Somebody explain to me...

PJamGrungeFanPJamGrungeFan Posts: 289
edited March 2010 in The Porch
How buying tickets through Ten Club works...

is there a presale?

what does your member number have to do with what tickets you get?

My member number is 433, xxx... does that mean I'll probably get a so-so seat at best?

Is there ever general admission (floor/standing)? or does that depend on the venue?

How expensive are the tickets? I paid 80 with tax and ticketmaster fees for Metallica floor presale tickets.

Thanks in advance..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• aren't you the one who trashed Riot Act?!?! :cry:

10c'ers......TELL HIM NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    There are probably many people here to better explain this than me.
    In short, usually there is a presale announcement (sometimes not). You will get an email, most likely, and it will be announced on the pit. Then at the appointed time for the presale, you log on to the site, go to the goods section and the tickets will appear. There should be an "add to cart" button if they are available. Add to your cart and check out.
    It is impossible to tell what your seats will be like with your member number. It depends on the show/city and also on the venue and how many seats the 10c gets. You also have the chance of winning the lottery and getting rows 1-2 or 9-10. SO you never know.

Hope that helps.
    aren't you the one who trashed Riot Act?!?! :cry:

D'oh!!!!

I take it all back!!!! :shock:
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

is there a presale?

My member number is 433, xxx... does that mean I'll probably get a so-so seat at best?

Is there ever general admission (floor/standing)? or does that depend on the venue?

How expensive are the tickets? I paid 80 with tax and ticketmaster fees for Metallica floor presale tickets.

Thanks in advance..

Hi PJamGrungeFan,

This site should answer your questions: http://pearljam.com/ten-club/tickets
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • :cry::cry::cry:

you guys let me down man!!!!!!!!!
  • aren't you the one who trashed Riot Act?!?! :cry:

don't mind him, OP, his handle explains it all! :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • DS114969 wrote:

is there a presale?

Thanks in advance..

Hi PJamGrungeFan,

This site should answer your questions: http://pearljam.com/ten-club/tickets
    Well, that helps! Haha, thanks guys..
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722

is there a presale?

Yup

it determines your placement in TC tickets. many shows they get only 10% to 12% of the tickets for presale, and the rest go thru TM.

I'll let someone else answer that, because some people look down at calling any seat "bad".

In the US I don't recall a GA show except for very very small venues, which are quite rare.

I think last time around it was about $170 for a pair.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    :cry::cry::cry:

you guys let me down man!!!!!!!!!

Does this mean I can't come party in your backyard?
    Shucks..... :cry:
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040

Well, at the WPB show in 08, I was in the 15th or 16th row on the floor- can't remember - and I have a 156XXX 10Club number, so your seats probably won't be the best- but it all depends on the city and how many 10 Clubbers go to that particular show. And you might get lucky- you could win the lottery
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    NO HELP THIS TIME...GHOST DONT ALLOW ME TO DO IT... :twisted:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LukinFan wrote:

Well, at the WPB show in 08, I was in the 15th or 16th row on the floor- can't remember - and I have a 156XXX 10Club number, so your seats probably won't be the best- but it all depends on the city and how many 10 Clubbers go to that particular show. And you might get lucky- you could win the lottery
    Cool. Yeah well I was on the lawn for that show and I still had a hell of a time, so :lol:

One thing i'm not understanding is this "Seat location is not revealed until tickets are collected on the day of the show."

what does that mean? You buy the tickets online for X-amount of dollars, not knowing until the day of the show where you sit at? Uhh :|
    what does that mean? You buy the tickets online for X-amount of dollars, not knowing until the day of the show where you sit at? Uhh :|

