Have you ever looked through someone's text mesages?

DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So? Have ya?

I have once. It was a good thing/bad thing.
"I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i will not admit what i may or may have not read thru the years. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Nope.

But mine have been looked through :roll:
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Yup....I'm a distrustful little bitch.
    It was totally boring though.

That's why I erase mine as soon as they are read. :?
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I never thought I would until one day I got this sneaking suspicion...and I was right! Ugh!

Hurts....don't it?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Danimal wrote:
    I never thought I would until one day I got this sneaking suspicion...and I was right! Ugh!

Hurts....don't it?

It does, regardless of how you find out... it gets better though, trust me :)
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I have. I have done it more than once to more than one person. I am nosy! In every situation, I was surprised.
    Saw pics I wished I hadn't, broke up my relationships 'cuz of reading them, etc.
    Not a good thing to do unless "you can handle the truth"...lol!
    Save room for dessert!
    The Betrayal!!!!

Wicked stinks. Why am the one that feels guilty?

• know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Nope. Never even thought about it.

I think it's beyond pathetic to read someone else's texts, emails, etc. What's wrong with you people?
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • There are a few things in life you just shouldn't do.

Never beat or sexually abuse children.
    Never join a terrorist cell.
    Never take advantage of the elderly, particularly those who served in WWII.
    Never drive when your ability is horrifically impaired.
    Never sleep with a woman named Frank. It's a long story and it's frankly none of your fucking business.
    Never read someone's text messages without permission. If they had wanted you to see them, they would have sent them to you.

However, there's a fine line in regards to phone pic etiquette. For example, if your friend has a hot girlfriend and is strangely over-protective of his phone around people, that means he has nude photos of her and I feel like you should be allowed to send the pics to your own phone so that you may be able to masturbate to them.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Do you just take a guess at someone's password or something?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    CJMST3K wrote:

Nah it wasn't password protected.

Danimal wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

Oh, I was thinking PM's.
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Danimal wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

Oh, I was thinking PM's.

I bet you were.....tsk tsk. :evil:
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Danimal wrote:
    So? Have ya?

haven't seen you around in ages!!

no never
    Danimal wrote:
    So? Have ya?

no never

I have been here the whole time! Well...off and on...

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I looked at my 13 year old sons :oops: Feel very guilty about it, haven't told him though.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Danimal wrote:
    Danimal wrote:
    So? Have ya?

no never

I have been here the whole time! Well...off and on...

really?

maybe I'm the one that's not around too much anymore :D

or maybe I just don't pay close enough attention

anyway, nice to see you again :lol:
    [/quote]

I have been here the whole time! Well...off and on...[/quote]

really?

maybe I'm the one that's not around too much anymore :D

or maybe I just don't pay close enough attention

anyway, nice to see you again :lol:[/quote]

Good to see you...bring on the shows!

• stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    Danimal wrote:
    The Betrayal!!!!

You feel guilty because you have done something that you never thought you would need to do (doubted someone enough to go through something of their's that is private) - whereas the person responsible for what you've seen, doesn't feel guilty because they don't have a sense of morality or conscience. I know because I've been there too (the one who looked, and was thereby feeling guilty, yet heartbroken at the same time). It'll get better, as other people have said - takes a while....and it's hard to trust again, BUT, at some point, you'll find someone who makes you WANT to trust again. :)
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    There are a few things in life you just shouldn't do.

But what about the movie Red Dawn? :mrgreen:

red%20dawn%20cast.jpg
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • HeavyHands wrote:
    There are a few things in life you just shouldn't do.

But what about the movie Red Dawn? :mrgreen:

red%20dawn%20cast.jpg

I never said don't be a patriot or a disciple of Patrick Swayze. Just don't be a threat to our great nation like Russia or Jim Rome.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I usually delete mine right away after I read them, not that there's anything crazy.. and there's never a moment for anyone to be looking on my phone anyways.
    Danimal wrote:
    The Betrayal!!!!

You feel guilty because you have done something that you never thought you would need to do (doubted someone enough to go through something of their's that is private) - whereas the person responsible for what you've seen, doesn't feel guilty because they don't have a sense of morality or conscience. I know because I've been there too (the one who looked, and was thereby feeling guilty, yet heartbroken at the same time). It'll get better, as other people have said - takes a while....and it's hard to trust again, BUT, at some point, you'll find someone who makes you WANT to trust again. :)

Wow...you know exactly what I am going through!

I hope you are right. Right now my trust level is down the drain.

Claireack wrote:
    I looked at my 13 year old sons :oops: Feel very guilty about it, haven't told him though.

He's gonna do the same thing to his kids, so he deserves it for that behavior.
    Danimal wrote:
    Danimal wrote:
    The Betrayal!!!!

Wow...you know exactly what I am going through!

I hope you are right. Right now my trust level is down the drain.

Yeah, I do know exactly what you are going through, and it hurts like fuck.....but it seriously will get better - it'll take a while though and you can't rush it no matter how much you want to. I was thinking about this on my drive into uni this morning, and thinking how at the start you just want to disappear and never think about it ever again...but here I am however long later....and it's getting better. It really is. You'll find someone that makes you want to trust again, and although it's hard to believe them sometimes....you WILL get there!!
  • As a parent myself, I know we all want the same thing. But my wife is a real nosy fucker and she does that shit to my daughter. Why is it so hard for parents nowadays to just accept the fact that our kids are going to be equally as curious as any other normal teen?

It's impossible to disguise a serious drug addiction or if you're a whore so just do a good job raising them to make good decisions and don't invade their privacy. It doesn't matter if you pay the bill, that's a good way to push a child away from you. They'll remember that shit.

My mother was a nosy bitch and I don't have a relationship with her anymore. Be careful prying into people's space. We all need our own little area to operate in.
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    Danimal wrote:
    The Betrayal!!!!

Hmmmm........have you found that someone yet? :lol:
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Danimal wrote:
    The Betrayal!!!!

Hmmm......very possibly..... ;)
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Hmmmmm........that isn't very informative! :mrgreen:
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Hmmmmm........that isn't very informative! :mrgreen:

Well, ok. I have found someone who makes me want to smile a lot, and yes....I trust them.....more informative? ;)