Membership help desperately needed

bakerfallbakerfall Posts: 76
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I'm not sure if anyone here can help, but I feel like I'm going to puke. I've been a member since 1995, never missed a renewal, I logged into my account today to make sure I remembered my password to gear up for tomorrow's onsales and my account shows as expired. I know that I renewed last year when I was buying all of my tickets, but it doesn't show. I never even considered that it had expired, I never got a renewal notification.

I've emailed the ten club tickets email address, but I'm hoping a mod or someone on here can help me out. I've spent thousands of dollars over the years going to shows and on merch and I can't imagine not being able to buy tickets for the shows this year.

If anyone can help or knows a direct contact that I could email or call, I would really appreciate it. If anyone needs my membership or additional contact info, just PM me.

Please help.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bakerfallbakerfall Posts: 76
    BTW, the date of expiration was Nov 30, 2009. I went to 9 shows last year, all on 10c tickets. I'm not trying to squeak in to get tickets this once.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Were you able to get it resolved?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    can u see whats the date that your membership expired?and which show u wanna buy?couse maybe someone from 10c answer u before the presale starts..and think positive..all will be ok :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    bakerfall wrote:
    BTW, the date of expiration was Nov 30, 2009. I went to 9 shows last year, all on 10c tickets. I'm not trying to squeak in to get tickets this once.

mmmm
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    bakerfall wrote:

I think the grace period is 3 months.

I would email them right away and I've heard they sometimes make exceptions, but I wouldn't count on it.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I would say you are out of luck for this tour, but the big issue is keeping your number.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Man that sucks hard. I would just get in contact with 10C as I think they are the only ones who can help. Hopefully for your sake it's just a glitch or something. Good Luck bro.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    I went back through my email and never received a reminder email either, I have gotten all my 10c ticket emails, the got some sale, the newsletter, so I don't think it got junked.
  • KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    My brother forgot his fan club number and the email he had with the ten club wasn't available anymore..He sent them an email today they got back with him..Updated his email address and gave him his fan club number..I was surprised they got back with him today...Send them an email or call them tomororw..They may be able to help you out..

Jeremy
    I've emailed and called them, I'm just sure they are going to be inundated with calls tomorrow and I'm foolishly hoping I can still buy tickets.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I believe the official policy is 1 month grace, but heard they've gone as far as 3 months on rare occasions. Email or call the TC. That's about all you can do.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I believe the official policy is 1 month grace, but heard they've gone as far as 3 months on rare occasions. Email or call the TC. That's about all you can do.

Yea, I just feel pretty helpless. I never would have let it go if I had known I was "unrenewed".

If I can get this resolved, I'm renewing for 5 years.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Membership Renewal Policy

The definition of the Ten Club membership renewal policy states a membership is considered delinquent on the exact date of expiration. For 90 days after the date of expiration, the membership remains delinquent but is available for renewal within this grace period. During this 90-day grace period the original membership may be renewed and all seniority will stay intact.

Renewal notices are sent out via email at the beginning of each month to all memberships that have become delinquent in the previous month, allowing each member to renew their membership within the 90-day grace period and maintain their seniority.

NOTE FOR NON-DELINQUENT MEMBER RENEWALS: Please login to your member account before renewing. Failure to do so may result in creating an entirely new account and all seniority may be lost.

Memberships that are delinquent for more than 90 days become non-member accounts and the former member will no longer receive the benefits of the Ten Club. Delinquent accounts can be renewed by logging in and purchasing a new membership. Although the Member profile and account history will remain in tact, a new member number will automatically be assigned and all seniority will be lost.

Members who wish to retrieve their original membership number that has been inactive for a duration of time, will need to provide valid reasoning for their delinquency.

http://www.pearljam.com/ten-club/membership-benefits
    bakerfall wrote:

thats the best option,,you will never have to worry again.. :)
    norm wrote:
    Membership Renewal Policy

The definition of the Ten Club membership renewal policy states a membership is considered delinquent on the exact date of expiration. For 90 days after the date of expiration, the membership remains delinquent but is available for renewal within this grace period. During this 90-day grace period the original membership may be renewed and all seniority will stay intact.

Renewal notices are sent out via email at the beginning of each month to all memberships that have become delinquent in the previous month, allowing each member to renew their membership within the 90-day grace period and maintain their seniority.

NOTE FOR NON-DELINQUENT MEMBER RENEWALS: Please login to your member account before renewing. Failure to do so may result in creating an entirely new account and all seniority may be lost.

Memberships that are delinquent for more than 90 days become non-member accounts and the former member will no longer receive the benefits of the Ten Club. Delinquent accounts can be renewed by logging in and purchasing a new membership. Although the Member profile and account history will remain in tact, a new member number will automatically be assigned and all seniority will be lost.

