Pearl Jam tour announcement PLUS CoCo tour...

drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Awesoem day...

goto teamcoco.com for tour info on Conan if you're interested... tix on sale now!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    Jay Leno got screwed by Conan, just saying.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    4Powers20 wrote:
    You mean the other way around, right?
  • No way, Conan forced Leno into the crappy Tonight Show gig!
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Today is heaven!!

June 6th at Mohegan Sun!! Can't wait!!

Pearl Jam dates + CoCo dates = one of the best days EVER!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    drsluggo wrote:
    4Powers20 wrote:

no, I wrote it right.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Newch91 wrote:
    Today is heaven!!

This is turning out to be a pretty awesome day!
  • jam jrjam jr Posts: 11
    Team CoCo, I love it, should be awesome
    4Powers20 wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:
    4Powers20 wrote:

no, I wrote it right.
    You can't drink that much before noon... it makes you say crazy things!
  • theboxerorthebagtheboxerorthebag Posts: 1,774
    edited March 2010
    No way, Conan forced Leno into the crappy Tonight Show gig!

Leno is bad no matter what time slot he has.
    Post edited by theboxerorthebag on
    Newch91 wrote:
    Today is heaven!!

This is turning out to be a pretty awesome day!

If I my spring break was going to be next week, I'd say this is a pretty great way to start spring break. I'm on spring break right now and this is going to be a pretty good way to close it off.

March 11, 2010 will go down as one of the best days for me.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • serpent boyserpent boy Posts: 372
    Amazing day. :)

I just got box seats for CoCo's show in Washington, D.C.!
    00: Va Beach, 03: Bristow, 04: Reading, 05: Atlantic City 2x
    06: Camden, Washington DC, 08: Va Beach, Washington DC
    09: Philly 2+3, 10: Bristow, 11: East Troy PJ20 1+2, 13: Baltimore, Charlottesville
    drsluggo wrote:

5 years ago, Conan went to the NBC bosses and said I want the 11:30 spot or I am leaving and going to another network that will give me the 11:30 spot. NBC didnt want to compete against Conan and didnt think Leno's numbers would last that much longer. So they tell him that they will give him the Tonight Show in 5 years. 5 years go by and Leno Is still number 1. So they are forced to take Leno off the Tonight Show and give it to Conan. But they know if they let Leno leave he will go to another network and they would have to compete with him. They dont want to do this because Jay has proven he can bring in the best numbers. So they stick him at 10pm. Months go by and Conan is losing to Letterman every night. So they correct the problem by giving Leno back the tonight show.

So is Jay the bad guy for taking back the show he didnt want to leave in the first place? or is Conan the bad guy for demanding someone else's job?

4Powers20 wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:

So is Jay the bad guy for taking back the show he didnt want to leave in the first place? or is Conan the bad guy for demanding someone else's job?
    Jay Leno accepted the idea that he would leave the show when he signed that contract. Jay Leno accepted a 10 O'Clock show and failed. Jay Leno took the old job back without a fight and used the fact that his own show's failing ratings hurt Conan's ratings to take it back.
  • pjsycopjsyco Posts: 646
    Sorry, but I don't think Conan O' Brien is funny in any way at all, or Leno for that matter. Always been partial to Letterman.
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    4Powers20 wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:

5 years ago, Conan went to the NBC bosses and said I want the 11:30 spot or I am leaving and going to another network that will give me the 11:30 spot. NBC didnt want to compete against Conan and didnt think Leno's numbers would last that much longer. So they tell him that they will give him the Tonight Show in 5 years. 5 years go by and Leno Is still number 1. So they are forced to take Leno off the Tonight Show and give it to Conan. But they know if they let Leno leave he will go to another network and they would have to compete with him. They dont want to do this because Jay has proven he can bring in the best numbers. So they stick him at 10pm. Months go by and Conan is losing to Letterman every night. So they correct the problem by giving Leno back the tonight show.

If Leno didn't say he didn't want to do the show forever and didn't agree to what you stated 5 years ago, you would have a point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGM4FdG_NMA

Anyway, I'm psyched I got tix for Conan today.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Dissident67Dissident67 Posts: 568
    4Powers20 wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:

Conan didn't demand the 1130 time slot 5 years ago. He was ready to leave and NBC and came back to him and said stay around for 5 years and you can have the tonight show, so Conan agreed. I think your right this isn't Jay's fault, it is only NBCs fault for trying to hold on to both of them
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • theboxerorthebagtheboxerorthebag Posts: 1,774
    edited March 2010
    Just got my CoCoticket for Seattle. woohoo!
    Post edited by theboxerorthebag on
  • Mr DerpMr Derp Posts: 319
    Nice. Just got my ticket for Philly.
    Just got my CoCoticket for Seattle. woohoo!

Me Too! :D
  • mikesbrimikesbri Posts: 965
    Tks for update..I just got Massey Hall Toronto.
    Was this just a quick announcement and sale of tickets?
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
    mikesbri wrote:
    Yeah - as far as I can tell the tix were on sale the second they announced it.
    mikesbri wrote:

yeah, pretty sure everything was announced today.
    It's NBC and Jay's fault. It's NBC's fault because Jeff Zucker doesn't know what the fuck he's doing at all. Jay's fault for not saying, "No, this is Conan's time and I don't want to ruin anything" and not leaving TV and just do his stand up somewhere. He didn't have to stay on TV. So, his show's ratings hurt the local news ratings, which hurt Conan's ratings.
  • fanofzsfanofzs Posts: 508
    Thanks bud. I just purchased tickets for Conan in Boulder, CO. Sweet. I saw the Tonight Show during PJs Cali shows late last year. A fun time.
    fanofzs wrote:
    Thanks bud. I just purchased tickets for Conan in Boulder, CO. Sweet. I saw the Tonight Show during PJs Cali shows late last year. A fun time.
    Me too on seeing it during the PJ show stint. So glad I did it since it obviously didn't last like it should have.
  • fanofzsfanofzs Posts: 508
    drsluggo wrote:
    fanofzs wrote:
    Me too on seeing it during the PJ show stint. So glad I did it since it obviously didn't last like it should have.

Cool. Did you have to sit through the Backstreet Boys at the end, like me? :|
  • Lisa.Lisa. Posts: 8
    Just got tickets for Philly!
    fanofzs wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:
    fanofzs wrote:

Cool. Did you have to sit through the Backstreet Boys at the end, like me? :|
    Haha no... we had Jason Bateman, the chick from one of the Disney shows and a country singer i can't remember now. It was a lot of fun though - definitely worth the effort and whatnot.
    Newch91 wrote:
    It's NBC and Jay's fault. It's NBC's fault because Jeff Zucker doesn't know what the fuck he's doing at all. Jay's fault for not saying, "No, this is Conan's time and I don't want to ruin anything" and not leaving TV and just do his stand up somewhere. He didn't have to stay on TV. So, his show's ratings hurt the local news ratings, which hurt Conan's ratings.

And it's Conan's fault for accepting a NBC's offer when Jay Leno was still dominating the ratings. Did Conan say "Well Jay is still number one , so I cant take his job. Obviously he still wants to work since he is taking his show to 10pm. I dont want to be the one who forces Jay out, I will go to another network."

you can like Conan more than Jay, that is fine. But dont think Conan is the good guy in this whole thing, because he is not. If anyone is , it's jay. he did what his boss told him to do 5 years ago, even though he didnt want to and remained loyal to the company. his loyalty was rewarded with a 10pm show. then when Conan didnt bring in the numbers that jay did, NBC fixed their mistake and gave the show back to Jay, who didnt want to leave in the first place.

4Powers20 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

And it's Conan's fault for accepting a NBC's offer when Jay Leno was still dominating the ratings. Did Conan say "Well Jay is still number one , so I cant take his job. Obviously he still wants to work since he is taking his show to 10pm. I dont want to be the one who forces Jay out, I will go to another network."
    so Conan is the bad guy for wanting Jay and NBC to follow through on their agreements? That is insane logic... are you actually Jay Leno right now posting here? Because I think he's the only one in the country that feels like Conan is the bad guy.