Options

Next step..ALBUM...and then..EUROPEAN TOUR

13»

Comments

• Options
    jessejesse Posts: 170
    Tone wrote:
    Really!? That sucks! I missed the '06 Aussie tour cause I was living over here... but I do have to say, I've noticed a difference in seeing PJ in Toronto and NYC as opposed to Sydney. Sad but true. I think it's possibly cause Australia is largely starved of big artists touring (although I think it's better than it was) that everyone goes regardless and you end up with the situations you're talking about... lots of casual fans who sit. Shame. I still hope Australia gets a tour... that 5 year drought between '98 and '03 wasn't fun.

i think your right a lot of people went for the sake of going and most of these people only hear 5 or 6 songs they know then decide to sit down for the rest of the night its not good at all id rather see them play at sidney myer music bowl in melbourne could create a better atmosphere im still hoping for a tour but the band wasnt recieved so well last time compared with other countries, pearl jam are becoming very obscure in australia you dont hear much about them at all
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    jesse wrote:
    i think your right a lot of people went for the sake of going and most of these people only hear 5 or 6 songs they know then decide to sit down for the rest of the night its not good at all id rather see them play at sidney myer music bowl in melbourne could create a better atmosphere im still hoping for a tour but the band wasnt recieved so well last time compared with other countries, pearl jam are becoming very obscure in australia you dont hear much about them at all

That makes me sad to hear that. I only saw that they did multiple shows in the big cities in large venues, so I thought that was a sign that there was huge demand. Even though I'm a Sydney girl, I always heard the Melbourne shows were better... insofar as crowds etc (especially in '95 with people pulling down the fence at Myer Music Bowl and storming the floor at Melbourne Park). Hopefully when they tour again they'll do some smaller venues filled with true fans ;)
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    Tone wrote:
    That makes me sad to hear that. I only saw that they did multiple shows in the big cities in large venues, so I thought that was a sign that there was huge demand. Even though I'm a Sydney girl, I always heard the Melbourne shows were better... insofar as crowds etc (especially in '95 with people pulling down the fence at Myer Music Bowl and storming the floor at Melbourne Park). Hopefully when they tour again they'll do some smaller venues filled with true fans ;)

yeah true fans are definately filtered out they played breath in 03 and i was the only one in my area who let out a scream ... so sad
  • Options
    Tone wrote:

yeah true fans are definately filtered out they played breath in 03 and i was the only one in my area who let out a scream ... so sad
  • Options
    Tone wrote: