A song worthy of a spot in more set lists

gems_n_rhinestonesgems_n_rhinestones Posts: 382
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Breath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOYdDWn1vMc

What a great f'ing song!!! I think I always just glazed over this one, good--even better than most--but still always in the "ok" category for me. BUT, this song has great energy live-really a crowd favorite (even if by crowd I mean me :D )

But seriously, this is one of the best songs I've ever seen performed live. So, I am just bringing awareness to this great song/cause. ;)

Just hoping it will be played more often.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SkeeterBSkeeterB Posts: 423
    Is this 1998? Maybe start a sign campaign...
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    ..maybe Ed will ask me to play it on drums again!! :D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I want to start a thread like "Please play Even Flow in Boston" just to see the reaction.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • I want to start a thread like "Please play Even Flow in Boston" just to see the reaction.

What does that mean exactly?
    I want to start a thread like "Please play Even Flow in Boston" just to see the reaction.

I used to go to shows hoping for this song or that song, and getting disappointed when they don't play it. I've just come to accepted their song choices more I guess.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 306
    Wow, i thought they played Even Flow at every show. I know i've never not seen them play it.
  • I want to start a thread like "Please play Even Flow in Boston" just to see the reaction.

I used to go to shows hoping for this song or that song, and getting disappointed when they don't play it. I've just come to accepted their song choices more I guess.

Yeah I agree, you can let yourself be disappointed if they don't play that song you've been hoping they would play.
    I was just saying that I would love to see that particular song played more often...(wishful thinking).
    One of those gems I didn't really appreciate so much when I did hear it live. And now I'm just begging....
  • Breath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOYdDWn1vMc

What a great f'ing song!!! I think I always just glazed over this one, good--even better than most--but still always in the "ok" category for me. BUT, this song has great energy live-really a crowd favorite (even if by crowd I mean me :D )

But seriously, this is one of the best songs I've ever seen performed live. So, I am just bringing awareness to this great song/cause. ;)

Just hoping it will be played more often.

I agree with you!!! This has been and always will be my favorite song of all time. It was such a treat when I heard this at Philly 3, I went apeshit!!!!
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
    Yeah I agree, you can let yourself be disappointed if they don't play that song you've been hoping they would play.
    I was just saying that I would love to see that particular song played more often...(wishful thinking).
    One of those gems I didn't really appreciate so much when I did hear it live. And now I'm just begging....
    I should have made myself clear from the outset, Breath kicks ass big time.
  • Yeah I agree, you can let yourself be disappointed if they don't play that song you've been hoping they would play.
    I should have made myself clear from the outset, Breath kicks ass big time.

I get goosebumps everytime I hear it Brotha :D

My 300th post!!!
  • Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there but there's much more
    than this
  • I don't care which songs they play Binaural.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • SkeeterB wrote:

No it's from the Philly stand---night 3.

Probably the best performance of this song...no doubt.
  • I agree. Can't get enough of this song or SOLAT.

I think this is a song that may have taken on a new meaning in the present vs. when it was written. He sang this very happy in Philly and it has been played much faster lately than the early 90 versions. I always thought this was a song that had a lot of pain behind it - he was not in pain singing this in Philly.
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    ive seen them 3 times and have yet to hear footsteps so for me thats number 1 for now
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987

Shouldn't that be "The Official Please Play Even Flow in Boston Thread"? ;) j/k

I think "Breath" is an awesome song. It's a timeless rock song; every time I hear it, I wonder why it was not a huge hit.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • SkeeterBSkeeterB Posts: 423
    SkeeterB wrote:

No it's from the Philly stand---night 3.

Probably the best performance of this song...no doubt.

I say this sincerely, take a look at the somewhat defunct fivehorizons.com website and search for the breath campaign. In your original post, you mentioned something about bringing awareness to this song...it's already been done, somewhat successfully i might add.

for me, any time it's played live, it elevates the status of the show.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • iamloco724 wrote:
    ive seen them 3 times and have yet to hear footsteps so for me thats number 1 for now

Hell yes to some Footsteps! Play breath too sure why not, then Hard to imagine. great trio.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    i just need to hear comeback - then I'll be a happy boy

followed by in my tree
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    strangest tribe & undone
    Alone in KC!
  • This is off topic but I'm bored at work and waiting for the 10c tix to go on sale. I counted up the number of different songs I've seen live and its 81. I've only been to 4 shows, which makes that even more impressive. That adds up to 3 shows of entirely different material at 27 songs in the set. What an amazing band! :D
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    the version from Philly III was AMAZING. so much energy and love Eds vocals during the "whooo ohh ohh ohh" part. the Spectrum was bouncing!!!
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • jets521 wrote:
    the version from Philly III was AMAZING. so much energy and love Eds vocals during the "whooo ohh ohh ohh" part. the Spectrum was bouncing!!!

I nearly shat myself when they started playing it!!!! Philly 3's first encore was mind blowing
  • Bump for best song ever made!!!!!!!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

if you wanna see a reaction, where a no more even flow t shirt to boston :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • damn right
  • PorchRatsPorchRats Posts: 164
    A quick one while he's away

I'd shit my pants
    2000: Saratoga
    2003: Albany, Hartford, Camden 1+2,
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston 2,
    2008: Mansfield,
    2010 MSG 1+2,
    2011: Alpine Valley 1+2