Pittsburgh - Pearl Jam's forgotten city

2»

Comments

• bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    I am thrilled with the dates and venues announced today.

To see Pittsburgh added as one of the TBA would just make for a simply amazing Birthday/Anniversary month.

Either way the sun is shinning the snow is almost gone and I have shows to look forward to. It doesn't get any better than this :D

Starlake vs. Mellon Arena - Who cares just come to the the burgh!
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • RockMamaRockMama Posts: 478
    Looks like you'll have to go to Cleveland and Buffalo.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    Been lucky enough to see PJ in both cities before and neither are really a drive so I'm happy.
    Its a good day :P
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    i am severely disappointed i got teased by pj about these possible shows :( PLEASE add pittsburgh!!!
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
    I'd be really surprised if they only play one show between 5/10 and 5/15, and Pittsburgh would make sense geographically on the 12th. We'll see...
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    gndcd402 wrote:
    i am severely disappointed i got teased by pj about these possible shows :( PLEASE add pittsburgh!!!

I'm thinking fall maybe, you said that you just now heard about them getting that mail? Doubt it would be a date in the next few months, but just think, the longer we wait, the more excited us, and the band will be when they do show up, meaning a better show... but ya i wish it woulda been on the schedule too :(
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    bionicamy wrote:

A Pittsburgh show between Buffalo and Bristow would have to be at Star Lake as the Penguins could still be playing in May. Can't have any shows scheduled at the arena during the playoffs.
  • Pittsburgh friends,

I know you're disappointed that PJ isn't coming to your city this time around, but please, come join us in Columbus. My friend and his wife are coming in from the Burgh, maybe you can get a ride with them. He drives a Malibu, so I'm not sure how many he can fit, but PM me and I'll give you his name, number, pics (face and genitals), and his social security number. Anyway, it's going to be a great time. Nationwide Arena is in a fun, vibrant area of Columbus with many bars and restaurants. Oh, and my friend's wife will give BJ's for a dollar, if you're into that sort of thing.

Love,

Me
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    NeilJam wrote:
    A Pittsburgh show between Buffalo and Bristow would have to be at Star Lake as the Penguins could still be playing in May. Can't have any shows scheduled at the arena during the playoffs.

Not necessarily. I'm pretty sure playoff dates are set in stone, regardless of what teams play them. MSG, HSBC, Nationwide, and TD Garden are all hockey arenas (and the Q is a basketball arena).

I'd LOVE to see Star Lake though. What are the chances of Pittsburgh being added 5/12?
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
    edited March 2010
    NeilJam wrote:
    bionicamy wrote:

Yanni played at Mellon last year during the playoffs
    3686333500_141cef394e.jpg
    Post edited by gndcd402 on
    Pittsburgh friends,

I know you're disappointed that PJ isn't coming to your city this time around, but please, come join us in Columbus. My friend and his wife are coming in from the Burgh, maybe you can get a ride with them. He drives a Malibu, so I'm not sure how many he can fit, but PM me and I'll give you his name, number, pics (face and genitals), and his social security number. Anyway, it's going to be a great time. Nationwide Arena is in a fun, vibrant area of Columbus with many bars and restaurants. Oh, and my friend's wife will give BJ's for a dollar, if you're into that sort of thing.

Love,

Me
    :lol: in all seriousness im thinking about columbus....definitely cleveland though.
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I'm going to Cleveland and either Columbus or Bristow. Bristow is outside, but I have a place to stay in Columbus. Hm...
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Seeing this makes me think of Spinal Tap. Eddie! Wrong town we are in Cleveland....
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
    drew0 wrote:
    I'm going to Cleveland and either Columbus or Bristow. Bristow is outside, but I have a place to stay in Columbus. Hm...
    carpool to cleveland and columbus dude!