How my co-worker was treated at McDonald's

2»

Comments

• jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:
    I remember when they used to say mcd's used worms in their hamburgers in 1978 and then kangaroo meat.

I think the Kangaroo meat was linked to Jack In The Box. There is nothing that even comes close to the flavor of their tacos, so perhaps they are made of 'roo!

i read in, i think, The Omnivore's Dilemma that 56% of a mcnugget is corn.
    “The ingredients listed in the flyer suggest a lot of thought goes into a nugget, that and a lot of corn. Of the thirty-eight ingredients it takes to make a McNugget, I counted thirteen that can be derived from corn: the corn-fed chicken itself; modified cornstarch (to bind the pulverized chicken meat); mono-, tri-, and diglycerides (emulsifiers, which keep the fats and water from separating); dextrose; lecithin (another emulsifier); chicken broth (to restore some of the flavor that processing leeches out); yellow corn flour and more modified cornstarch (for the batter); cornstarch (a filler); vegetable shortening; partially hydrogenated corn oil; and citric acid as a preservative. A couple of other plants take part in the nugget: There's some wheat in the batter, and on any given day the hydrogenated oil could come from soybeans, canola, or cotton rather than corn, depending on the market price and availability.

According to the handout, McNuggets also contain several completely synthetic ingredients, quasiedible substances that ultimately come not from a corn or soybean field but form a petroleum refinery or chemical plant. These chemicals are what make modern processed food possible, by keeping the organic materials in them from going bad or looking strange after months in the freezer or on the road. Listed first are the "leavening agents": sodium aluminum phosphate, mono-calcium phosphate, sodium acid pyrophosphate, and calcium lactate. These are antioxidants added to keep the various animal and vegetable fats involved in a nugget from turning rancid. Then there are "anti-foaming agents" like dimethylpolysiloxene, added to the cooking oil to keep the starches from binding to air molecules, so as to produce foam during the fry. The problem is evidently grave enough to warrant adding a toxic chemical to the food: According to the Handbook of Food Additives, dimethylpolysiloxene is a suspected carcinogen and an established mutagen, tumorigen, and reproductive effector; it's also flammable. But perhaps the most alarming ingredient in a Chicken McNugget is tertiary butylhydroquinone, or TBHQ, an antioxidant derived from petroleum that is either sprayed directly on the nugget or the inside of the box it comes in to "help preserve freshness." According to A Consumer's Dictionary of Food Additives, TBHQ is a form of butane (i.e. lighter fluid) the FDA allows processors to use sparingly in our food: It can comprise no more than 0.02 percent of the oil in a nugget. Which is probably just as well, considering that ingesting a single gram of TBHQ can cause "nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, delirium, a sense of suffocation, and collapse." Ingesting five grams of TBHQ can kill.”

What do you want for $0.25 a piece... 56% meat?!?!?!
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Didn't this happen in the movie Big Daddy?
  • Clearly from your story, the customer was Turkish and the employees of McDonald's were of Asian descent...possibly Korean. As we all know, Koreans don't take shit from Turks. I'm surprised there wasn't a death involved. I would have taken that manager's stick and whooped his fucking ass with it. Afterwards I would have enjoyed my complimentary sausage egg and cheese biscuit.

I will not tolerate a lippy Korean McDonald's manager with a clock superiority complex.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Clearly from your story, the customer was Turkish and the employees of McDonald's were of Asian descent...possibly Korean. As we all know, Koreans don't take shit from Turks. I'm surprised there wasn't a death involved. I would have taken that manager's stick and whooped his fucking ass with it. Afterwards I would have enjoyed my complimentary sausage egg and cheese biscuit.

I will not tolerate a lippy Korean McDonald's manager with a clock superiority complex.

aw yes, koreans and turks.
    they been at it for years.
    i have never had the pleasure of eating a korean made sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit.

when dialin up turkish &korean mcdonalds this is what i got :?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=-LAtNxv--xw

where's the sausage egg biscuits?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • :? :? you bastards :lol:
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    iluvcats wrote:
    This is a racial incident. I am not going to say what race anyone was so I'll do it like this:
    clerk at register, manager with stick, family up front: race "efg"
    co-worker (fake name Jen) victim with family telling the story: race "lmn"

on saturday at 10:40 a.m., jen's family (which included a 1 child) was unable to access the McDonald's (in MD) drive-thru window as the delivery truck blocked the way. they went inside to order breakfast. after a long wait, the family in front of jen rec'd their breakfast at 10:59 a.m. When it was jen's turn to order breakfast, the clerk told her no breakfast, that it was over. she replied that the family in front was just served breakfast (the cut off is 11 a.m.) The clerk rudely yelled at her, "just because you're lmn, don't think you're going to get your way!!!" She did not get an opportunity to ask to speak to the manager, as she already came from the back with a stick and yelled, "get out of MY store!" Jen asked her husband to not say anything and they left to avoid further problems.

OMG!!!

i would have quietly told that McDs employeee next time they threaten me with a stick ill shove it up their arse. then id casually walk out.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say