PJ song for Hannity????!!!

Jamily420Jamily420 Posts: 6
edited March 2010 in The Porch
i was stuck listening to the Sean Hannity show on 77 ABC here in NY. coming back from commercials i heard the intro to Alive. Did anyone else notice this? Does the band know that the station used Alive? something tells me that PJ wouldnt be too happy with that
Jamily420
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJSkankPJSkank Posts: 3
    i would rather gouge my ears out with hot pokers than listen to that turd.
  • dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 387
    sounds like my cup of tea! hannity and pearl jam. there are probably many more of us than people know...those who eat, sleep, and breathe pearl jam but COMPLETELY disagree with them about almost everything political.

just glad i live in a country where I can have both my views and my pearl jam!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,258
    edited March 2010
    Fuck that i never ever listen or watch the douche .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • EvoLukinEvoLukin Posts: 188
    dwjmu84 wrote:
    sounds like my cup of tea! hannity and pearl jam. there are probably many more of us than people know...those who eat, sleep, and breathe pearl jam but COMPLETELY disagree with them about almost everything political.

I approve this message.
    "Smelly Velvet"-EV on Stone's velvet shorts(ATL 94)

Atlanta,GA 1994 1&2
    N.Charleston, SC 1996
    Greenville, SC 1998
    Atlanta, GA 2000
    Columbia, SC 2008
    EV(2009) - Atlanta 1
  • slingsling Posts: 169
    I think this has already been covered, when discussing the use of Pearl Jam with torture... :o
    Same thing, right?
  • NoCode_inMTNoCode_inMT Posts: 551
    Jamily420 wrote:
    i was stuck listening to the Sean Hannity show on 77 ABC here in NY. coming back from commercials i heard the intro to Alive. Did anyone else notice this? Does the band know that the station used Alive? something tells me that PJ wouldnt be too happy with that
    Jamily420

Prob the board op at the radio station.
    Hannity's show is syndicated, the local station's comercials run out a few seconds before the "live feed" comes back. Hannity has nothing to do with it.
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    dwjmu84 wrote:

Yep, you are not alone!!
  • wnh1977wnh1977 Posts: 618
    dwjmu84 wrote:

Hannity is your cup of tea, eh? Wow. Those riveting Hannity/Palin interviews... just wow.
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006: 5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
    2024: 5/18, 6/29
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489

You mean this douche: http://douche.ws/ :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • PJ5a1PJ5a1 Posts: 446
    EvoLukin wrote:
    dwjmu84 wrote:

I approve this message.

I also approve this message as well.
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H

You mean this douche: http://douche.ws/ :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I approve this website :)
  • Hugo ReyesHugo Reyes Posts: 244
    EvoLukin wrote:
    dwjmu84 wrote:

I approve this message.

add me to the list of approvals.
  • nocodeboynocodeboy Posts: 11
    Add me too
    I knew all the rules...but the rules did not know me
  • EvoLukinEvoLukin Posts: 188
    ObamaDouche.png:lol::lol::lol:
    "Smelly Velvet"-EV on Stone's velvet shorts(ATL 94)

Atlanta,GA 1994 1&2
    N.Charleston, SC 1996
    Greenville, SC 1998
    Atlanta, GA 2000
    Columbia, SC 2008
    EV(2009) - Atlanta 1
  • if you like hannity, and like pearl jam too, you clearly have virtually zero intelligence and even less integrity. they are so polar opposite on the scale of right and wrong, good and evil, that there's no way you can understand what both are saying, and still like both. and if you agree with 10% or more of what hannity says, i truly feel sorry for you. it's your right to do so, no doubt. but i'm extremely sad for you and your parents, and i pray that you don't produce offspring. seriously.
    if you like hannity, and like pearl jam too, you clearly have virtually zero intelligence and even less integrity. they are so polar opposite on the scale of right and wrong, good and evil, that there's no way you can understand what both are saying, and still like both. and if you agree with 10% or more of what hannity says, i truly feel sorry for you. it's your right to do so, no doubt. but i'm extremely sad for you and your parents, and i pray that you don't produce offspring. seriously.

no need to feel sorry for me man. i have a wonderful life, and, in spite of my "zero intelligence" i've got an amazing job working for one of our government "agencies". i see and know more than you ever will about the world, and i manage to keep an open mind about things, regardless of my opinions, thoughts, and political views. you, on the other hand, are actually what pearl jam probably do not want as part of their fanbase. i seem to remember ed saying something during vh1 storytellers about being ok with the fact that some of their fans have different views, but imploring that everybody do what they can to heighten the dialogue so to speak and bring about positive change. i believe i am doing just that each and every day in my life, or at least i try to!