Correct. This is for a good reason. It helps reduce scalping. This is more of an issue for closer seats, but lets say you win the "lottery" and score 2nd row tickets - this policy helps ensure you didn't just go and make $2000 on their generosity.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Your 433,xxx number will get you back of the floor seats or behind the stage or side stage maybe. My 10c number is 426,xxx and I was back of the floor for philly 2 and 3. But I expected that seeing as how its a northeast show. Your best bet would to see them in the midwest or the rockies with your number. Northeast is the worst place to see a concert if you joined late in the 10c.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    cdp1223 wrote:
    There are probably many people here to better explain this than me.
    In short, usually there is a presale announcement (sometimes not). You will get an email, most likely, and it will be announced on the pit. Then at the appointed time for the presale, you log on to the site, go to the goods section and the tickets will appear. There should be an "add to cart" button if they are available. Add to your cart and check out.
    It is impossible to tell what your seats will be like with your member number. It depends on the show/city and also on the venue and how many seats the 10c gets. You also have the chance of winning the lottery and getting rows 1-2 or 9-10. SO you never know.

Hope that helps.

Smart Women are fuckin Sexy!!!
  • Hoff, is your avatar bugging out or am I having an acid flashback?
  • I see, I see.

couple more questions: When does this lottery take place?

and... why would anyone want to sit behind stage at a rock show? :lol:
    u pay when the presale starts,,and charge your credit card , a pair of 10 c tix
    the day of the show with your id take the tickets from box office in the venue
    u learn your seats that moment.if you win loterry 1,2 row or 9,10 row
    now put RIOT ACT to listen..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Won 10th Row Lottery in Philadelphia. It is possible and people do win.
  • Won 10th Row Lottery in Philadelphia. It is possible and people do win.
    Lucky!

When does TC do the ticket lottery?
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    I see, I see.

couple more questions: When does this lottery take place?

and... why would anyone want to sit behind stage at a rock show? :lol:

3 words

MATT FUCKING CAMERON
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Won 10th Row Lottery in Philadelphia. It is possible and people do win.
    Lucky!

who knows..u learn it the day of the show..
  • Oh, I thought it was something they announced. LIke there was a date for the lottery.

you just go pick up your tix and if your in rows 2-10 they you've won the lottery, correct?

and if you're behind the stage you clearly haven't :lol:
    Oh, I thought it was something they announced. LIke there was a date for the lottery.

you just go pick up your tix and if your in rows 2-10 they you've won the lottery, correct?

and if you're behind the stage you clearly haven't :lol:

Yes, but don't worry so much about behind the stage. Often they don't even have those seats available for the show....depending on the venue, though, they can be great if they are open.
    Won 10th Row Lottery in Philadelphia. It is possible and people do win.
    Lucky!

I believe it is all done day-of-show, or possibly at the venue prior.

They used to do a "block" system, where seats in section (x) are allocated for members 1,000 - 5,000, and seats in section (y) are allocated for members 5,001 - 80,000 and seats in section (z) are allocated to members 80,001 - 200,000 (and so on). When they used this system, the earlier you arrived, the better your tickets were, but only within your block. Now, everyone's tickets are predetermined, and in envelopes in advance, so your seats do not change if you arrive early or late.

This is a simplified explanation, but is close enough for this thread.
  • All of your explanations are much appreciated! :P

Thanks!
    All of your explanations are much appreciated! :P

Thanks!

Just remember this when you are looking at the back of our heads at the show! :lol::lol::lol:
  • cdp1223 wrote:

Thanks!

Just remember this when you are looking at the back of our heads at the show! :lol::lol::lol:
    Hey! Uncalled for! =P

I do want somewhat "close" seats this time though (that is if I do attend a show at all), so I mean, if it must come to Ebay, or some brother ticketmaster site... then that's what it'll have to come to...
    cdp1223 wrote:

Thanks!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,497
    I do want somewhat "close" seats this time though (that is if I do attend a show at all), so I mean, if it must come to Ebay, or some brother ticketmaster site... then that's what it'll have to come to...

What happens though if you pay the big bucks to eBay or those sister channel ticketmaster nazi's for closer seats, then you find out with those 10club ticket's that you scored row 1 & 2 through the 10club lottery? It can happen. I'm 0-16 since April '08 through the 10club lottery. I have a good feeling 2010 might be the one!