Parenthood on NBC

2»

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    show is getting on my nerves this season but the pj keeps me hanging on.

Why sit through a show that gets on your nerves to hear music you already own?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • getting on my nerves but not hate. when i start to hate it, i'll stop watching. hard to explain. i'm like that with my dumb soap opera too.
    love to hate kinda thing.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    donnaruhl wrote:
    I was hooked the from the first show. And more to my amazment, I was able to figure out my Grandson's disability, by watching"MAX". I am so greatful for his spot on performance.My Grandson was given a head start on theropy. Most families don't recognize a problem before the child is about four or five.
    And because of this show,my Grandson was diagnosed @ 18mos. He has tutors,and theropist's in home 15hrs.a week. For the first year they were here 35hrs.a week.But now he rides the bus to pre-school. So his tutors come before and after school. It's still full time,but we're so thankful. He's come so far. I just wish I could do something for my Daughter.It's taking it's toll on her. Did you know that just about five years ago it was 1 in 150 for boys and 1in about 300 for girls. And now it's 1in 88 for girls and 1in56 for boys.FOLKS we have a problem on our hands. Autism is here, and it's growing to me at an epidemic rate. So if you know someone with a child that's doing things just a little different than most baby's. Never be afraid to mention it to the Parent.Early detection for this disorder,Is the greatest gift you can give a child. :)
    He's my Sweet Sweet Angel Baby!
  • getting on my nerves but not hate. when i start to hate it, i'll stop watching. hard to explain. i'm like that with my dumb soap opera too.

to each their own. To me, you arent going to find a better show on network television. Its just an incredibly smart and realistic show. Every season has gotten better. And they feature great music, its not just PJ. Ed or Glen that were great picks.
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    getting on my nerves but not hate. when i start to hate it, i'll stop watching. hard to explain. i'm like that with my dumb soap opera too.

to each their own. To me, you arent going to find a better show on network television. Its just an incredibly smart and realistic show. Every season has gotten better. And they feature great music, its not just PJ. Ed or Glen that were great picks.

I'm with you on this.There were a couple of times when they were all talking at once.And their conversations seem to overlap one another. Which they seem to do alot of. But thats the beauty of it. I stood back and observed my own family in action,and I'll be damned if we don't do it also.And unintentional I might add. :D
  • donnaruhl wrote:
    getting on my nerves but not hate. when i start to hate it, i'll stop watching. hard to explain. i'm like that with my dumb soap opera too.

I'm with you on this.There were a couple of times when they were all talking at once.And their conversations seem to overlap one another. Which they seem to do alot of. But thats the beauty of it. I stood back and observed my own family in action,and I'll be damned if we don't do it also.And unintentional I might add. :D

I agree, Ive noticed much the same thing. The conversations they have on the show are incredibly realistic. And thats been since season 1. The arguments especially on the show are very true to life. Any time a character on the show is upset or yelling at another character, the words, the feelings and emotions expressed are always very realistic. And as I said, whats amazing is alot of the cast is children or teens. the actor who plays Max does the character so well, it seems so natural to him, I have no trouble believing his character has aspergers.

FNL also had dialogue and acting that seemed flawless. So its no surprise the creators next work would follow suit.

I think you have a great overall point though, movie and tv dialogue often is too formulaic. An actor speaks, they say their lines, when they are done, another actor says their lines. And thats not how it is in real life.
  • My wife and I just started watching this on Netflix. Really good show. Flew through the first season and just started the 2nd. I have a feeling we'll be caught up pretty soon. I can't believe I haven't watched this from the beginning. Should have known it would be great since Jason Katims is the showrunner…same guy who did Friday Night Lights.