Wahhhhh....tickets are so expensive!! The Official Thread

PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Figured i would get a headstart on things and create a place for all you people who will be complaining about the ticket prices.

So please lets keep it all in here ... mmmmmkay??

personally I'm a realist

I know that it's 2010 and not 1994

I know that it's not just the 6 guys on stage getting paid

I know that Pearl Jam has been a bargain for all these years (ahem... U2)

I feel that they've always done their best to keep prices down while also making money

The bottom line is their live show is worth it ... to me

if it's not worth it to you... then post here... and don't go

simple huh??

:wave:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Does complaining about complaining count as complaining?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with the op on 1 point. They haven't done their best to keep ticket prices down or they would have stayed down.
  • drsluggo wrote:

yes
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Dude this is weak. I'm not a fan of what you're alluding to either, but you know what I do? I don't read it. Revolutionary, I know. There's news coming for once, enjoy it.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    drsluggo wrote:

nope...

because it's not true complaining
  • Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
    I hope the tickets are $150 each.

To keep the riffraff out.

:twisted:
    DewieCox wrote:
    I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with the op on 1 point. They haven't done their best to keep ticket prices down or they would have stayed down.

i knew this would get some reaction

ok... and you're an expert on this because??????

all i know... is i look at the price of a U2 show... or a The Who show... or any show of a top performer

and PJ is near the bottom in price

i'd love to hear your evidence to the contrary
    Dude this is weak. I'm not a fan of what you're alluding to either, but you know what I do? I don't read it. Revolutionary, I know. There's news coming for once, enjoy it.

but wouldn't it be nice if you only had to ignore 1 thread instead of 12 on the front page?

now that is revolutionary

356485035_716131a877.jpg
  • it's all fucking BOOMS FAULT!!!! :lol::lol:

i think PJ still has the best priced tickets for a band of their caliber.
    i think PJ still has the best priced tickets for a band of their caliber.

they do... but this thread is for people not smart enough to realize this

:)
  • Dude this is weak. I'm not a fan of what you're alluding to either, but you know what I do? I don't read it. Revolutionary, I know. There's news coming for once, enjoy it.

but wouldn't it be nice if you only had to ignore 1 thread instead of 12 on the front page?

now that is revolutionary

356485035_716131a877.jpg

alright, that picture is fucking awesome! where do you people find this shit!
  • i think PJ still has the best priced tickets for a band of their caliber.

they do... but this thread is for people not smart enough to realize this

:)

uhh...yeah...this thread makes you look really smart. :roll:
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    unbelievable u start already a thread like this!! :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Pfft... try living in Ireland :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,486
    More people bitch & complain about cheap no name beer going up 20 cent's a can then Pearl Jam ticket's selling 100 plus buck's a pop. It'll never end.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    DewieCox wrote:

i knew this would get some reaction

ok... and you're an expert on this because??????

all i know... is i look at the price of a U2 show... or a The Who show... or any show of a top performer

and PJ is near the bottom in price

i'd love to hear your evidence to the contrary

Pearl Jam arent' really peers with U2. U2 have been the biggest band in the world for the last 10-15 years. Their(U2) peers are Paul McCartney, ACDC and The Boss.

Last Radiohead tix I bought were $55.
    STP at a small venue $55
    Tool, with their massive light show was $60

I agree on another point of yours, that it's totally worth it. I just don't feel like they've tried all they could to keep ticket prices down. In 2k they were $25-35. They've almost tripled in price.
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,309
    just scored front row to ben harper. $30. not bad. i'm expecting 3 times as much for PJ.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • its pretty ridiculous to think PJs ticket price should be anywhere near U2's.
    DewieCox wrote:
    Pearl Jam arent' really peers with U2. U2 have been the biggest band in the world for the last 10-15 years. Their(U2) peers are Paul McCartney, ACDC and The Boss.

