Parenthood on NBC

patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Ok anybody else watching this show on NBC? After two episodes I am totally hooked on this show. I just love it!!!! Great cast and so far I'm liking the whole storyline. I don't watch many t.v. shows but this one has become a favorite to me. Anyway just expressing my thoughts about it. lol

I've noticed I have a couple threads here in AET so sorry for another one. :oops: lol
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Ok anybody else watching this show on NBC? After two episodes I am totally hooked on this show. I just love it!!!! Great cast and so far I'm liking the whole storyline. I don't watch many t.v. shows but this one has become a favorite to me. Anyway just expressing my thoughts about it. lol

I've noticed I have a couple threads here in AET so sorry for another one. :oops: lol

no offense, but the pilot gave me a headache. it was like they tried to cram the first 6 shows into the pilot. my impression only. wife liked it though...which explains everything. ;)
    I love to turn you on
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    I think I might kinda-sorta like the show if I didn't hate kids so g.d. much. :lol:
    I was excited to see Ann (her?) from Arrested Development get another gig!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    We watched the first- DVRing in a series cause we liked it too. Gosh I love the parents house- that big table in that pretty yard giving me ideas
    I really like "Coach" didn't google his name and if you like this show maybe try
    Men of a Certain Age next season, its over for now. Kind of similiar in that its funny/sad and serious about real life troubles and relationships.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    pandora wrote:
    We watched the first- DVRing in a series cause we liked it too. Gosh I love the parents house- that big table in that pretty yard giving me ideas
    I really like "Coach" didn't google his name and if you like this show maybe try
    Men of a Certain Age next season, its over for now. Kind of similiar in that its funny/sad and serious about real life troubles and relationships.

Craig T. Nelson is Coach's name in real life.

Actually I caught the last 3 episodes of Men Of A Certain age and I liked that too.

I kinda get a small Six Feet Under vibe from this show. Just kinda but anyway glad some of you like the show even just a little bit. :)
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    I'm watching it because "Nate" from Six Feet Under is on it and I've always loved him. So far I like it.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
    bump
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    yeah it seems pretty cool
    which means they'll cancel it.

saw the first show
    when is it on again?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• elle elleelle elle Posts: 61
    Yep I like it too! Lauren Graham is great. I was a big Gilmour Girls fan :oops: , so I was happy to see her on another show.
    yeah it seems pretty cool
    which means they'll cancel it.

saw the first show
    when is it on again?

It was on last nite. They sometimes replay it on the weekends.
    hehe yeah i switch it on last night after i made that comment.

• libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. In the promos it kind of looked like a Modern Family ripoff. I do like Lauren Graham though.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    libragirl wrote:
    I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. In the promos it kind of looked like a Modern Family ripoff. I do like Lauren Graham though.

Give it a try you might like it. :)
    libragirl wrote:

OMG Modern Family ROCKS!!! Got my beau hooked too! lol
    Still liking Parenthood.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
    jason ritter with a goatee! :lol:

Ok, FIRST.....still LOVING this show!!!!

SECOND.....they played SUPERSONIC last night and when I watched it today I about shit myself!!!

THIRD....I'm always going to love Peter Krause, no matter what role he plays.
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854

THIRD....I'm always going to love Peter Krause, no matter what role he plays.

^^this. :D :thumbup:
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    i'd say this is one of the better shows of the last few years. with scrubs off the air now, and done with, we all need a real emotional, just well acted, good drama type show. this is it. It does what all good drama does. it has little bits of light comedy, but also has heavy issues and intense drama, and walks the line between both pretty effortlessly. i enjoy the music thus far chosen for the soundtracking of it all.

There was one scene in particular, the dad, with the teenage daughter, i think it was maybe a week or two ago, he was talking to her in the car, and it was just so beautifully acted. the dad was great, but the daughter was spot on. it seemed like she maybe had dealt with a father who didnt understand once or twice in her own life!

Who knew Dax Sheperd could pull off drama. the guys sort of was a punch line for years, he;s just some wierd comedy guy like dane cook or something. a joke. but in this show he is really good.

plus, it has Anne from Arrested Development. Also know as "who is that again", or "Her? really...? Her? " haha.

