NOBLESVILLE Pre-Party, Fundraisers & Post-Party!!!

Comments

• I'm in +5....can't believe how quickly the time has gone.

1 week to go!!!!!!!!!! We're so excited. Road trip from MI...should be a great time.
  • IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    tbhooptie wrote:
    RSVP up to 255 people

Thats some impressive showing... Now if everyone brought just 5 canned goods... 1275 items of food!!! Why stop at 5!?! Bring 10 each... what is 10 extra bucks in canned goods / goods? We will all be dropping cash to drink and party at a Pearl Jam concert... lets not be greedy and forget about those who can only dream of attending a Pearl Jam show b/c they cannot afford it, let alone their next meal...

Hell Yeah! That would be so awesome if we could actually bring in that much food!! Over 30% of the people who get food from the food bank have a full time job, just can't make ends meet. 1 can, 10 cans, 20 boxes of mac and cheese, whatever it is, it will be so appreciated!!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
    Friday, May 7th
    High: 74°F, Low: °F
    Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s.
    Overnight: Chance of a Thunderstorm

it's Indiana, so the weather changes often!! But looking good so far!
    Does anyone have a copy of the bootleg DVD of Grand Rapids, Van Andel arena? I would love to be able to borrow it for the party, mine is packed away in a box somewhere and I can't find it!
  • alluneed is love +3 please
    "What is this, the stage diving Olympics"?
    6 Days and counting!!
  • fraidknotfraidknot Posts: 38
    Hi all, I am going to CANCEL my booking at the Hamptoon Inn in Fishers for friday night in just a few moments. Im not sure if the hotels are booked up, but in case people are looking to snag one, mine will be free momentarilly.
  • I don't want to beat this to death but if you are staying at the Sheraton and interested in coordinating a ride there and backhave , please let me know. If it is just me and my buddy, we'll just get a cab but if we have a big crew we should coordinate. Ya got to coordinate!
    I don't want to beat this to death but if you are staying at the Sheraton and interested in coordinating a ride there and backhave , please let me know. If it is just me and my buddy, we'll just get a cab but if we have a big crew we should coordinate. Ya got to coordinate!

Have you posted this on the facebook page as well?
    IAmMyself wrote:
    Does anyone have a copy of the bootleg DVD of Grand Rapids, Van Andel arena? I would love to be able to borrow it for the party, mine is packed away in a box somewhere and I can't find it!

Mindi came through, yet again! She has this DVD, so we can watch this during the pre-party.
    THANKS MINDI!!!
  • anyone have a link to the do's and don't of what we can bring to the show, i know PJ said we can bring small audio recorders and cameras. anything else?
    "Research your own experiences for the truth...Absorb what is useful...Add what is specifically your own...The creating individual is more important than any style or system" Bruce Lee
  • i'm going to try and get up there earlier if i can find a ride, my ride isn't leaving til 5pm now, gurrrr anyone coming up thru the Madison Indiana way? would be easy for me to get to 65 north it's only 15 miles away from Madison
    "Research your own experiences for the truth...Absorb what is useful...Add what is specifically your own...The creating individual is more important than any style or system" Bruce Lee
    The venue policy is as follows; snack or picnic food in a 1 gallon, clear plastic zip lock bag; 1 Liter or smaller bottled water which must remained sealed until you have entered the venue (for some shows the caps may be removed per artist request), lawn and beach chairs are permitted so long as the seat bottom is no taller than 9” off the ground (please no tri-fold chairs). Please note: these guidelines are subject to change and are on a show by show basis without notice. Inspections: Guests are subject to bag searches and various levels of screening subject to artist or management discretion. Photography: Point and shoot digital cameras are allowed when approved by the artist. No professional cameras are permitted in the venue. Prohibited Items: Items not allowed in this venue include: aerosol cans and mace, beach balls, frisebees, toys, glass bottles, cans, tall beach chairs, chains, spikes, containers of any kind, coolers, jugs, fireworks, horns, knives, weapons, guns, laser pointers, outside liquor, signs, banners, and pets.

http://www.livenation.com/venue/verizon ... is-details
  • indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    I have an extra one I may bring and try to get in up on stage. ;)

If you're not close enough to give it a good chuck up on stage at Indy I may be in Cleveland. The guy I'm sharing tickets with for that show said his member number doesn't have 6 digits! :o
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834

If you're not close enough to give it a good chuck up on stage at Indy I may be in Cleveland. The guy I'm sharing tickets with for that show said his member number doesn't have 6 digits! :o

I'll see you in Indy and will discuss our options and maybe Cleveland will have to be it. But I'm sharing with somebody that's lower then so will see what happens. Or will win the lottery and then were set. lol

When you leaving btw?

I'll see you in Indy and will discuss our options and maybe Cleveland will have to be it. But I'm sharing with somebody that's lower then so will see what happens. Or will win the lottery and then were set. lol

When you leaving btw?

Sounds like a good plan. We'll be taking off at 12:30-1ish on Thursday. I'm seeing that one with Pearl Jam_ie, a 10Clubber from Plymouth too. We'll be at the campground Thurs and Sat. night. Where are you staying? If you're leaving at a similar time we could have a 2 car caravan. :lol: I think I'm going to get out the painter's tape and put "Pearl Jam or Bust" on the back window of the wagon. :)
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834

Sounds like a good plan. We'll be taking off at 12:30-1ish on Thursday. I'm seeing that one with Pearl Jam_ie, a 10Clubber from Plymouth too. We'll be at the campground Thurs and Sat. night. Where are you staying? If you're leaving at a similar time we could have a 2 car caravan. :lol: I think I'm going to get out the painter's tape and put "Pearl Jam or Bust" on the back window of the wagon. :)

I was thinking of leaving Thursday morning sometime. I'm hitting the road solo so maybe I'll see you along the way. Columbus staying very near the venue and leaving early Friday morning to head to Indy.

