Somebody explain to me...

2»

Comments

• and... why would anyone want to sit behind stage at a rock show? :lol:

I was jealous of the bastards in Winnipeg 2005 that were behind the stage. They turned out to be awesome seats. As Ed said at the show, "you've got an arena here (pointing to the front), and a small theatre back here (turning around to the delight of those behind the stage)".

They got most of the stuff the band tosses to the crowd; drumsticks, broken tambourines, picks, and the guys in the band frequently faced that section, so it was like having a front row frickin' seat.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • @demetrios

But what happens when you shell out 170 for tickets through TC and your seats are, well... not that great because of your membership seniority (or lack thereof). and the same guy who's been a TC member since '98 payed the same amount and has tremendous seats.

Ya know? I could always buy some very good seats through Ebay, ticket.org, ect. knowing that I'd be getting my moneys worth. Then the ticket or two that I buy through TC could go to a friend.

I guess it's all about how much I want to spend, lol.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    my second PJ show i was "Back and to the Left"...."Back and to the Left"...
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    demetrios wrote:
    I do want somewhat "close" seats this time though (that is if I do attend a show at all), so I mean, if it must come to Ebay, or some brother ticketmaster site... then that's what it'll have to come to...

What happens though if you pay the big bucks to eBay or those sister channel ticketmaster nazi's for closer seats, then you find out with those 10club ticket's that you scored row 1 & 2 through the 10club lottery? It can happen. I'm 0-16 since April '08 through the 10club lottery. I have a good feeling 2010 might be the one!

I always try and get 10c tix and TM tix. There's always a couple friends in my group who don't have tix, so I tell them that I can promise them 2 seats. My 10c number is 191XXX, so I generally get decent seats, but there's always the chance of scoring good seats through TM too. If I happen to hit the lottery through the 10c, my friends will get the TM seats. If my TM seats are better than my 10c seats, my friends will get the 10c seats.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,497
    @demetrios

But what happens when you shell out 170 for tickets through TC and your seats are, well... not that great because of your membership seniority (or lack thereof). and the same guy who's been a TC member since '98 payed the same amount and has tremendous seats.

Ya know? I could always buy some very good seats through Ebay, ticket.org, ect. knowing that I'd be getting my moneys worth. Then the ticket or two that I buy through TC could go to a friend.

I guess it's all about how much I want to spend, lol.

It's a lottery dude. I sleep good & feel great buying 10club ticket's. I don't support nazi driven gambler's who's business is buying concert ticket's @ cost then selling them for double & triple plus the rate. If you're rich & into that lifestyle, that's your choice. I like a surprise when I pick up my ticket's @ the 10club booth. It's like I'm going to the movie theaters to catch a late matinee. Tonight, it's a packed house & I'm sitting up front where I can't see shit. But the next night, I got amazing seats right in the middle with a few hot ladies on each side! You catch my drift. ;)

I've heard & read stories on many fan's scoring 1st row, 2nd row, 9th row or 10th row 10club ticket's who just signed up a year membership with 10club. Shocking but it's true. My closest spot @ a Pearl Jam show was in Halifax '05. 2nd row right up front to Stone. It was amazing man. Hometown show & up that close. Doubt I will ever be up that close again, but ya never know. Just have faith & be good. Cause big brother is watching.