How often do you do your laundry?

2»

Comments

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Another question..

How often do you people wear your jeans before you wash them?

I've been trying to get two or three days out of them to conserve. Same with dress shirts.. Underwear and t-shirts have to be washed daily of course.

Is it weird to wear 2 pairs of underwear a day? I take my main shower before bed, but feel weird wearing underwear I slept in the rest of the day... not that I'm pissing myself or anything. 8-)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Another question..

I've been trying to get two or three days out of them to conserve. Same with dress shirts.. Underwear and t-shirts have to be washed daily of course.

Is it weird to wear 2 pairs of underwear a day? I take my main shower before bed, but feel weird wearing underwear I slept in the rest of the day... not that I'm pissing myself or anything. 8-)

why wear underwear to bed? your bits n things need air... clothing them up like that will cause leprosy or something.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I was just curious. I'm trying to cut back on laundry time. Once a week seems like it might be more efficient than twice.

I guess it depends on how much clothes you have, if you have enough for a change every day, then fair enough. Depends also how you wash. All clothes in the same wash (regardless of colour or 'heaviness')?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Another question..

Once. Sorry, but jeans/trousers are against 'netherparts' (even if there are undies between) and against skin. Hygiene and freshness! Also shirts.... armpits, body odor, 'external' smells (ie smoke, pollution, cooking)... Damn... these should be changed every day!

I wouldn't be able to put dirty knickers on after a shower.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    2-3 loads a week, but my machine is quite large. Get sick of it really.

When I sat and thought about it, thought it might be a good idea to make clothes out of rice paper, then you can eat them when you're done with them. This would kill two birds with one stone, get rid of washing and save on food.

Obviously you would have to be careful when you went out in the rain, could prove embarrassing :think:
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    redrock wrote:
    I was just curious. I'm trying to cut back on laundry time. Once a week seems like it might be more efficient than twice.

I guess it depends on how much clothes you have, if you have enough for a change every day, then fair enough. Depends also how you wash. All clothes in the same wash (regardless of colour or 'heaviness')?[/quote]

No one here still said 2-3 weeks. Maybe that's why i always have to do 6 loads at a time!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Once a week at least.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    Another question..

I'll wear jeans & dress pants 2 or 3 times before washing...I can get even more wear out of skirts before washing them...and I hardly ever wash my sweaters since I always wear a shirt underneath