How often do you do your laundry?

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Random question.

I find myself having to do it twice a week.. I think I just need to buy more socks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    usually 1 or 2 loads a week
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    How lucky- I have (2) kids. I do laundry "every day" and I hate it !!!! :(
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    I only do laundry on the weekends. I usually have 1 load, sometimes 2 & very occassionally 3. So generally I do at least 1 load every weekend. I live on my own by the way so just me to wash for.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • no need im a nudist
  • Once a week. Twice when we change the bedding.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Weekends only i don't have to do laundry that much except for daughter who goes through clothes like a hot knife through butter.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    So I picked up more socks and underwear today.. I should be able to get away with doing this once a week now. 8-)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    never!! .i buy new one :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Winter - usually two loads a week. One clothes and one bedding. Summer usually an extra load for white clothing.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    7/8 loads a week (and there's only three of us :oops: ). But this includes bedding and towels. Usually at week-ends unfortunately. Though bedding and towels could be done during the week, I guess.
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    In my house, there is my wife and I, our 3 kids and our Nanny. We easily are doing 3 loads a day.
  • stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    With me and the four kids in the house - well, one load of my stuff, probably two to three of theirs, plus one of towels, and two of sheets - usually all done on the weekends. Luckily it's super sunny here and most will dry within a couple of hours outside...and then everything smells all sunny!!! :D
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,477
    Random question.

I find myself having to do it twice a week.. I think I just need to buy more socks.
    Almost every time I walk into a Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc.....I buy a 6pack of socks, and I also buy some panties.....I bet I own 40-50 pairs of socks, and I usually toss them away after a year. I also own 20-30 panties, again, throwing them out after a year...

Arent you glad to know this????

hehehehehe

Laundry?? Every Saturday, 2-4 loads.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    towels/sheets: 1-2X a week
    clothes: once every 2 weeks

it's just me, I have many clothes & a lot of stuff I wear twice before washing
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    laundry? what is this laundry thing you speak of. :?:

i've not done laundry in over 5 years. i got lucky in getting a gf that loves to handle "women" work. :mrgreen:

before her, i did it once every other week.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i don't... i have this thing called a wife.

now don't get upset ladies... if this thread was called "hey ladies, how often do you mow your front lawn?" it's only replies would be from men... and perhaps a confused lesbian... but mostly men saying "they dont, we do it!"

:thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • when I am out of clean underwear
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    1x a week. I try to get it down Friday afternoon or evening and put it away, so I don't have it do on the weekend.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    dunkman wrote:

now don't get upset ladies... if this thread was called "hey ladies, how often do you mow your front lawn?" it's only replies would be from men... and perhaps a confused lesbian... but mostly men saying "they dont, we do it!"

dunkman, you always crack me up!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    once a week.
    one load of clothes, one load sheets/towels.
    hubby does his own laundry, usually one load as well.
    so just the 2 of us, 3 loads a week.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    Damn, am i the only one that waits 2-3 weeks? I would do it SO much more often if i didn't live in an apartment with no washer\dryer inside. And..I didn't have to have $1 in quarters for each wash and each dry!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    3 loads every Saturday (2 loads of clothing and one for towels/bedding) and an extra load of gym clothes mid-week.
    Zoso does his own laundry 8-) :wave:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Zoso does his own laundry 8-) :wave:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    1.5 times a day. it sucks
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    With two adults, a 5 & 6 year old, and a 2 week old baby in the house I do about 2 loads a day
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    dunkman wrote:

Yep. No laundry for me. Of course, I do the dishes AND it's my job to scare anyone foolish enough to approach my house, so all is fair in love and war.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Daily, just to keep on top of it.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Oh - based on what some other people wrote, I should add, that there are 4 people in the house - me, my husband and 20 year old girl and 15 year old girl. Each person is responsible for their own laundry. I don't do anyone else's but my own. Everyone does theirs about 1x a week each.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Since I don't have family, I'm finding the answers that address the "your" part of my question more useful. ;)

I was just curious. I'm trying to cut back on laundry time. Once a week seems like it might be more efficient than twice.
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    2-3 loads a week depending on putting on clean sheets and my work schedule. Not a big deal but I pay for the washer and dryer (1$ a load/ each) so I try to hang things in the spare room to dry to save on the dryer. Floor space quickly gets eaten up by drying racks... not leaving much room to get to my sewing and painting.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"