ex

slightlystonedslightlystoned Posts: 228
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
My ex and i broke up a week ago and i find out today she is already with someone else. I love this girl and the split was not my idea. I just want to forget the whole thing because it hurts.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HoltzmnHoltzmn Posts: 87
    Hate to break it to you but she was probably already seeing him before the break up and that's why she ended it.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Sorry to hear. Love is a funny thing. It's like a drug. It can be the best feeling possible, or can give you the worst feeling possible. I envy those who fall in love for life. It's rarely that simple.

Hail, hail the lucky ones..
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    My ex and i broke up a week ago and i find out today she is already with someone else. I love this girl and the split was not my idea. I just want to forget the whole thing because it hurts.

That totally freaking sucks.
  • We were having some problems because i have been depressed as of late and i have been going to counseling. She said she didnt want to be in a relationship right now and then i find this out. FUCK HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • We were having some problems because i have been depressed as of late and i have been going to counseling. She said she didnt want to be in a relationship right now and then i find this out. FUCK HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you are way better off without her. May not seem that way now because it hurts, but you will see it eventually, it will get better. Try and focus on yourself and your happiness....as hard as that may seem. All the best!!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    sorry for that..i guess only time can help u..dont think of her..just think of your self..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    just think of all of the Married guys who would give anything to live the life of a single guy for just a week. The grass is always greener. You will be fine
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Im sorry it hurts
    but you will love again
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    so go out and get some strange ;)
    there are so many wonderful women in this world to spend time with and get to know

think of the break up as an opportunity to experience what the women of this world have to offer! Its her loss.
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    just think of all of the Married guys who would give anything to live the life of a single guy for just a week. The grass is always greener. You will be fine

I "get" to experience that now after 14 years of marriage.
    Sorry to hear about your breakup man, people are telling me it was meant to be
    But hey,it could be worse.. at least you dont have 4 children to be sad for as well
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    women eh? can't live with them....
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Try to focus on getting yourself better and in a good place. Agree rather too quick to be being with someone else.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    if they really would "give anything" to do that then maybe they should give it all up and learn something. "You never know what you've got until it's gone". Appreciate what you have and show that appreciation to those you love.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I'm really sorry man.

having just gone through close to the same thing, I wish there were something I could say.

it just sucks, but you will get through it.

My only advice would be to continue the counseling for sure.

if you need an ear, I'm a pm away.

be strong.

-steve
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,573
    We were having some problems because i have been depressed as of late and i have been going to counseling. She said she didnt want to be in a relationship right now and then i find this out. FUCK HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry what happen, but I agree with you. The hell with her! You were depressed & you were going through counseling. If she was interested in you she could of been by your side. Even helped you out. She was your ex. Say something. She tells you the relationship is over & now she's already in another relationship? Man, you can find somebody 100 times better then that woman. I was used many times & and passed out randomly cause of my depression. It was bad. Drugs didn't work at all. After reading & getting therapy, the best way to fight back is to ignore them. Don't even think of them again. People who were jealous, selfish, only cared for themselves let them roam around like pigs. Get rid of them. I couldn't take it anymore & I flipped out. It felt so good letting everything out. Now I'm happy! I'm meeting new friends. Going out on dates (where I used to be afraid cause of my shyness). Work is enjoyable then ever before & I'm having the time of my life, with people who understand me & people who care!

Do take care slightlystoned. Every road you will find a bump. Drive around that bump & leave it behind. Don't look @ it again. Keep your eyes forward to a better tomorrow! :)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Get_Right wrote:
    there are so many wonderful women in this world to spend time with and get to know

think of the break up as an opportunity to experience what the women of this world have to offer! Its her loss.

quite possibly the smartest person on this board.

my dad's friend used to say "women, can't live with 'em and ya can't kick 'em in the nuts"

good luck to the OP
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Good luck dude, that's all I can say.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    chadwick wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

quite possibly the smartest person on this board.
    In my best elvis voice:
    thank you, thank you very much :oops:
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    Sorry to hear that man.

Chicks suck!

Except for the chicks on here! :D
  • sandgropersandgroper Posts: 172
    edited April 2010
    Post edited by sandgroper on
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Holtzmn wrote:
    Hate to break it to you but she was probably already seeing him before the break up and that's why she ended it.

+10000
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    That's really unfortunate.

However, two things I'd like to say - firstly, you will never find happiness outside yourself, no matter how you try. Nothing - a job, a relationship, a house... can ever substitute for true happiness. Nurture your own needs first. And when you become happy, you will attract good people back into your life.

And secondly, no matter how much you may have been hurt, the longer you hold on to the pain and the anger, the longer she will have power over you. I realize this might sound cliched, but the sooner you forgive her, to let go of the hurt, the sooner you'll be free.

Good luck.
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Starfall wrote:

However, two things I'd like to say - firstly, you will never find happiness outside yourself, no matter how you try. Nothing - a job, a relationship, a house... can ever substitute for true happiness. Nurture your own needs first. And when you become happy, you will attract good people back into your life.

And secondly, no matter how much you may have been hurt, the longer you hold on to the pain and the anger, the longer she will have power over you. I realize this might sound cliched, but the sooner you forgive her, to let go of the hurt, the sooner you'll be free.

Good luck.

Best advice ever.
  • she was probably a whore anyway. better off without her.
  • yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    MrSmith wrote:
    she was probably a whore anyway. better off without her.

Quite the realist approach.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    We were having some problems because i have been depressed as of late and i have been going to counseling. She said she didnt want to be in a relationship right now and then i find this out. FUCK HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE had HIM lined up...DUMP you...FREE to go with "HIM"... :?
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all?

Time does wonderful things, sorry for your pain.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    thats why BLACK is the best song ever written......talks about something we all was,are,will be....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Sorry, haven't read the whole thread but from what I read at the start I want to recommend this website & forum: survivinginfidelity dot com

The people there absolutely got me through when my now ex-husband left me for someone else in 2005!! I absolutely recommend that website!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Starfall wrote:

Good luck.

Smart motherfucker, right here.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive