Backspacer tour No Chicago?

2»

Comments

• Mitch8415 wrote:
    They played The Fixer, Got Some, and Supersonic at both shows.
    3 songs of singles out of 2 shows well I guess Chicago is good to go.
    Give me a break!
  • we are spoiled being Chicagoans, they did 2 shows last year and Eddie did 2 solo shows the year before.
    i'll hopefully make it to indy, if not, no biggie.
    i'll keep my fingers crossed for a fall tour. :mrgreen:

The 2 shows were before Backspacer even came out, and they barely played anything off the album.
  • corduroykellycorduroykelly Posts: 668
    edited March 2010
    jokertt14 wrote:
    Screw Chicago . u had your two nights in 2009 ... were is Detroit's show . selfish you are !! :lol::lol:

Who the hell would want to go to Detroit instead of Chicago? Detroit is a well not to nice of a city to go to.
    Post edited by corduroykelly on
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    we are spoiled being Chicagoans, they did 2 shows last year and Eddie did 2 solo shows the year before.

The 2 shows were before Backspacer even came out, and they barely played anything off the album.

So you want them to come all the way back to Chicago to play 7 songs they didn't play last year? It's that important you hear the new songs live?
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    jokertt14 wrote:
    Screw Chicago . u had your two nights in 2009 ... were is Detroit's show . selfish you are !! :lol::lol:

Who the hell would want to go to Detroit instead of Chicago? Detroit is a shit hole.

:lol::lol::lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Are you fucking serious with this topic? They haven't been to St. Louis since 2004. :roll:

What's their motivation to go to St.Louis? LOL
  • we are spoiled being Chicagoans, they did 2 shows last year and Eddie did 2 solo shows the year before.

So you want them to come all the way back to Chicago to play 7 songs they didn't play last year? It's that important you hear the new songs live?

Yes It is.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    we are spoiled being Chicagoans, they did 2 shows last year and Eddie did 2 solo shows the year before.

So? Buy some bootlegs if you want to hear Backspacer live.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • youngster wrote:

So? Buy some bootlegs if you want to hear Backspacer live.

I've done that but still want to see them live. Your actually comparing a bootleg to a live concert?
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576

I've done that but still want to see them live. Your actually comparing a bootleg to a live concert?

Not at all. No comparison. But you can't expect a band to unleash all their new songs in concert a month before the album drops. It's bad enough they have to worry about leaks on the internet. If they did play a ton of new songs, they would have held the bootlegs from being released which would have pissed off a whole bunch of other people. And knowing Chicago was a warm-up, I don't think many were expecting more than what they played. I was at the first show and was shocked they played Supersonic.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    youngster wrote:

Not at all. No comparison. But you can't expect a band to unleash all their new songs in concert a month before the album drops. It's bad enough they have to worry about leaks on the internet. If they did play a ton of new songs, they would have held the bootlegs from being released which would have pissed off a whole bunch of other people. And knowing Chicago was a warm-up, I don't think many were expecting more than what they played. I was at the first show and was shocked they played Supersonic.

That's why they should hit Chicago again.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • keelycankeelycan Posts: 409
    Let's all take a DEEP BREATHE here oooooooo...ahhhhhhh...oooooo..aaahhhhhhhh
    the boys will be back in chicago later this year no doubt about it !!!!!!!!!!!eddie needs his cubs fix.......
    Soldier Field 1995~Alpine Valley June I,II 1998~ United Center 2003~Alpine Valley 2003~Madison Square Garden I,II 2003~Toledo VFC 2004~Montreal 2005~Ottowa 2005~United Center I,II 2006~Cincinnati 2006~Summerfest I,II 2006~The Vic Theatre 2007~Lollapalooza 2007~Bonnaroo 2008~United Center I,II 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2008~Austin City Limits 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2011~Alpine Valley Sep 03,04 2011~Wrigley Field 2013~Seattle 2013
  • theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    What happened to coming back to Alpine in 2004?! He said that seven f'in years ago!! That said, I may hold out to see if they hit Alpine or Chicago this fall.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    KK15313 wrote:
    What happened to coming back to Alpine in 2004?! He said that seven f'in years ago!! That said, I may hold out to see if they hit Alpine or Chicago this fall.

Let's face it they are never coming back to Alpine. But I'm sure they will play Chicago and play that shitty United Center again.
  • theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    KK15313 wrote:
    Let's face it they are never coming back to Alpine. But I'm sure they will play Chicago and play that shitty United Center again.

I can live with that. Had great seats last year, and discovered the Billy Goat Tavern & Grill.
  • phardinphardin Posts: 133
    They didn't announce a Chicago date because they're playing...Lollapalooza.

Think about it...
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    KK15313 wrote:
    KK15313 wrote:

I can live with that. Had great seats last year, and discovered the Billy Goat Tavern & Grill.

That's wonderful for you then.
  • Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    edited March 2010
    Post edited by Dark Star on
  • Kevinman wrote:
    youngster wrote:

That's why they should hit Chicago again.

Exactly!
  • phardin wrote:
    They didn't announce a Chicago date because they're playing...Lollapalooza.

Think about it...

Lollapalooza blows it's 100,000 people to play all of the Pearl Jam hits only for, and no Ten club tickets.

Fuck Lollapalooza!