Members who wish to retrieve their original membership number that has been inactive for a duration of time, will need to provide valid reasoning for their delinquency.

http://www.pearljam.com/ten-club/membership-benefits

I know the policy, I'm really not trying to scam anyone. I have no idea how my renewal didn't go through and had no idea it hadn't until about an hour ago. I went back through my credit card statements and it isn't there, so I guess I have no proof other then how long I've been a member and how much money I've spent. I never would have allowed this to happen if I had known that my account was unrenewed. When I logged in today and my account said "your account expired on November 30, 2009" I about threw up.
    bakerfall wrote:
    I went back through my credit card statements and it isn't there

If you log in, go to Goods, then go to Orders in the upper left, it will show you all transactions for as long as 7 years or maybe even longer.
    CJMST3K wrote:
    bakerfall wrote:

If you log in, go to Goods, then go to Orders in the upper left, it will show you all transactions for as long as 7 years or maybe even longer.

I did that, it isn't there. It didn't go through, I just didn't know it didn't go through.

I know I'm just venting at this point, but it's better then sitting here thinking about how much this sucks :(
    bakerfall wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    bakerfall wrote:

I did that, it isn't there. It didn't go through, I just didn't know it didn't go through.

I know I'm just venting at this point, but it's better then sitting here thinking about how much this sucks :(

I feel for ya. :(
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    hopefully they get things sorted, but i don't like your chances :?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    hopefully they get things sorted, but i don't like your chances :?

At this point, I'm much more concerned with getting my 128XXX number back then the 3 shows I was planning on getting tickets for.

15 years of membership and 36 shows purchased on that membership should account for something. 90 days passed like 2 weeks ago.
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    bakerfall wrote:
    I've emailed and called them, I'm just sure they are going to be inundated with calls tomorrow and I'm foolishly hoping I can still buy tickets.

If you can find a credit card transaction for $20 to Pearl Jam, LLC last year that was after March 10th 2009, I would have a copy of that ready to go if they ask for it.

I would just calling them at 7 AM until they are able to assist. Be prepared to fax or email it to them asap.
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    bakerfall wrote:
    15 years of membership and 36 shows purchased on that membership should account for something. 90 days passed like 2 weeks ago.
    No offense, but it kinda sounds like you think they should make an exception for you because you've been a member for 15 years. Do you think you are better than a 3 year member? You already get the benefit of better seats for your loyalty, and now you also think you deserve a longer grace period?

I've been a member about 10 years or so and I know that when I renew I check and I double check that the order went through and then in a couple of days that my membership date has extended. I'd hate to be in your situation, I can imagine the feeling you have, but didn't you do this?
    bazzer wrote:
    bakerfall wrote:
    No offense, but it kinda sounds like you think they should make an exception for you because you've been a member for 15 years. Do you think you are better than a 3 year member? You already get the benefit of better seats for your loyalty, and now you also think you deserve a longer grace period?

I've been a member about 10 years or so and I know that when I renew I check and I double check that the order went through and then in a couple of days that my membership date has extended. I'd hate to be in your situation, I can imagine the feeling you have, but didn't you do this?

I"m not looking for an exception and I'm not saying that I'm better. The only reason I posted the length of my membership was to show that I would not have let it lapse.

I don't have a credit card statement because it didn't go through. all I can say is that I entered it. I can't prove it and that sucks, but I am not lying.
    bakerfall wrote:
    I"m not looking for an exception and I'm not saying that I'm better. The only reason I posted the length of my membership was to show that I would not have let it lapse.

I don't have a credit card statement because it didn't go through. all I can say is that I entered it. I can't prove it and that sucks, but I am not lying.
    I don't think you're lying. Sometimes things go wrong with websites, you know how it is. I would have checked it all went through, is all I'm saying. I hope the same thing never happens to me!
    Well the tenclub really came through and I got my membership number back. I am not, however, able to buy tix in this presale. In the grand scheme of things that's pretty minor compared to losing 15 years of senority.

Thanks 10c!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    good news :)
    my previous comment was more aimed at you getting your membership number, not the ability to get tickets this time. while it might be a pain that you cannot get tickets this time, i would much rather keep the number, and not get them, than have to go to a 450/460ish number and not get tickets
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    naww, what a nice 10club.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    bakerfall wrote:
    Well the tenclub really came through and I got my membership number back. I am not, however, able to buy tix in this presale. In the grand scheme of things that's pretty minor compared to losing 15 years of senority.

Thanks 10c!
    I'd say that is a pretty good compromise from your point of view. I'm happy for you that you got your number back.

Did you put your money where your mouth was and renew for 5 years? :D
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    BeerBaron wrote:
    bakerfall wrote:

Thanks 10c!
    I'd say that is a pretty good compromise from your point of view. I'm happy for you that you got your number back.

Not yet, although I told them that I might. And I just might :)

Not like I'm going anywhere
    bakerfall wrote:
    I guess you're all talk then? ;)
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    bakerfall wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    bakerfall wrote:

Thanks 10c!

Not yet, although I told them that I might. And I just might :)

Not like I'm going anywhere
    You HAVE to do the 5 year renewal or karma is going to punish you :mrgreen:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC