Guaranteed on Radio in US?

armstrsjarmstrsj Posts: 13
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Now that the video has been released - is Guaranteed getting any mainstream radio spins in the US?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    I heard it in Boston a couple of times
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • It seems radio-friendly enough for it to be played on stations other than rock-based radio stations...but its wait and see
  • I have not heard it and don't expect too....

it is a great song but I don't see it as a "radio" song... and that suits me just fine
  • chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    salt_creep wrote:
    it is a great song but I don't see it as a "radio" song... and that suits me just fine
    thoughts like this make me wonder, whether it's ed or PJ, in the court of public opinion, is anything from them a 'radio' song?

i say this b/c....while 'hard sun' has done well, if 'guaranteed' doesn't make it...at least for a few weeks...
    then there's really a problem.
  • xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    Haven't heard it. But I am still hearing Hard Sun a lot.
  • has it been officially released as a single?
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• stateeshastateesha Posts: 274
    Not in Atlanta. I don't even hear Hard Sun anymore and only heard it maybe 5 times. The radio here sucks major balls!
    92 Atlanta; 93 Boulder; 94 Denver 1-2; 95 Red Rocks 1-2; 96 Charlotte, Charleston; 98 Atlanta, Greenville, Knoxville, Columbia, Washington; 99 Bridge 1-2; 00 Atlanta, Vegas; 01 Bridge 1-2, Seattle; 02 Seattle; 03 Vegas, Bridge 1-2; 04 Asheville; 05 Toronto; 06 E. Ruth 1-2, Hawaii 1-2; 07 London; 08 Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Hartford, Boston 1 & 2, Beacon
  • LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    Hard Sun is still in the Top 20 on the Modern Rock Charts. As far as Guaranteed goes I do not see it as a radio song. Maybe if it wins some awards but that probably will not happen.
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Personally i feel that Guaranteed as a more radio friendly sound than Hard Sun. Hard Sun is only played on the local rock station here but I could see Guaranteed crossing over to other mainstream radio stations if its given a chance.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    chikevin wrote:
    thoughts like this make me wonder, whether it's ed or PJ, in the court of public opinion, is anything from them a 'radio' song?

i say this b/c....while 'hard sun' has done well, if 'guaranteed' doesn't make it...at least for a few weeks...
    then there's really a problem.

There's really a problem with what?

I heard "Far Behind"- Ed's, not Candlebox on Sirius on Sunday. I never listen to regular radio so I can't answer that.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Guaranteed would not work on the rock stations i listen too. Its too soft. And it wouldn't play right on top forty stations either. i don't know where it would fit in. Its like an acoustic Celine Dion song sung by eddie vedder. Thats the vibe i get.. and thats why it isn't on the radio. That being said, I do like the song.
  • Guaranteed would not work on the rock stations i listen too. Its too soft. And it wouldn't play right on top forty stations either. i don't know where it would fit in. Its like an acoustic Celine Dion song sung by eddie vedder. Thats the vibe i get.. and thats why it isn't on the radio. That being said, I do like the song.

I'm pretty sure it would fit into the standard rock station format. If they play Jack Johnson etc, Guaranteed fits in too!

The song kind of loosely reminds me of 'time of your life/good riddance' by Green Day which is why i could see it being popular amongst the masses.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    http://www.yes.com I checked yesterday. Only said it was played on Vh1 and Fox News.
    I miss igotid88
  • CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Hard Sun plays in the Bay Area...well not really anymore...but Guaranteed is too folky for our local rock stations.

It could be playing on the adult contemporary stations and I just don't know about it.

Nevertheless...it's a great song on a great album IMO...and that's all that matters to me.

I think Ed has gotten plenty of recognition for this one...and deservedly so!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    does this mean there might be a radio promo of guaranteed kicking around? anyone heard of this, or are we thinking they'll be playing the album track?