MSG Tickets and Hotels

BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,296
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Considering travelling over for the MSG shows but it only makes sense finacially if I can get tickets for both nights whats the chances of that ?

Also anyone recommend any hotels ? Expedia looks very expensive if your after a single room
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RGarabed21RGarabed21 Posts: 467
    Theres a hotel called the New Yorker Hotel which is right around the block from MSG, ive stayed there before its pretty decent. Not sure about your price range though.

http://newyorkerhotel.com/index.html
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,296
    RGarabed21 wrote:
    Theres a hotel called the New Yorker Hotel which is right around the block from MSG, ive stayed there before its pretty decent. Not sure about your price range though.

thanks I had forgot how expensive NYC hotels are 3 nights = the price of the flight from Europe !
  • mrluthor9mrluthor9 Posts: 264
    If you book it now you could probably find a decent rate in NYC. Maybe the 10C will have hotel deals like they have now and did in Philly and they were pretty good. Come on over...the Big Apple is Beautiful in the Spring.
    All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives,.....choosing the shiny ones instead,......
  • YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    nyc is dangerous. foreigners are always getting murdered. i would suggest to stay ho me
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,296
    nyc is dangerous. foreigners are always getting murdered. i would suggest to stay ho me
    :) been before just forgot how expensive it was + the exchange rate is not so good
  • DPrival78DPrival78 Posts: 2,263
    you could always give priceline a shot.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Most of the murders take place around The Garden too!
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    Rats the size of horses
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520

I'm not sure if you're joking about this hotel, but I've stayed there and am warning anyone that you get what you pay for.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... _York.html
    uglybabo wrote:

I'm not sure if you're joking about this hotel, but I've stayed there and am warning anyone that you get what you pay for.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... _York.html
    i stay there for 2008 shows..all ok,no problem,,near the garden,near the metro..easy to et taxi..to eat..u are in theheart of Manchattan...what do u mean?not gonna married the place..stay a couple of days.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    RGarabed21 wrote:

...which believe it or not shares a stairway that gets you into the Hammerstein Ballroom/Manhattan Center. It's owned by the Mooney cult though - seriously, it is.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    Hotel Pennsylvania right across from the Garden... rooms are adequate.
    Hotel Pennsylvania right across from the Garden... rooms are adequate.
    1080 rooms if i remember well..
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Stay a little further away. You'll want to get around anyway, and it's pretty safe in most areas of mid-town... or at least it was 10 years ago when I worked there.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    The room I stayed at in Hotel Pennsylvania was a dump.
    Like someone said earlier, you get what you pay for.

I I score tickets to MSG II, I'm going with Priceline name your own price deal. The only really expensive thing you get stuck with is the parking.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    DPrival78 wrote:
    you could always give priceline a shot.

I have been trying for a few days now. Slowly inching up my bid and playing around with areas. My latest failure was as follows:

$166 for a 4 star in the "Times Square - Theatre District" for 5/20-5/23

I then tried 3.5 star for $136 in same area

then added "Madison Square Garden - Convention Area" and kicked it up to $141 for a 3.5 star.

NO DICE
  • DPrival78DPrival78 Posts: 2,263
    ponner1us wrote:
    The room I stayed at in Hotel Pennsylvania was a dump.
    Like someone said earlier, you get what you pay for.

really? i stayed there in '03, and the room was fine. granted, it was in a section of the hotel that had been recently renovated, or so i was told. but it was fine.. no complaints, and i could open the window and spit on the garden.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,845
    http://www.milburnhotel.com/

some of my deadhead friends stay at this place
    its on the upper west side, easy to get to from MSG
    room are around $185
    decent, nothing special, but clean and safe
  • phungiphungi Posts: 641
    anyone find a hotel on Priceline? if so, cost/location?
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
    last night I tried four star "times square" at $171 and no dice.

3 star in Chelsea and MSG area at $131 and no dice. Someone else needs to give something a shot and add some value here!
  • cuddlebugcuddlebug Posts: 38
    I would definitely check out hotwire.com - I have traveled to a couple of different cities and have always booked through them, same with a lot of my friends. You get a better deal if you wait until right before the shows (like a week or so out) but you can book anytime. The downside is you don't know what hotel you're getting until after you book - but you can pick the area you want to stay in and a 3 or 4 star hotel (and they have reviews) for under $100/night. Right now it looks like they are in the mid/high hundreds for that time, but if you wait a while it will probably go down. I think they are just trying to sell off rooms that haven't been booked yet which is how you get them so cheap. Either way, if I had to stay in a hotel for the MSG shows (which luckily I don't because I have friends there) that's definitely the way I would go. Hope that helps!
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    ponner1us wrote:

I I score tickets to MSG II, I'm going with Priceline name your own price deal. The only really expensive thing you get stuck with is the parking.

You can park in Jersey City and take the PATH train into the city. Much cheaper.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • There's a thread in the GTF forum for Priceline wins for this tour. Not much to report yet, but there may be more additions soon.

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=125418
  • schappschapp Posts: 160
    I'd recommend a hotel called La Quinta Inn, 32nd st between Broadway and 5th Ave (Korea Town). It's 2 blocks away from the garden and usually among the cheapest hotels around; always recommend it to my friends. Of course it isn't a luxury hotel, but decent enough. Gets booked well in advance, so I'd recommend making reservations and if you find something better, you can always cancel it.

Hope this helps
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    ive stayed at the stanford in korea-town last they were at msg, it was decent, pricelined for $120 and it is about 3 blocks from msg. for those that partake in extracurriculars there are ample parlors nearby.
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    schapp wrote:
    I'd recommend a hotel called La Quinta Inn, 32nd st between Broadway and 5th Ave (Korea Town). It's 2 blocks away from the garden and usually among the cheapest hotels around; always recommend it to my friends. Of course it isn't a luxury hotel, but decent enough. Gets booked well in advance, so I'd recommend making reservations and if you find something better, you can always cancel it.

Hope this helps

Could you send me a direct link to their website please??

thanks.
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    Have yet to book my flight from LA and have a question I hope someone could help me with. Without a car, which airport will be the best one to fly into and get on a subway or something to get to garden? My hotel is half mile away from garden and time (on thursday) is of the essence. A co-worker said Newark Airport, someone else said Laguardia. Please advise.
  • nyc is dangerous. foreigners are always getting murdered. i would suggest to stay ho me
    lol this is some funn shit. grow a sack
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Have yet to book my flight from LA and have a question I hope someone could help me with. Without a car, which airport will be the best one to fly into and get on a subway or something to get to garden? My hotel is half mile away from garden and time (on thursday) is of the essence. A co-worker said Newark Airport, someone else said Laguardia. Please advise.

JFK IMO. You'd take the AirTrain directly from the Airport to connect with the E train, and take it right into Penn Station. Here's a map:
    http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm look over to your far right in the middle. Hopstop says it takes about 1 hour 15 minutes.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008