Tickets still available for all shows...

Kevin WilsonKevin Wilson Posts: 333
edited March 2010 in The Porch
This is very strange..... :o
Makes much more sense.................
To Live......................
In the present tense.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• This is very strange..... :o

Strange but good from the stand point, less people buying, more rows I'm moving up. :D
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 306
    In before "Just wait for MSG" reply
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    Just wait for MSG. :mrgreen:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    I heard MSG is bad for you.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,951
    in a way, it was more fun when you kept losing them out of your cart. after an hour of computer freezes and site crashes....that's when you feel like you really scored. ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • shellerizmshellerizm Posts: 127
    sign of times...no one has got the cash
  • shellerizm wrote:
    sign of times...no one has got the cash

Truth!!
    In the present tense.
  • Okay, I've read the announcement several times and maybe I'm just missing it ... when does the presale end?
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Wish I Was wrote:
    Okay, I've read the announcement several times and maybe I'm just missing it ... when does the presale end?

Heh. I've just read it again and I now see that it's the 18th.
    Carry on. 8-)
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    I can't ever remember a show lasting more than an hour let alone 4 shows. Pretty unbelievable. What do you think this is due to? Ticket prices? Fan base dropping? Lack of interest in those geographic areas? Is it a coincidence that the same thing is happening to all of the posters that would sell out in minutes previously? I'm assuming NY and Boston will go pretty fast but these 4 shows still being available is very surprising.
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Tomorrow is going to be a nightmare with Boston & NYC on sale. The toughest tickets to get and of course the shows I want to attend! :|
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • I can't ever remember a show lasting more than an hour let alone 4 shows. Pretty unbelievable. What do you think this is due to? Ticket prices? Fan base dropping? Lack of interest in those geographic areas? Is it a coincidence that the same thing is happening to all of the posters that would sell out in minutes previously? I'm assuming NY and Boston will go pretty fast but these 4 shows still being available is very surprising.

$$$$They took our JERBS!!!!$$$$$$
    In the present tense.
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I can't ever remember a show lasting more than an hour let alone 4 shows. Pretty unbelievable. What do you think this is due to? Ticket prices? Fan base dropping? Lack of interest in those geographic areas? Is it a coincidence that the same thing is happening to all of the posters that would sell out in minutes previously? I'm assuming NY and Boston will go pretty fast but these 4 shows still being available is very surprising.

I think it is due to lack of interest in those geographical areas. The Northeast is where the majority of the fan base is.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    anyone want to throw out the possibility that the fan club ticket allotment is higher?... dunno
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • I don't think the Midwest can complain about lack of shows anymore. Here in the northeast we fight like savages for the right to see pearl jam live.
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411

the nightmare that was snl is the catalyst for this
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    anyone want to throw out the possibility that the fan club ticket allotment is higher?... dunno

this what I was thinking. Chicago last year had a higher one, is it happening again?
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Did the fan club allocations change with the LN/TM merger? Maybe they went up?
    I don't think the Midwest can complain about lack of shows anymore. Here in the northeast we fight like savages for the right to see pearl jam live.

Ah yes, just because the midwest isn't selling out right away, people out here should be happy that we are even getting shows. Who are we to even complain that it's been since 2003 in KC, and 2004 in St Louis since we've had Pearl Jam shows out here? If we were true fans, we would "fight like savages" for all of the tickets within the first 10 minutes they are on sale. We will never be true fans like the northeastern PJ crowd.

In a perfect world, Pearl Jam should only play big markets like Philly, Beantown, and NYC because let's face it, everywhere else is flyover country. Just ask somebody from the big markets - they'll confirm this.
  • Renee33Renee33 Posts: 128

You didn't get the memo?

These are all fan-club only shows :D
    Dancing in irreverence
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    RJNadge4 wrote:

You didn't get the memo?

These are all fan-club only shows :D

I know these were mid-west shows, and the big cities are tomorrow, but these were my thoughts exactly. We'll see how Boston goes tomorrow. I'll stay logged off until they're up for a while...if that "buy" button is there, I'll feel good about Garden 2 (only show I can make - unless I miss out, then I'll try for the Jiffy Lube show).

On a side note, my theory on TBD...announcement says 11 shows, 11 are listed. Once 10C does their ticket thing, we'll get an announcement of the New Philly DVD in theaters on May 18th in select cities w/ Boxset released on May 18th (it is a Tuesday). Good Luck to all tomorrow.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Funny, i bet some people getting home from work, logged on, bought tix and may even win the lotto for 1st or 2nd row. It's hard to gauge how these sales will go at times.
  • Chicago last year was for sale for a few days if I recall...... :roll:
    In the present tense.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,972
    I don't think the Midwest can complain about lack of shows anymore. Here in the northeast we fight like savages for the right to see pearl jam live.
    The right you say? What gives one region more "right" to see them than another?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    Chicago last year was for sale for a few days if I recall...... :roll:

So was LA4 (yes i know you could only buy for one LA show). not sure why the east coasters always like to point this out. it's not like it's taking away from the shows they do up there!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    also, if they cared about selling out shows they wouldn't have put two in missouri and zero in TX. just saying...
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    The place was almost all TC... TC members were in the 400s at those shows because of that!
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    drsluggo wrote:
    The place was almost all TC... TC members were in the 400s at those shows because of that!

for night 1, but the improved greatly night 2
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • BrianGBrianG Posts: 53
    you don't think they would ever put ten club members in the general admission lawn area in Indianapolis do you? There are 6,000 reserved seats at the venue and 18,000 general admission lawn seats. I would be pretty bummed out to open that envelope and be stuck in the grass when i could have waited till friday and bought those tickets for $49.

This is the first time i have used ten club seats for a show (my number is way high 450xxx because like a fool i let my membership lapse for 2 years). I have always liked to buy my tickets and actually know where my seats will be. But i went the fan club route for Columbus and Indianapolis.

For the trip to New York, I am torn. I think there will be a ton of ten club members at those NY shows and my high number might relegate me to the nosebleeds. Part of me is thinking just wait and pay the price to be assured a good seat if i am spending the money to take the trip.

Any thoughts? should i go ten club for NY or pay the crazy price to be certain that i have a great seat for the shows? Advice from experienced ten club ticket buyers is much appreciated! This is going to be one great month of May any way you slice it (starting with New Orleans Jazz Fest!)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,951
    ComeToTX wrote:

So was LA4 (yes i know you could only buy for one LA show).
    and I am sooooooooooooo glad I was seduced by those remaining LA4 tickets!! :thumbup:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16