I was thinking of leaving Thursday morning sometime. I'm hitting the road solo so maybe I'll see you along the way. Columbus staying very near the venue and leaving early Friday morning to head to Indy.

Ah that's right I forgot your going to Columbus too. I'll be staying in Indy on Thursday night.
  • IAmMyself wrote:
    I don't want to beat this to death but if you are staying at the Sheraton and interested in coordinating a ride there and backhave , please let me know. If it is just me and my buddy, we'll just get a cab but if we have a big crew we should coordinate. Ya got to coordinate!

Have you posted this on the facebook page as well?

I'm not on facebook so no.
  • covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,326
    Today's outlook is the worst yet. 44 and scattered thunderstorms. Yuck.
  • tbhooptietbhooptie Posts: 137
    Did a scan of some weather sites:

Accuweather - 35% chance of rain (day), 0% (night).. Low of 44
    Weather Underground - 30 - 40% chance of storms... Low of 47
    Weather.com - 30 - 40% chance of storms... Low of 44
    Weather.gov - 40% chance of storms...

Looks like everyone is pretty much all on the same forecast... Give it a few days, Midwest weather forecasts change hourly!
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,170
    Is it easy to get a cab out in those parts? Or is it Horse and buggie?
  • tbhooptie wrote:
    Did a scan of some weather sites:

Accuweather - 35% chance of rain (day), 0% (night).. Low of 44
    Weather Underground - 30 - 40% chance of storms... Low of 47
    Weather.com - 30 - 40% chance of storms... Low of 44
    Weather.gov - 40% chance of storms...

Looks like everyone is pretty much all on the same forecast... Give it a few days, Midwest weather forecasts change hourly!

If the front simply slows down by 12 hours (which is not unheard of) it will be beautiful
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

you heading up the Chicago to Columbus to Indy caravan? i'm leaving the NW burbs around 9am central and hoping to make it to Columbus by about 4pm eastern. unlike you, i'm sleeping in on friday before heading to Indy. That's only about 3 hours, so leaving at 11am (or so) for a 2pm arrival.

if you see a red Tacoma with a bent up bumper, honk.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Ample JarAmple Jar Posts: 235
    shadowcast wrote:
    You might be better off with just the horse, forget the buggie! :)

But seriously, cabs do not just drive around the area looking to pick people up. So if you really need one, you should call ahead and schedule one to pick you up....and make sure they would be willing to pick someone up from the venue.
    9/22/96, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 6/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/16/06, 7/18/06
  • vedderman71vedderman71 Posts: 62
    shadowcast wrote:

C'mon Chicago man....it may not be Chi-town but far from horse and buggy.
    Verizon...or Deer Creek to us locals, is off of Exit 10 (a bit ironic for us 10C'ers), so only 10 minutes north of 465. Our airport slows down after 11 pm, so the cabbies will be glad for the N-east business.

Keystone is on the very North side of Indy- i.e., think about 1 o'clock on a watch, and Deer Creek is like 2-fifteen'ish.
    The problem for those headed to the show from the Sheraton is that 465 East bound on the north side is a major construction F-up! And 4-6 pm is "rush hour" for north-siders commute.
    So my advice is: 1.) leave before 4 pm for the show 2.) my very best advice is to get a local map or a local to give you directions using local streets to Noblesville, then THIS is KEY: take St Rd 38 from Noblesville into the North or top-side entrance to Deer Creek.
    Coming into Deer Creek off of I-69 is for tourists/out of towners...it is a major traffic jam for most shows (trust me, i used to live off of exit 10). Do yourself a favor and mapquest a route from Noblesville using St Rd 38...then park in VIP parking...it's worth the ca$h...you'll be outta there much quicker.
    I’ll say your prayers I’ll take your side
    I promise a way to make light...
    What's saved could be one last lifetime
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,170
    I know there are cabs out that way just bustin some balls. But how cool would that be to arrive to the show on horseback? I am staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at 9785 North by Northeast Blvd. what am I about 10-15 minutes away from the venue? Thanks for the info!!!
  • Ample JarAmple Jar Posts: 235
    shadowcast wrote:
    I know there are cabs out that way just bustin some balls. But how cool would that be to arrive to the show on horseback? I am staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at 9785 North by Northeast Blvd. what am I about 10-15 minutes away from the venue? Thanks for the info!!!
    Yes, if there were no traffic (ie. you go early enough to avoid concert and rush hour traffic) you're only 10 minutes from the venue. But like vedderman said, avoid I69 like the plague if you're leaving closer to show time. I've seen exit 10 backed up for over a mile for like a Kid Rock show or something....
    9/22/96, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 6/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/16/06, 7/18/06
  • Ok, I'm staying at the Cambria Suites-can I REALLY walk to VWMC from there or no? I know distance wise I could, but would I be like a drifter on the highway? like are there sidewalks? I have VIP parking so that might be still the best option, no?

Or should I take one those famous Horse and Buggie rides Noblesville, IN is known for? :lol:
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Ok, I'm staying at the Cambria Suites-can I REALLY walk to VWMC from there or no? I know distance wise I could, but would I be like a drifter on the highway? like are there sidewalks? I have VIP parking so that might be still the best option, no?

Or should I take one those famous Horse and Buggie rides Noblesville, IN is known for? :lol:

Yes, they do have sidewalks over there now for most of the way. Definitely walkable distance.

@shadowcast: That is not that far away, but like Ample Jar said, avoid I-69! Tell the cabbie to take back roads. If you need help with directions/map, just let me know.

It just hit me when I woke up this morning that this is only 4 days away!!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis