Boston

-Q--Q- Posts: 169
edited March 2010 in The Porch
TD Garden May 17 and 18.....that's what i've heard
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Interesting.

I figured we would start getting some leaks today.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • mcthudmcthud Posts: 366
    Thuddy like. Thuddy like a lot.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    -Q- wrote:

That would be ideal for me. Hope you're right!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Sounds good to me. It would be better outdoors, but we take what we can get.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    Guess they think the C's and B's will be bowing out early - the B's are a given but the C's could still be playing....

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    i really don't want to bitch

but a monday and a tuesday?

put the shitty cities on the weekend ;)
  • I love when it's a garden show! the train is my designated driver!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679

the thinking there is Boston will sell out either way so play a city on the weekend that might not sell as well.....

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

someone call and ask if there will be VIP for PJ

VIP TICKETING
    Become a Garden VIP
    Call 617.624.1VIP (1847)

Treat your family, friends, clients, prospects and yourself to the best live event experience in town!

The TD Garden VIP Ticketing Department has limited unique ticket packages for all upcoming TD Garden concerts, shows, sports match-ups and national events. Ticket packages vary for each event. In the past, packages have included such amenities as event-themed VIP parties with a buffet dinner before the show, special band/event merchandise, floor tickets close to the stage, individual suite tickets, and event related CDs and DVDs. TD Garden VIP Tickets are also available for the Bruins and Celtics regular season and playoff games.
  • -Q--Q- Posts: 169

every night is Saturday night when your seeing PJ
    someone call and ask if there will be VIP for PJ

VIP TICKETING
    Become a Garden VIP
    Call 617.624.1VIP (1847)

Treat your family, friends, clients, prospects and yourself to the best live event experience in town!

The TD Garden VIP Ticketing Department has limited unique ticket packages for all upcoming TD Garden concerts, shows, sports match-ups and national events. Ticket packages vary for each event. In the past, packages have included such amenities as event-themed VIP parties with a buffet dinner before the show, special band/event merchandise, floor tickets close to the stage, individual suite tickets, and event related CDs and DVDs. TD Garden VIP Tickets are also available for the Bruins and Celtics regular season and playoff games.

No answer. :-/

the thinking there is Boston will sell out either way so play a city on the weekend that might not sell as well.....

excellent point...

still sucks
  • yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    i've heard similar information :]
  • i really don't want to bitch

excellent point...

still sucks

no it doesn't....Monday, tuesday shows mean all the Joe six pacs will be home in bed...we will have the city to ourselves!!! :twisted: :twisted:
  • Running In The DarkRunning In The Dark Posts: 691
    edited March 2010
    -Q- wrote:

Very true. Followed by MSG on the 20th and 21st ;)
    Post edited by Running In The Dark on
    107 Shows and counting
  • RVM MFCRVM MFC Posts: 50
    If you could only hit one do you do 1st night or 2nd?? don't most people think the 2nd night are usually the stronger?
    Just got someone at TD VIP ticketing.

"It hasn't been officially announced yet, so as of this second we don't have anything to offer. Try back in a couple of hours or tomorrow morning."
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    mcthud wrote:

"It hasn't been officially announced yet, so as of this second we don't have anything to offer. Try back in a couple of hours or tomorrow morning."

This is very encouraging.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    -Q- wrote:

every night is Saturday night when your seeing PJ

This.

I've never really sat back and thought about which day of the week shows fall on. As a matter of fact, out of the 35 shows I've been to, I couldn't tell you if any of them were on a Friday or Saturday night.
  • Boston Loves PJ...it's one of their top 3 markets...it wouldn't make sense if they DIDN'T come visit!
  • Sweet! party at my place before/after. I looking at the Garden right now through my kitchen window, it's beautiful really. :D
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    mcthud wrote:
    You might just have gotten someone filling in. Couple hours or tomorrow morning might just mean the guy who really knows something got wasted last night and banged out of work today.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    mcthud wrote:

nice work
    mcthud wrote:
    You might just have gotten someone filling in. Couple hours or tomorrow morning might just mean the guy who really knows something got wasted last night and banged out of work today.

It's entirely possible. It was said very matter-of-factly and with no hint of wink-wink, nudge-nudge. Could be sometihng, could be an intern. We'll see.
  • Sweet! party at my place before/after. I looking at the Garden right now through my kitchen window, it's beautiful really. :D

pre-party at your crib fo sho!!....don't worry...smoke detectors don't detect my kind of smoke! :mrgreen:
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    I had started to doubt this tour would ever happen and that if it did it would be a 2 or 3 week run in the South around Jazz Fest. I never really thought about them coming to Boston! Wicked excited, yo.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    Sweet! party at my place before/after. I looking at the Garden right now through my kitchen window, it's beautiful really. :D

making real promises??? :o:o :shock: 8-)

see you there!!!
    mcthud wrote:
    mcthud wrote:

It's entirely possible. It was said very matter-of-factly and with no hint of wink-wink, nudge-nudge. Could be sometihng, could be an intern. We'll see.

call back and say

"You don't understand... I'm a VIP... and I have a lot of money that I need to spend today for tax reasons"

;)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,702

If these dates are accurate, it may well be because of the possibility of playoffs, NBA would want the arena held for a possible Friday or Sunday game, NHL would want a Thursday and Saturday slot held (although we know the Bruins will be long gone by then), so Monday & Tues in May are by that reasoning logical.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Tweeter is so much better for tailgating. Easier to take the green line in and get the hell out, admittedly, but no pre-game tailgating???