TBD MAY 18th??

Comments

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    Hugo Reyes wrote:
    I really wish the 10c would spread some info our way regarding this date.

not up to them...nothing they can do but wait.

Sure it's up to them. Right now we have alot of rumors going around. A simple post stating the reason isn't a lot to ask. If it's a rollover show for Boston let us know. If it's for somewhere else, come out and shoot down the boston rumors. I have asked for very little from this fan club over the years and for once i'd like to get my 25 bucks worth.

have you called or emailed?

this message board is not the place to get questions answered
  • Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    I think the sports world and the rock world need to get their priorities straight.

How can a b-ball game or hockey game EVER be more important than a Pearl Jam concert? ;)
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
    SmileDad wrote:
    "TBD"
    (Born2Jam! How've ya been?)

Hey SmileDad!! All's good....better if I get Boston tix tomorrow! :D
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
    i wonder if TBD is Boston 2 or nothing

Maybe they'll just say "fuck it" and play the Orpheum, just for old times sake.

why not rebuild the old garden, play there, and then knock it back down? ;)
    My backyard is available.

Meh......I guess that one has been done to death, huh?
  • SmileDadSmileDad Posts: 186
    Born2Jam wrote:
    SmileDad wrote:
    "TBD"

How could you be denied tix??!!! Not gonna happen. You are IN!

8-)
    "This one's for Shae" -Ed, right before playing SMILE for my daughter (who was 9 then) BOSTON GARDEN 5-25-06
    SmileDad wrote:
    Born2Jam wrote:
    SmileDad wrote:
    "TBD"

How could you be denied tix??!!! Not gonna happen. You are IN!

8-)

Hehe......awesome. I'll rest easy now! ;)

How about you? Doing well?
    Will you bringing your daughter to the show this time?

Doing well. I'm up to FOUR kids now! Need to get them each their own 10c membership!

I brought Shae to Great Woods in '08, but we were back aways from the stage. It was their last show on that "quickie-tour", so EVERYBODY was there! Good show, but didn't compare to CT a few days earlier (was at that one also). Probably bringing her to one of the two (fingers crossed) Boston shows. She's still taking guitar lessons, and even played "Man of the hour" for me on my 40th!!! (Tears were rolling!)

How 'bout you? You bringing your son? How old is he now?
    "This one's for Shae" -Ed, right before playing SMILE for my daughter (who was 9 then) BOSTON GARDEN 5-25-06
    SmileDad wrote:

Doing well. I'm up to FOUR kids now! Need to get them each their own 10c membership!

I brought Shae to Great Woods in '08, but we were back aways from the stage. It was their last show on that "quickie-tour", so EVERYBODY was there! Good show, but didn't compare to CT a few days earlier (was at that one also). Probably bringing her to one of the two (fingers crossed) Boston shows. She's still taking guitar lessons, and even played "Man of the hour" for me on my 40th!!! (Tears were rolling!)

Oh, yes.....Kris is and always will be my PJ concert buddy!! I think he might be more psyched than me about this tour, if that's possible! He's 19 now and in his 2nd year of college! Can't believe it.....he was barely 12 the first time he saw a PJ concert with me!! Time sure does fly!!
    Born2Jam wrote:
    SmileDad wrote:

Oh, yes.....Kris is and always will be my PJ concert buddy!! I think he might be more psyched than me about this tour, if that's possible! He's 19 now and in his 2nd year of college! Can't believe it.....he was barely 12 the first time he saw a PJ concert with me!! Time sure does fly!!

Oh my head! Time flys, doesn't it?! I'll check in with ya after the on-sale tomorrow.

BEST OF LUCK!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,701
    Hugo Reyes wrote:
    it's as simple as this: May 18 is slated for Boston 2 but it's not up to the band. The band wants to play there but they are at the mercy of both the Celtics and Bruins. If either of those teams have a playoff game that day, then no PJ concert. If there is no playoff game scheduled, then PJ plays. Hockey playoffs start soon, NBA playoffs start in the middle of April. Both leagues plan out there playoff game well ahead of time so we all should know sometime in mid/late April re: Boston 2.