Last Radiohead tix I bought were $55.
    STP at a small venue $55
    Tool, with their massive light show was $60

I agree on another point of yours, that it's totally worth it. I just don't feel like they've tried all they could to keep ticket prices down. In 2k they were $25-35. They've almost tripled in price.

I hate when people make logical arguments ;)

you do have a point... I guess PJ isn't as big as those bands and I was just looking at things from a personal point of view... judging which of these acts i enjoy the most

I like U2... but i feel like they're sellouts

But isn't PJ is bigger than Tool, Radiohead and STP? what has STP done in the past 10 years besides a couple of stints in rehab?

maybe it is all about their kids flying on private jets... ;)

either way

it's all worth it ;)
  • Radiohead is probably one of the biggest band in the world right now. but PJ is bigger than the other two.
  • mini_tbmini_tb Posts: 420
    demetrios wrote:
    More people bitch & complain about cheap no name beer going up 20 cent's a can then Pearl Jam ticket's selling 100 plus buck's a pop. It'll never end.

I can't afford to see Pearl Jam this tour because cheap no name beer went up 20 cents a can.
    Glorified version of a pelican
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I care not the cost- they are like gold in my hands :)
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Tickets will be $80 a pop give or take a few $. Get over it. Don't like it, don't go. I for one agree with the OP that it's not 1994 and PJ tickets are very reasonable for what kind of show they put on. It gets better and better each time for me so I don't mind paying more if that's what it takes.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • max8700max8700 Posts: 208
    MrSmith wrote:
    Radiohead is probably one of the biggest band in the world right now. but PJ is bigger than the other two.

I'd disagree...Tool for the past decade has sold way more albums per album than Pearl Jam. When 10,000 Days and Avocado came out the same day, Tool crushed Pearl Jam. Now, Tool only puts out a album once every 6 years and tours accordingly, but that's beside the point.

Not making musical judgements, just stating facts. And with the extensive light show, there is no way a Tool show should be cheaper than a Pearl Jam show. But they are.
  • RGarabed21RGarabed21 Posts: 467
    pandora wrote:
    I care not the cost- they are like gold in my hands :)

Agreed, I am totally fine with blowing a paycheck on tix!
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • max8700 wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    Radiohead is probably one of the biggest band in the world right now. but PJ is bigger than the other two.

I'd disagree...Tool for the past decade has sold way more albums per album than Pearl Jam. When 10,000 Days and Avocado came out the same day, Tool crushed Pearl Jam. Now, Tool only puts out a album once every 6 years and tours accordingly, but that's beside the point.

Not making musical judgements, just stating facts. And with the extensive light show, there is no way a Tool show should be cheaper than a Pearl Jam show. But they are.
    yeah youre right, but they are pretty close.

i dont really care about the ticket price thing, PJ does a decent job but Radiohead is a lot better at this independence thing than anyone.
  • max8700max8700 Posts: 208
    MrSmith wrote:
    max8700 wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:

yeah youre right, but they are pretty close.

i dont really care about the ticket price thing, PJ does a decent job but Radiohead is a lot better at this independence thing than anyone.

Very true, and just for the record, I am not complaining about PJ ticket prices. I find them reasonable, was just making a comparison with Tool.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,486
    max8700 wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:

But Tool show's don't play over 2 hour's a night like Pearl Jam does but heir light show's are amazing & cinematography blow's my mind. I've seen them in '07 & have collected dozens & dozens of audio/video material on the latest tours & maybe 1 if not 2 show's barely pass 2 hour's. Though yes, surprised their ticket's are much cheaper then Pearl Jam's. I payed 60 buck's total for lower bowl seats @ that show. Amazing seats too. 2 dollars out of that Ticketmaster charge went to printing out ticket's using my own damn ink & paper. :evil:
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Whatever the price, we will pay it.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Whatever the price, we will pay it.
    this,,for the best band in the world..yes..jut clik buy button..so easy
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”