btw...if you truly believe that your politics must fall in line with their's to still enjoy the aesthetic orgasm that is pearl jam's MUSIC......well my friend you have A LOT to learn about life. nothing but the best to ya!
  • dwjmu84 wrote:
    if you like hannity, and like pearl jam too, you clearly have virtually zero intelligence and even less integrity. they are so polar opposite on the scale of right and wrong, good and evil, that there's no way you can understand what both are saying, and still like both. and if you agree with 10% or more of what hannity says, i truly feel sorry for you. it's your right to do so, no doubt. but i'm extremely sad for you and your parents, and i pray that you don't produce offspring. seriously.

no need to feel sorry for me man. i have a wonderful life, and, in spite of my "zero intelligence" i've got an amazing job working for one of our government "agencies".

oh, you're a government worker. that explains it.
    dwjmu84 wrote:

no need to feel sorry for me man. i have a wonderful life, and, in spite of my "zero intelligence" i've got an amazing job working for one of our government "agencies".

oh, you're a government worker. that explains it.

typical from somebody who has nothing to say really. a trite response that only implies something but misses the point of this discussion. wht do you do? you're posts make me think you're around the age of 16.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    regardless of where you stand politically how can anyone watch hannity or beck? Or olberman or maddow for that matter... all these pundits are high school speech team dorks on serious power trips

get your news from someone with some shred of dignity and objectivity... for the love of god

even if the media outside of fox is dangerously "liberal" :roll:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    regardless of where you stand politically how can anyone watch hannity or beck? Or olberman or maddow for that matter... all these pundits are high school speech team dorks on serious power trips

get your news from someone with some shred of dignity and objectivity... for the love of god

i never, ever said i get my news from hannity. i did say that i try and keep and open mind about things. i watch hannity mostly for entertainment purposes.....as a more liberal individual would prob watch maddow/olberman for the same reason. fox/msnb/cnn all have their flaws, so i generally get my news from my own investigation (a la real clear politics, which lists articles from the left, right, and the middle).

and yes, you cannot deny that the media tends to make it easier on liberals/democrats. anyway, regardless of what i believe, backspacer_backer's post just illustrates his ignorance. he's essentially made himself a non-factor in this discussion.
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    At my old office, I used to eat lunch with a few people and each week we'd take turns driving. Well one of my friends used to listen to Rush Limbaugh all the time and we would all be bsing in the car so it didn't really matter what he had on, but for the week after self-titled came out Rush would come out from commercial to Worldwide Suicide. I'm not even kidding. Just thought it was a very odd choice of music for him.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Jamily420 wrote:
    Jamily420

Haha, this would be like hearing Toby Keith playing during Olberman :D
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    dwjmu84 wrote:

What I wanna know is, how did you hold yourself back from posting for 10 years?

And one other question just out of curiousity. Not trying to start shit or anything: Did you even buy Riot Act? Coz considering what you said above, I don't see the reason why you should have bothered paying money for that album.

RIOT ACT FUCKING ROCKS by the way :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • if you like hannity, and like pearl jam too, you clearly have virtually zero intelligence and even less integrity. they are so polar opposite on the scale of right and wrong, good and evil, that there's no way you can understand what both are saying, and still like both. and if you agree with 10% or more of what hannity says, i truly feel sorry for you. it's your right to do so, no doubt. but i'm extremely sad for you and your parents, and i pray that you don't produce offspring. seriously.

Hannity and FOX news are no doubt pure nonsense. But the OP can listen to PJ while still liking Hannity. Since when are 'Black', 'Release', 'Nothinman', 'Just Breathe', 'Yellow Ledbetter', etc. political songs? The OP doesnt have to like 'Glorified G', 'Green Disease' and 'Even Flow' to like PJ.

As for Hannity himself and his evil FOX news propoganda mongers, I am shocked at the bias they dispense on a daily basis. They seem to prey on the uneducated by giving them hearsay as facts and they are dead focused on promoting the views of Christianity. Last I checked the USA does not have a national religion and FOX should be ashamed for promoting one religion over all the rest, as this country is full of different ethnic groups/religious factions. For once, I'd like Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam and the Jewish faith to get equal representation on this bias channel. The only time this channel mentions Islam is when they speak of terrorism and I can't even remember the last time I saw any pro Hindu or Jewish programming either.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    dwjmu84 wrote:

i never, ever said i get my news from hannity. i did say that i try and keep and open mind about things. i watch hannity mostly for entertainment purposes.....as a more liberal individual would prob watch maddow/olberman for the same reason. fox/msnb/cnn all have their flaws, so i generally get my news from my own investigation (a la real clear politics, which lists articles from the left, right, and the middle).

and yes, you cannot deny that the media tends to make it easier on liberals/democrats. anyway, regardless of what i believe, backspacer_backer's post just illustrates his ignorance. he's essentially made himself a non-factor in this discussion.

Therein lies the problem. Watching "news" for entertainmetn.
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,668
    dwjmu84 wrote:

9757973 Please believe exactly what your favorite band thinks. Everyone knows that no one is more qualified to understand politics than rich musicians.
    Smellyman wrote:
    That brings up a valid point. Way too many little lefties get their "news" from John Stewart, who may be the most politically biased person on TV. That is a scary thought.

Always reminds me of the story when Bush sent in aircraft carriers to the tsunami, and Stewart jokes that "the tusnami wasn't enough, now Bush wants to bomb them!". The story ended there. He forgot to mention that the nuclear reactors on the ships could send power to shore, and the ships had extensive hospitals.
    edited March 2010
    MG79478 wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:
    That brings up a valid point. Way too many little lefties get their "news" from John Stewart, who may be the most politically biased person on TV. That is a scary thought.

Always reminds me of the story when Bush sent in aircraft carriers to the tsunami, and Stewart jokes that "the tusnami wasn't enough, now Bush wants to bomb them!". The story ended there. He forgot to mention that the nuclear reactors on the ships could send power to shore, and the ships had extensive hospitals.

There is a vast difference here. Jon Stewart never claims to be 'fair and balanced' nor does he claim to be a 'News Program' he is comedy and social comment and makes no secret of his left wing bias - however, even nutters like Bill O'Reilly credit him as being a fair mainstream leftist, not an extremist from the far left. However, I find him to be quite logical, respectful and fair in his analysis, interviews and his comedy. The aircraft carrier joke is not a good example to use as this was obviously a joke - not news analysis.

What is of concern is that someone would watch The Daily Show for 'news' and Jon Stewart also makes this point. However, Fox claims to be fair an balanced news when nothing could be further from the truth. The fact people watch Fox News for news is the most concerning.
    Post edited by Paul Andrews on
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    dwjmu84 wrote:

What I wanna know is, how did you hold yourself back from posting for 10 years?

And one other question just out of curiousity. Not trying to start shit or anything: Did you even buy Riot Act? Coz considering what you said above, I don't see the reason why you should have bothered paying money for that album.

RIOT ACT FUCKING ROCKS by the way :D

hahaha. well i used to post on the synergy board all the time back in the day under "cropduster". yes, i was the original cropduster! i don't know, i guess one of the reasons is....well, i was always lambasted for my political views and i thought, "why can't people just accept that others have different ideas and opinions and deal with that instead of asking me 'how the hell can you believe that?'".

kind of drove me away for a while. i see not much has changed. look, im not going to get into a diatribe as to why i listen to/watch certain news outlets. i don't have to justify what i do to anybody frankly. as for your question about riot act; im 26 years old...i fell in love with pearl jam at the age of 11 by hearing even flow. you must understand that my affection for them has to do ENTIRELY with the MUSIC. i could care less about what they believe politically. i've put up with ed's rants at numerous shows and on boots and in the news all these years b/c i have to remind myself that im in it for the music. not even that, but as somebody mentioned earlier, a good chunk of their songs are not politically driven. i hope people can understand this.

NOW WHO'S READY FOR SOME TOUR NEWS?
    MG79478 wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:

There is a vast difference here. Jon Stewart never claims to be 'fair and balanced' nor does he claim to be a 'News Program' he is comedy and social comment and makes no secret of his left wing bias. However, I find him to be quite logical, respectful and fair in his analysis, interviews and his comedy. The aircraft carrier joke is not a good example to use as this was obviously a joke - not news analysis.

What is of concern is that someone would watch The Daily Show for 'news' and Jon Stewart also makes this point. However, Fox claims to be fair an balanced news when nothing could be further from the truth. The fact people watch Fox News for news is the most concerning.

How do you feel about the fact that more people watch Fox than any other cable news outlet? We must all be crazy here in America right? hmm come to think of it, we (collectively) also voted for Obama. how do you feel about that contradiction. You can't have it both ways brother.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    dwjmu84 wrote:

no need to feel sorry for me man. i have a wonderful life, and, in spite of my "zero intelligence" i've got an amazing job working for one of our government "agencies". i see and know more than you ever will about the world, and i manage to keep an open mind about things, regardless of my opinions, thoughts, and political views. you, on the other hand, are actually what pearl jam probably do not want as part of their fanbase. i seem to remember ed saying something during vh1 storytellers about being ok with the fact that some of their fans have different views, but imploring that everybody do what they can to heighten the dialogue so to speak and bring about positive change. i believe i am doing just that each and every day in my life, or at least i try to!

btw...if you truly believe that your politics must fall in line with their's to still enjoy the aesthetic orgasm that is pearl jam's MUSIC......well my friend you have A LOT to learn about life. nothing but the best to ya!
    :claps: :claps:

good for you
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?