Very, very slight chance they could do a second Boston show at a different venue but they ain't leaving the city. Most likely, if the Celtics or Bruins have a playoff game, there will only be one Boston show and nothing on 5/18.
    I'm gonna say you're wrong on this one Hurley. The playoff schedule for mid May won't be known until, basically mid May. If either or both teams are in the playoffs, they won't know when they're playing until each successive series ends, and you won't know if they are at home or on the road until an opponent is locked in. So if a May 18 show is being held for the TDGarden (I think it is), its being held only to be sure 5/17 sells out. The Rangers have as much shot at playing at MSG in late May as the Bruins have at playing, but 2 dates are locked and loaded for NYC. The NBA and NHL can schedule around previously planned events, it happens each year, certain target dates are not booked (there's a reason why neither Boston of NYC got a Saturday or Sunday PJ date, the TV networks and leagues want those held), but a Monday and Tuesday can easily be scheduled around even if both the Celts and Broons are still playing at the time (Bruins defintely won't be, Celts maybe).
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Here is my opinion about May 18th:

I'm sure the band would like to perform in Boston at TD Garden, but like some others folks mentioned, the Bruins and Celtics playoff schedules are in control.

If TD Garden doesn't pan out, I would think that the band might play at Mohegan Sun Arena.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if May 18th was a Ten Club only show at Agganis Arena in Boston or Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence. ;)
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
    They're not gonna pack up their equipment and truck it down to Comm Ave to play Agganis, its 2 nights at the Garden or no other Boston show.
  • Hugo ReyesHugo Reyes Posts: 244
    Poncier wrote:
    Hugo Reyes wrote:
    it's as simple as this: May 18 is slated for Boston 2 but it's not up to the band. The band wants to play there but they are at the mercy of both the Celtics and Bruins. If either of those teams have a playoff game that day, then no PJ concert. If there is no playoff game scheduled, then PJ plays. Hockey playoffs start soon, NBA playoffs start in the middle of April. Both leagues plan out there playoff game well ahead of time so we all should know sometime in mid/late April re: Boston 2.

Very, very slight chance they could do a second Boston show at a different venue but they ain't leaving the city. Most likely, if the Celtics or Bruins have a playoff game, there will only be one Boston show and nothing on 5/18.
    I'm gonna say you're wrong on this one Hurley. The playoff schedule for mid May won't be known until, basically mid May. If either or both teams are in the playoffs, they won't know when they're playing until each successive series ends, and you won't know if they are at home or on the road until an opponent is locked in. So if a May 18 show is being held for the TDGarden (I think it is), its being held only to be sure 5/17 sells out. The Rangers have as much shot at playing at MSG in late May as the Bruins have at playing, but 2 dates are locked and loaded for NYC. The NBA and NHL can schedule around previously planned events, it happens each year, certain target dates are not booked (there's a reason why neither Boston of NYC got a Saturday or Sunday PJ date, the TV networks and leagues want those held), but a Monday and Tuesday can easily be scheduled around even if both the Celts and Broons are still playing at the time (Bruins defintely won't be, Celts maybe).

yea, that makes sense too. But I swore that, to some degree, the whole playoff schedule, as far as DATES, was scheduled in advance. So a team may or may not have home court, but they know they'll play game 1 on Mon., Game 2 on Wed, and so on...so you can sort of predict when a home game may be. But, as you said, depending on what happens, it could change.

My basic premise is that the Bruins/Celtics schedule gets priority. I suppose you are right about the sell out thing; maybe they just want to make sure. But, c'mon...they sell out 2 Boston shows in a heartbeat.
    Hugo Reyes wrote:
    But, c'mon...they sell out 2 Boston shows in a heartbeat.
    But if you look at the history of how they've sold tix in Boston/Mansfield, its almost always been 1 show announced then a 2nd (and 3rd in 1994 and 2003) added after the first sold out. The only time they put 2 on sale right off the bat was 1998. (And we're dealing with a shit economy, so promoters are a bit more cautious these days.)
  • Renee33Renee33 Posts: 128
    Times Union in Albany
    Dancing in irreverence
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,243
    RJNadge4 wrote:
    Times Union in Albany

This rumor has been squashed.
  • nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    from the sources i have talked to, TBD will not be at the Garden.

the word is that they have not asked to play the garden on the 18th as of right now.
  • I heard special 10C show at House of Blues. :roll: :lol:
  • RJNadge4 wrote:
    Times Union in Albany

Hell yea that would be amazing for me!! How was this rumor been squashed tho?
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I posted my theory in another thread...(believe me, I'd prefer a show in PA, but if not...)

theory on TBD...announcement says 11 shows, 11 are listed, so no more shows. Once 10C does their ticket thing, we'll get an announcement of the New Philly DVD in theaters on May 18th in select cities w/ Boxset released on May 18th (it is a Tuesday).
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    RJNadge4 wrote:
    Times Union in Albany

Hell yea that would be amazing for me!! How was this rumor been squashed tho?

4th comment down...

http://www.facebook.com/TUCenter/posts/383163302240
  • I posted my theory in another thread...(believe me, I'd prefer a show in PA, but if not...)

theory on TBD...announcement says 11 shows, 11 are listed, so no more shows. Once 10C does their ticket thing, we'll get an announcement of the New Philly DVD in theaters on May 18th in select cities w/ Boxset released on May 18th (it is a Tuesday).
    I don't understand why Ten Club would include May 18th on the tour announcement, because the logical assumption is that this is a tentative live performance date. It is unnecessary and illogical to tease a DVD, box set, or movie in the tour announcement.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder

• Hell yea that would be amazing for me!! How was this rumor been squashed tho?

4th comment down...

http://www.facebook.com/TUCenter/posts/383163302240

Well fuck.... Nice find. They gotta come back to Albany or SPAC sometime soon
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    I talked to two separate people at the Garden and both said they have first "dibs" on a second show..basically, if first one sells out fast, they will add a second show. They must have Mansfield or maybe even Hartford again for backup but we all know Boston is selling out fast..
    Poncier wrote:

i do agree with you that this is due to the economy... ie how they've done it in the past... selling out one... then posting the other

and they probably didn't announce it as a rollover to not get hopes up

but

i also think... when you have 2 teams in play - Boston.... it''s harder to commit 2 nights in a row?

where as the Knicks are not a factor
  • RebekahRebekah Posts: 44
    Still a little early in the season to plan an outdoor venue, aka, Mansfield....I'd have to go with the "waiting on the Bruins/Celts playoff season to be figured out" theory. Makes perfect sense. Of course TD Garden will sell out in seconds. It never fails. Let's just hope (sorry, Celts/Bruins fans...) that basketball AND hockey TANK, respectively, at the end of their season as scheduled. Then we'll be ALL set, and maybe even have a few more bucks in our pockets than tomorrow with the possible 4 shows to buy tix for that we all feel obligated to attend...
    Caught a bolt of lightening...cursed the day he let it go....
  • brainjambrainjam Posts: 51
    No matter what happens we will all be there for the first show and it will be memorable.
    "If Hope Could Grow From Dirt Like Me, It Can Be Done."
    Rebekah wrote:
    Still a little early in the season to plan an outdoor venue, aka, Mansfield.....

I agree with you, but remember they did play meadows or whatever its called now in Hartford in 2006 on May 13th...

I think its all irrelevant. Anyone who thinks May 18 is a city other than Boston at the TD is reaching
    brainjam wrote:
    No matter what happens we will all be there for the first show and it will be memorable.

Right on.