A little hope for Toronto!

JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I was listening to one of the Toronto boots (can't remember from which concert because I had it on random on my Ipod) but Eddie say's that he'd cross the border for us anytime! So pleeeeaassseee cross the border for us, I don't care when or where just do it! :D
If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    not to crush your dreams or anything, but in 2003 he told Alpine "see you next year."
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    Jukee wrote:
    I was listening to one of the Toronto boots (can't remember from which concert because I had it on random on my Ipod) but Eddie say's that he'd cross the border for us anytime! So pleeeeaassseee cross the border for us, I don't care when or where just do it! :D
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    not to crush your dreams or anything, but in 2003 he told Alpine "see you next year."

Eddie wouldn't lie to me :D
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928

He also told us in Camden in '08 that Mike would buy everyone beer the next night. Mike later chimed in that he'd buy half, and it'd be non-alcoholic... but I still think I would have seen a lot of people walking around w/ their free O'Douls and didn't see a one!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Jukee wrote:

What you laughing at?
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    the birdie said america

pretty sure canada is not in america

:)
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    the birdie said america

Well technically, Canada is on the American continent, so...
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
    the birdie said america

USA and Canada are both in North America. Maybe they weren't being specific.
    Jukee wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Jukee wrote:

What you laughing at?
    The fact that you are taking something Ed said in concert at face value. Remember in 2003 when he went on his little rant about how Toronto was one of their favourite cities to play and that the band was going to do a small tour of their favourite cities the following year and Toronto would be be among them? He says lots of stuff that never comes to pass.

That said, Toronot is one of their favourite places to play and it wouldn't shock me to see them stop by for a show during this little tour. But if I had to bet on it, I would say that Buffalo is a more likely stop.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I remember that comment and I'd say he has kept his word.
    They have come to play in Toronto pretty often! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • KigityKKigityK Posts: 85
    Canada is America Jr :lol:
    Chicago (Soldier Field 95), Chicago 98, East Troy 00, Chicago 00, East Troy 03, Chicago 03, St Paul 03, Chicago 06 x 2, Albany 06,Milwaukee 06 x2 Chicago (Grant Park) 07, Chicago (Vic) 07, Chicago 09 x2, Noblesville 10, East Troy PJ20 11 x2...
  • Blue11Blue11 Posts: 200
    Jukee wrote:

if he said it after Betterman where the crowd sang parts of the song, that would be the 2003 show at the Amphiteatre. They did't come back to Toronto till 2005.
    I'm with you though, hoping for a TO show.
    " All the stars in the sky, thought you were up in mine
    Still I wonder, I wonder......" "Black" tag 09-16-2005 Ottawa

Toronto 2003, Kitchener 2005, Montreal 2005, Ottawa 2005, Toronto II 2006, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Camden I 2008, Camden II 2008, Washington, D.C. 2008, Toronto 2009, Chicago I 2009, Columbus 2010, Noblesville, 2010
  • allmyrivalsallmyrivals Posts: 228
    KigityK wrote:

I don't think so.......
    EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0031
    WHAAHYEAH!!
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    the birdie said america

Technically there isn't a country called America.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    the birdie said america

so I'm a United Statesian?
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    the birdie said america

No, but if you look at a map more of them say United States than just plain old America.
    the birdie said america

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Lukin19Lukin19 Posts: 508
    Just checked the Air Canada Centre calendar . May is pretty wide open for a show or two.
    I'll even take a T.O-Buffalo show on back to back nights.
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    KigityK wrote:

hey america sr, remember when you picked a fight with america jr in 1812? and remember when america jr won the fight and then proceeded to burn down your white house? : )
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    "I'm tired of being labelled anti-American because I ask questions."
    -Susan Sarandon-
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
    Lukin19 wrote:
    Just checked the Air Canada Centre calendar . May is pretty wide open for a show or two.
    I'll even take a T.O-Buffalo show on back to back nights.

Woop woop May sounds good to me :D
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    the birdie said america

:thumbup:
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • the birdie said america

:thumbup:

In 1507, German cartographer Martin Waldseemüller produced a world map on which he named the lands of the Western Hemisphere "America" after Italian explorer and cartographer Amerigo Vespucci. The former British colonies first used the country's modern name in the Declaration of Independence, the "unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America" adopted by the "Representatives of the united States of America" on July 4, 1776.

Everyone in the Western Hemisphere is technically an American. You could say I'm from the United Provinces and Territories of America. The America in USA is taken from the "of the Americas", as in all of them, the North and South Americas. The US has just adopted it as their own. Like many other things. ;)

It has always kinda bugged me that US citizens call themselves Americans, like they are the only ones. :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    \_/ shot glass of hope, you asked for a little, you get a little, i aim to please.:::goes back to wiping the bar down:::
  • Jukee wrote:
    the birdie said america

USA and Canada are both in North America. Maybe they weren't being specific.

I think you are reading WAY too much into it. I hope for the contrary, but I'm guessing American birdie meant a bird from the US. Otherwise that could mean they are hitting South America too!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    South America is defintly not America. :P
  • mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    Yeah - I am not sure a secret decoder is needed to come to the conclusion Toronto is not in the cards (at least not yet) - here's hoping for some Buffalo, Albany or Michigan love
    mjb wrote:
    Yeah - I am not sure a secret decoder is needed to come to the conclusion Toronto is not in the cards (at least not yet) - here's hoping for some Buffalo, Albany or Michigan love
    +1 to that point...
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    It has always kinda bugged me that US citizens call themselves Americans, like they are the only ones. :lol:
    same here, and I'm from the States.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Mono77Mono77 Posts: 76
    the birdie said america

In spanish you are "estadounidense". So, yes, you should be United Statesian. =P I mean, I dont think its fare for us the rest of americans, that you appropriate our hole continent name!
    I’ll never suck satan’s dick... = P