Wisconsinites....

primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
edited May 2010 in The Porch
since there is no Alpine for the 7th year in a row, who will be traveleing to some shows?
Summerfest 7/8/95
Missoula 6/20/98
Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
Champaign 4/23/03
Alpine Valley 6/21/03
Missoula 8/29/05
Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
Grand Rapids 5/19/06
Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
Tampa 6/12/08
Chicago 8/23/09
Indy 5/7/10
Alpine Valley x2 2011
Wrigley 2013
Milwaukee 14
Telluride 16
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I would not be surprised if you guys got one on the back end of Europe. I'll be there when it does happen. Keep the faith my Wisconsin friends.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    I plan on travelling to probably IN and one OH show, maybe KC and St. Louis if I change some other travel plans. Thought about Buffalo, but that's a long shot for me.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Alpine Summer > Alpine May

thinking of going to Indy if I can get anyone to go with me...
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    06- Milwaukee-Summerfest w/ Tom Petty
    07- Lollapalooza - Chicago
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • Wisconsinites-

Ever wonder why they haven't rescheduled in your little winter wonderland? Having made the mistake of attending the EV show in Milwaukee '08, I wouldn't blame him if the closest he ever gets to the WI state line in the future is Wrigley Field. Please do not bring your rude and obnoxious behavior to our states when you visit for the PJ shows.
  • mini_tbmini_tb Posts: 420
    elvis47374 wrote:
    Wisconsinites-

Ever wonder why they haven't rescheduled in your little winter wonderland? Having made the mistake of attending the EV show in Milwaukee '08, I wouldn't blame him if the closest he ever gets to the WI state line in the future is Wrigley Field. Please do not bring your rude and obnoxious behavior to our states when you visit for the PJ shows.

Classy first post, man. You must be a better PJ fan than anyone from Wisconsin. What happened at that show was unfortunate and embarrassing, but do you know for a fact that all of the offending people were from Wisconsin?
    Glorified version of a pelican
    Seriously? I thought we had gotten passed this. There might have been a couple of douche bags that were from WI, but I HIGHLY doubt that all of them were. Without pointing fingers, next time you go to a show at Alpine, look at license plates. It's at least a 50/ 50 mix of WI and out of state plates. With Milwaukee and Alpine being close to the border both places get a lot of travelers.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I'm not even gonna comment about what somebody posted in this thread about the Ed Milwaukee show. :roll:

I had very rough nite sleeping thinking about well no Alpine but an Indy show. If I would do any shows that would be the only one. With work and now school in my life that's more important to me now. I guess I'm growing up alittle bit. And with my old tour buddy not being able to go I have no one to go with. Don't feel like driving alone and then driving back. I can maybe get Saturday off but I know I'll have to work early am on Sunday. I have no idea what I'll do.

And Wisconsin people like to have fun and all but were very respectful and very kind people. Unlike what some people think.

Ok I guess I am gonna comment about the Ed Milwaukee show. Having worked my ass off at the pre-party along with a few others. I was very upset and sad with the way SOME of the people at the show were acting. I sat 4th row on the left and could see it was getting to Ed. The show was great but maybe it would have been better had not Ed been pist off towards the end.

However it happened and we have moved on. I don't need to hear it or read about it again and not again from somebody's first post on here. Say what you want and do me a favor don't come back to Milwaukee if it still bothers you.
  • I'm heading to Indy! Drive on Friday during the day, then spend the night somewhere close the venue and check out a little of Indy on Saturday.

I'll hope for Soundgarden somewhere closer and maybe if I'm very lucky, Pearl Jam at Alpine.
    formerly jamestr - I took my profile picture at Alpine Valley during the RATM concert on 08/24/2007
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    And Wisconsin people like to have fun and all but were very respectful and very kind people. Unlike what some people think.
    Amen Patrick! Yea and unlike that guys first post- talk about rude to slam an entire state of fans cause one guy got a little out of hand.
    I too was at that show and their was a houseful of great people there. PJ will be back to Alpine soon, I was hoping too but I guess not in the cards for spring.
    pandora wrote:
    Amen Patrick! Yea and unlike that guys first post- talk about rude to slam an entire state of fans cause one guy got a little out of hand.
    I too was at that show and their was a houseful of great people there. PJ will be back to Alpine soon, I was hoping too but I guess not in the cards for spring.

I'm going with the theory that they will never come back to Alpine. Maybe if I keep thinking that then it will happen. Have to try something new I guess. lol

And I doubt that guy will come back and post in here again. I think Elvis has left the building. :lol:

But I hope he does. :twisted:
  • I'm shocked at how mad I got from reading one post from a guy who clearly just wanted to stir something up. I'm going to just try and ignore it. I think the truth of the matter is that Alpine is a nice place in the warmer months than those months that the weather is a tad more unpredictable in our beloved state.

Hopefully they come back around after Europe and we can all be there to show the band how much they are appreciated in this part of the country and what a special venue Alpine is. It's possible I'll get to the Indianapolis show but I doubt it as life is just too busy right now for a trip to see PJ.

Finally I think echoing Patrick's sentiment that if you don't like Milwaukee/Wisconsin STAY OUT OF IT is in order.

Peace to all the people here who realize that one person doesn't represent a state/group and that generally speaking Wisconsin is populated by a very friendly group of respectful people.
  • mini_tbmini_tb Posts: 420
    For the record, I'd love to see a Wisconsin show and have a beer with you much maligned, misunderstood Wisconsinites. Aside from Winnipeg and St. Paul, you are the next closest likely venue for me (albeit an 11 hour drive!!).
    Glorified version of a pelican
  • mini_tb wrote:
    For the record, I'd love to see a Wisconsin show and have a beer with you much maligned, misunderstood Wisconsinites. Aside from Winnipeg and St. Paul, you are the next closest likely venue for me (albeit an 11 hour drive!!).

Come on down, hey! I'll buy you a beer.
    mini_tb wrote:

Spotted Cow beer is the best. First one is on me. :)
  • benbomb3benbomb3 Posts: 71
    I'll be heading to Noblesville for sure. The dates aren't the most ideal for us WI people, but we have a show within driving distance so no complaints here.

I was at that show in Milwaukee too. The memories of the preparty, Ed's version of Arc that night, and meeting Ed before the show far outweigh the memories of the douchebags. Elvis can get off his high horse because WI has a lot to offer...just not to him.
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    elvis47374 wrote:
    Wisconsinites-

What a coincidence! Isn't this rude and obnoxious behavior????? ;)
    Whats the term for this? Oxymoron? Anyway was still a great show despite 2 idiots in the crowd.

And yes patrick Spotted Cow is the best!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • benbomb3 wrote:
    I'll be heading to Noblesville for sure. The dates aren't the most ideal for us WI people, but we have a show within driving distance so no complaints here.

I was at that show in Milwaukee too. The memories of the preparty, Ed's version of Arc that night, and meeting Ed before the show far outweigh the memories of the douchebags. Elvis can get off his high horse because WI has a lot to offer...just not to him.

Solid. I totally agree that the pros, far outweigh the cons from that show as well. It isn't like Milwaukee was the only stop that had hecklers etc.
  • at the pre-backspacer shows in chicago, ed made the comment about trying to book those shows at alpine, but they couldn't get it worked out. so i don't think they have forgot about you, it just hasn't fit in yet. i've got a feeling you will get yours soon enough- and i will look forward to making the trip.
    --
    in the meantime, come on down for the indy show.
    --
    and i'm partial to fat squirrel.
  • elvis47374 wrote:
    Wisconsinites-

Eat a dick you fucking idiot. Go find some other forum to troll too while you're at it. While there were some idiots at the Milwaukee ED show, it's not like there weren't hecklers and drunks at other venues either. The show it self was great and far outweighted the negatives that occurred.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Back on topic now....

I'm planning on Indy and Cleveland. The only thing that sucks is I can't really car pool with anyone from Wisconsin or Chicago because of that. :cry: I plan on crashing on friend's couches on the way as much as I can. Probably stopping just over the Indiana/Illinois border on Thursday night, doing Friday's show, and driving to Toledo the next day to stay with my little brother there. I'd go straight to Toledo rather then driving to Cleveland that afternoon, so it kind of rules out dropping somoene off in Cleveland. It's an extra hour and a half for me to do that.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,459
    Back on topic now....