Great show
    see...i knew i liked this show for a reason. ;)

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,771
  • damn good show, wishlist on this episode
  • rpech'erpech'e Twin Cities Posts: 1,106
    You're True :D Love this show
  • need to check this one
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    meh...I liked it at first but there's a point in every single episode that is designed to make you feel emotional and that just got annoying. can see why people like it though.
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    I was hooked the from the first show. And more to my amazment, I was able to figure out my Grandson's disability, by watching"MAX". I am so greatful for his spot on performance.My Grandson was given a head start on theropy. Most families don't recognize a problem before the child is about four or five.
    And because of this show,my Grandson was diagnosed @ 18mos. He has tutors,and theropist's in home 15hrs.a week. For the first year they were here 35hrs.a week.But now he rides the bus to pre-school. So his tutors come before and after school. It's still full time,but we're so thankful. He's come so far. I just wish I could do something for my Daughter.It's taking it's toll on her. Did you know that just about five years ago it was 1 in 150 for boys and 1in about 300 for girls. And now it's 1in 88 for girls and 1in56 for boys.FOLKS we have a problem on our hands. Autism is here, and it's growing to me at an epidemic rate. So if you know someone with a child that's doing things just a little different than most baby's. Never be afraid to mention it to the Parent.Early detection for this disorder,Is the greatest gift you can give a child. :)
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I have only seen one episode, and while I may have not understood everything going on, I could tell I didn't like the show. Or maybe I just caught a bad episode. It seemed like every scene was a crying woman spilling her guts to some guy while some sad sounding song played, or some guy awkwardly expressing his feelings (or lack of) while a sad sounding song played. Either way, it seemed every scene was somebody crying. Like I said, maybe I caught a bad episode, but the movie Parenthood was great because of the mixture of comedy and drama, this SEEMS to be just drama, and overly dramatic at that. I could be totally wrong. But the episode I saw did not compel me to continue watching. In fact the only reason I watched the whole episode is because I had the flu and the remote was not handy, and I wasn't getting up.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    I have only seen one episode, and while I may have not understood everything going on, I could tell I didn't like the show. Or maybe I just caught a bad episode. It seemed like every scene was a crying woman spilling her guts to some guy while some sad sounding song played, or some guy awkwardly expressing his feelings (or lack of) while a sad sounding song played. Either way, it seemed every scene was somebody crying. Like I said, maybe I caught a bad episode, but the movie Parenthood was great because of the mixture of comedy and drama, this SEEMS to be just drama, and overly dramatic at that. I could be totally wrong. But the episode I saw did not compel me to continue watching. In fact the only reason I watched the whole episode is because I had the flu and the remote was not handy, and I wasn't getting up.

You should catch it when the next season starts.
  • donnaruhl wrote:
    I was hooked the from the first show. And more to my amazment, I was able to figure out my Grandson's disability, by watching"MAX". I am so greatful for his spot on performance.My Grandson was given a head start on theropy. Most families don't recognize a problem before the child is about four or five.
    And because of this show,my Grandson was diagnosed @ 18mos. He has tutors,and theropist's in home 15hrs.a week. For the first year they were here 35hrs.a week.But now he rides the bus to pre-school. So his tutors come before and after school. It's still full time,but we're so thankful. He's come so far. I just wish I could do something for my Daughter.It's taking it's toll on her. Did you know that just about five years ago it was 1 in 150 for boys and 1in about 300 for girls. And now it's 1in 88 for girls and 1in56 for boys.FOLKS we have a problem on our hands. Autism is here, and it's growing to me at an epidemic rate. So if you know someone with a child that's doing things just a little different than most baby's. Never be afraid to mention it to the Parent.Early detection for this disorder,Is the greatest gift you can give a child. :)

the acting by the children in the show has always been top notch. The actor who plays Max is a pretty unreal actor.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I rag on the wife for watching all sorts of bad TV. But I admit it, I pay attention and enjoy this show when it is on.
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    I rag on the wife for watching all sorts of bad TV. But I admit it, I pay attention and enjoy this show when it is on.

I dont think theres any doubt. its one of the best shows on tv. Incredible acting and great writing. Plus, its the same guy who created FNL, to me, its a given this is great. Ive been a fan since 2010
  • show is getting on my nerves this season but the pj keeps me hanging on.