7/18/06
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    edited March 2010
    The reason that they did not keep the sequential order with Boston and NYC is for this reason. They know that people look at the SKU numbers and gain an advantage when buying tickets. So, for the high demand shows, they don't use the next sequential number, as you saw with Boston and MSG.

The only thing that one can safely assume is that this trend will definitely continue for MSG2 and Harftord, at least. So there is no advantage to be gained...

Edit: I think I get what you are saying as far as a strategy goes, but be CAREFUL. People had ticket orders cancelled for the last tour because they bypassed the system and got tickets before the officeial on-sale.
    Post edited by BeerBaron on
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • back9 wrote:
    Good for you bro, way to cheat the system!!!!

Just called being smart. The only reason I am helping everyone else out is because I'm not going for anymore tickets for this tour :)

Except if May 18th is announced in Boston
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    edited March 2010
    BeerBaron wrote:
    The reason that they did not keep the sequential order with Boston and NYC is for this reason. They know that people look at the SKU numbers and gain an advantage when buying tickets. So, for the high demand shows, they don't use the next sequential number, as you saw with Boston and MSG.

The only thing that one can safely assume is that this trend will definitely continue for MSG2 and Harftord, at least. So there is no advantage to be gained...

I've heard of orders getting canceled do to getting tickets before they were released - via some backdoor ways like the SKU number. Buyer beware.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• You might want to be cautious with the "guess the URL of item" approach. It seems familiar that someone did this last fall and their order ended up being canceled because they were able to add it to their cart a few seconds prior to the on sale time and 10c thought they were trying to back-door a purchase or cheat the system. Anybody else recall this?
  • BeerBaron wrote:

They weren't random. They went in order. Read my post. If you start from 7312 and count down all the way until MSG II, INCLUDING the TBD date, the SKU's all match up with the one's that were "out of order"
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • You might want to be cautious with the "guess the URL of item" approach. It seems familiar that someone did this last fall and their order ended up being canceled because they were able to add it to their cart a few seconds prior to the on sale time and 10c thought they were trying to back-door a purchase or cheat the system. Anybody else recall this?

But I did not get in early. I didn't get tickets until about 12:06. However, this made the entire process easier.

I don't think it's cheating the system, it's just being attentive.
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    BeerBaron wrote:

They weren't random. They went in order. Read my post. If you start from 7312 and count down all the way until MSG II, INCLUDING the TBD date, the SKU's all match up with the one's that were "out of order"
    Gotcha. I missed that. They go in order of the date of the show.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • BeerBaron wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

Gotcha. I missed that. They go in order of the date of the show.

Exactly. So I don't think it's unfair to use the SKU codes to your advantage.
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    One thing you could do is wait until you see the show listed on the tickets page, then switch to the URL with the SKU in it. Some of the buttons (but not the ticket links? I think) are javascript rather than direct links, but when the page doesn't load completely because the server's hammered, you get links instead of buttons for things like checkout.

I had trouble with my checkout process sometimes resetting that browser tab to be loading the tickets section of the goods page, instead of the checkout process. Definitely good to save that link for once you get the tickets in your cart.

Melissa
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    This is good advice.

Now how do I get the ticket icon to appear b4 they are TEMP OUT? :)
  • DercheefDercheef Posts: 732
    FirstExit wrote:
    Same here.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • URthekey wrote:
    This is good advice.

Now how do I get the ticket icon to appear b4 they are TEMP OUT? :)

If you use this method, I really think you will get them in your Cart fairly quickly.
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • MK50139MK50139 Posts: 18
    10C explicitly stated last time anyone trying to "backdoor" the system will have their tickets and membership revoked. Good luck.
  • MK50139 wrote:
    10C explicitly stated last time anyone trying to "backdoor" the system will have their tickets and membership revoked. Good luck.

How is this back-dooring the system? I only get to the URL once they OFFICIALLY put the tickets up.

If the tickets are not OFFICIALLY put up for EVERYONE to get, I cannot access that link.

So, I'm getting there once the link goes up. However, I need to deal 2 less menus to get to that link. Not back-dooring.
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    melva02 wrote:
    One thing you could do is wait until you see the show listed on the tickets page, then switch to the URL with the SKU in it. Some of the buttons (but not the ticket links? I think) are javascript rather than direct links, but when the page doesn't load completely because the server's hammered, you get links instead of buttons for things like checkout.

I had trouble with my checkout process sometimes resetting that browser tab to be loading the tickets section of the goods page, instead of the checkout process. Definitely good to save that link for once you get the tickets in your cart.

Melissa

good idea

thanks
  • huh...wonder why so many people are having problems checking out....good thing folks aren't skipping steps to get to the checkout quicker, cause that would be REALLY REALLY BAD and cause a bottleneck at checkout. I'm sure I'll be talking to some folks soon about this.
    slh
  • huh...wonder why so many people are having problems checking out....good thing folks aren't skipping steps to get to the checkout quicker, cause that would be REALLY REALLY BAD and cause a bottleneck at checkout. I'm sure I'll be talking to some folks soon about this.
    slh

:o

not again. that sucks that people are circumventing the system again.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
    huh...wonder why so many people are having problems checking out....good thing folks aren't skipping steps to get to the checkout quicker, cause that would be REALLY REALLY BAD and cause a bottleneck at checkout. I'm sure I'll be talking to some folks soon about this.
    slh

Santos, question...since the chances of getting through to the server two clicks in a row are slim to none, isn't it really just a matter of choosing which url to refresh? Guessing the sku in advance is sneaky, but keeping track of it once the link is up just means you're paying attention to what you're trying to do.

From a network traffic perspective, the more directly each user can get to what they want and get their purchase completed, the more bandwidth is freed up for other users. For example, if I add tickets to my cart and get the whoops/ripped our face off page, then my choices are (1) keep refreshing the goods page until it shows up for me to click the checkout button, or (2) know the link to the checkout page and refresh that directly. Using the second option can save dozens of requests to the server, which benefits everyone.

So then the corollary is, once the ticket link is up (assuming no sneaky guessing), when people share it on here, they're helping reduce server traffic from people trying to see the ticket landing page (which they don't need to do as part of the process), and the reduced traffic benefits everyone.

So please, serious question and not trying to be a smartass, besides posting the link before it's up, which parts are not permitted? I know I and probably most others are just trying to make it more efficient for everyone and give new users a fair chance against the people who've been through this many times but won't share their strategies.

Melissa
  • melva02 wrote:
    huh...wonder why so many people are having problems checking out....good thing folks aren't skipping steps to get to the checkout quicker, cause that would be REALLY REALLY BAD and cause a bottleneck at checkout. I'm sure I'll be talking to some folks soon about this.
    slh

Santos, question...since the chances of getting through to the server two clicks in a row are slim to none, isn't it really just a matter of choosing which url to refresh? Guessing the sku in advance is sneaky, but keeping track of it once the link is up just means you're paying attention to what you're trying to do.

From a network traffic perspective, the more directly each user can get to what they want and get their purchase completed, the more bandwidth is freed up for other users. For example, if I add tickets to my cart and get the whoops/ripped our face off page, then my choices are (1) keep refreshing the goods page until it shows up for me to click the checkout button, or (2) know the link to the checkout page and refresh that directly. Using the second option can save dozens of requests to the server, which benefits everyone.

So then the corollary is, once the ticket link is up (assuming no sneaky guessing), when people share it on here, they're helping reduce server traffic from people trying to see the ticket landing page (which they don't need to do as part of the process), and the reduced traffic benefits everyone.

So please, serious question and not trying to be a smartass, besides posting the link before it's up, which parts are not permitted? I know I and probably most others are just trying to make it more efficient for everyone and give new users a fair chance against the people who've been through this many times but won't share their strategies.

Melissa

last time someone was able to get in a couple of minutes before the ticket link was made public. santos may be referring to people that were able to get in early again.
    last time someone was able to get in a couple of minutes before the ticket link was made public. santos may be referring to people that were able to get in early again.

I hope that's what it is, because of course that's unfair. But using the URLs you see to try to get the page you want in between getting bounced around server timeouts and the whoops page, I mean come on. If they don't like that they can remove the need for it by getting enough server capacity that each click returns the page you want, and it would take each user 2 minutes to select tickets and click through check out. If they could sell 25% of all ticket pairs simultaneously, they'd sell out in way less than an hour.
  • melva02 wrote:
    slh

Melissa

As I said before, I DID NOT get in early. The Boston Tickets link did NOT show up on my computer until 12:06ish
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • As I said before, I DID NOT get in early. The Boston Tickets link did NOT show up on my computer until 12:06ish

relax...i wasnt pointing any fingers. just speculating on santos' post.
  • As I said before, I DID NOT get in early. The Boston Tickets link did NOT show up on my computer until 12:06ish

relax...i wasnt pointing any fingers. just speculating on santos' post.

I'm not getting mad at you. I'm honestly just trying to defend my position, because I don't want my tickets ripped from me because I bookmarked a couple links, that did not get me anything earlier than anyone.
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
This discussion has been closed.