I'm planning on Indy and Cleveland. The only thing that sucks is I can't really car pool with anyone from Wisconsin or Chicago because of that. :cry: I plan on crashing on friend's couches on the way as much as I can. Probably stopping just over the Indiana/Illinois border on Thursday night, doing Friday's show, and driving to Toledo the next day to stay with my little brother there. I'd go straight to Toledo rather then driving to Cleveland that afternoon, so it kind of rules out dropping somoene off in Cleveland. It's an extra hour and a half for me to do that.

inderfferentman... from Sheboygan... Alright! i grew up in Sheboygan... thats why i live in Madison now! Just kidding. Still the best brats in the world! Looks like Indy is the only show right now? I might make it to St. Louis? i dont know? The Eddie show was a mess but if anyone thinks that it came from only Wisconsin fans are idiots.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Finding it a bit hard living in WI as a MI transplant & a guy who hasn't had a drink in 9 years...please don't take that as a slam against my fine Wisconsinites. I think ignorant people just find it easier to slam than trying to understand. More power to everyone who likes an occasional beer...hell, I used to enjoy a few too many in my day. Made the choice to hang it up and focus on my family...

...which brings me to the question at the start of the thread. I'm planning to take in the Indy show. Would offer to take any and all of you along, but a vanload of screaming kids, and camping at my in-Laws with more screaming kids makes me think I'd have no takers!

Gotta leave you with this: saw a WI license plate near Brookfield recently: PRL JAM. What's not to love about a state with this PJ fan living here?
    Black73 wrote:

Gotta leave you with this: saw a WI license plate near Brookfield recently: PRL JAM. What's not to love about a state with this PJ fan living here?

Very cool!!! :D
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    My mom grew up in Wisconsin and when I was in like 1st or 2nd grade I was talking to a friend about our heritage. I said "I think I am part Wisconsin" .
    :lol::lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • We have a group of about 8 going down to Kansas City from the LaCrosse Area.....I just couldn't wait till the European tour to see them again!!!

Really looking forward to the Sprint Center Rocking all night long!!!!
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009 / Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009 / Sprint Center - May 03, 2010
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010 / Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    elvis47374 wrote:
    Wisconsinites-

You are an Ass-Hat my friend. I'm from Chicago and Wisconsin people are very polite and friendly. At that show it was probably some stupid cub fan that made the trip. To generalize an entire state is just idiotic. Sometimes PJ fans are really annoying.....
  • Fatal SmileFatal Smile Posts: 111
    shadowcast wrote:
    elvis47374 wrote:
    Wisconsinites-

You are an Ass-Hat my friend. I'm from Chicago and Wisconsin people are very polite and friendly. At that show it was probably some stupid cub fan that made the trip. To generalize an entire state is just idiotic. Sometimes PJ fans are really annoying.....

I totally agree with the "Ass-Hat" comments and I am from Minnesota. To be honest, of all the shows that I have travelled to Alpine Valley (not only PJ), I have found more of the wasted, annoyong people that are pre-partying have Illinois license plates. Except the group of people I met from Rockford at the Rage concert, the rest were annoying as hell.

I will be travelling from Mpls to MSG for the May 21st show, I can't wait to see BOH and PJ at the Greatest Indoor Venue in this country.
    CARPE DIEM!!

"Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there but there's much more than this. Woh see the world."

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"

"No need to be void, or save up on life. You got to spend it all"

Minneapolis 1998, St. Paul 2003, Alpine Valley 2003, Thunder Bay 2005, St. Paul 2006 I, St. Paul 2006 II, The Gorge I 2006, Hartford 2008, Mansfield I 2008, Mansfield II 2008, Chicago I 2009, EV Solo Minneapolis 2011, PJ 20 Alpine Valley I 2011, PJ 20 Alpine Valley II 2011, Wrigley 2013, Moline 2014, St. Paul 2014
    I am also a transplant to WI, and I describe WI as the land where people have a pre-tailgate to the actual tailgate. Just a bunch of fun people.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • spitzdogspitzdog Posts: 86
    Wisconsin born and raised here... .A buddy of mine just shared this with me :)

http://flowingdata.com/2010/03/02/where ... um=twitter
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Plan on going to just the Indy show, baring I can get tickets. Guess I'll have to leave work a little early on Monday.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14