is this fake????????sure as hell looks it to me

joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
edited March 2010 in The Porch
http://cgi.ebay.com/Eddie-Vedder-Klasue ... 500wt_1182

UPDATE ........sent brad an email with the link ...and this is what he said

Hi Joe

That looks weird to me too... pretty sure none of them had the signature that far over into those branches.... the ed signature looks weird too, as do the numbers... don't look like the way I would make an 8 and how they are written under the signature... I would be willing to wager it's not legit.

Brad
have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    no
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Hmmm...

Signatures look too big, Eddie's first name looks off... I'm not sure though as they aren't the most legible signatures on any of the A/Ps.

I would be cautious of it though for sure, but it isnt obvious to me either way.
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    ill be honest i have a few of Bk sigs ..and they look nothing like this ......and if you ever look at a few of the chicago APs ...they all seam to be signed in about the same spot .. but this one is gigantic ......im going to send Brad an email and to see if can confirm that this is his signature ..........
  • doesn't look like ed's signature either.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    100% fake here's a recent one that sold not to long ago. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 30&rvr_id= Not even in the same ball park. And i looked at mine as well and theres no comparsion. Good find Joe
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    you could always contact the seller and ask for proof of purchase. He should be able to show a copy of his original receipt from Artillery....
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    on all of the ones i have seen, Brad's sig is darker than Ed's, as well as the forward slash and numbers.

imo- this one looks totally bunk, and BK's sig looks really funny on this one. and i do agree with the above comment, these sigs look like they are much bigger than any others
  • Elzar wrote:
    on all of the ones i have seen, Brad's sig is darker than Ed's, as well as the forward slash and numbers.

imo- this one looks totally bunk, and BK's sig looks really funny on this one. and i do agree with the above comment, these sigs look like they are much bigger than any others

I have Eddie's autograph on a CD sleeve he signed right in front of me, and it looks nothing like that one. Nor do any other sig's of his that i've seen.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    wow good eye. the fake one seems to have been signed in black ink? pencil only for the real ones....and the guy is pimping the "non-s/d" factor like there are less regulars than s/d's. obviously dude just found out about this poster since the s/d sale, saw multiples for sale, and figured a non-s/d had to be more rare. too obvious...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    100% fake...great spot Joe.

I can only think the seller hasnt seen the real one to make such a terrible attempt at this replication.

Someone is gonna get burned...
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,037
    As others have said, fake 100%.
    got word back from brad .... this is what he said

Hi Joe

That looks weird to me too... pretty sure none of them had the signature that far over into those branches.... the ed signature looks weird too, as do the numbers... don't look like the way I would make an 8 and how they are written under the signature... I would be willing to wager it's not legit.

Brad

GOTTA LOVE THIS GUY
  • dates next week!!!!!! :P :P :P :lol::lol::lol:
    dates next week!!!!!! :P :P :P :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: mark my word next concert you will see a guy with a tshirt that says
    US DATES ....NEXT WEEK

my number 136,132 .....with in the first 15 rows ..... i will gladly hang my head in shame

but they did announce jazz fest that week :lol::lol:
  • joe2468 wrote:
    dates next week!!!!!! :P :P :P :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: mark my word next concert you will see a guy with a tshirt that says
    US DATES ....NEXT WEEK

my number 136,132 .....with in the first 15 rows ..... i will gladly hang my head in shame

but they did announce jazz fest that week :lol::lol:

that would be an awesome shirt...i'll be looking for you in the crowd!! :lol::lol:
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Auction was just pulled off Ebay..
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • it didn't get pulled, the seller pulled it...you can tell this because you can still view the listing if you had it on your 'watch' list...when your listing gets pulled (thanks to Santos I know this :lol: )your listing vanishes as if it were never listed to begin with...probably reading all this and figuring it ain't worth it...but his (cough!) signed Riot Act is still up!

Keep On! ;)
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
    Seller pulled it, sorry I didnt clarify :)
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966

Keep On! ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    to be honest ... i emailed the person.... and let him know how much of a DICK he was for doing it........ AFTER i got the confirmation from Brad k......
    Nice work!

I do feel sorry for whomever actually does own poster # 82....unless it's this dick.
    here id the reply i got from the seller AFTER i sent him a rude email............

Thank you for calling my attention to this listing. It has been cancelled. I bought this from a "collector" who assured me it was real. My apologies. I was not trying to fool anyone. If there is a way I could contact Brad Klausen to make sure that this is a not authentic I would appreciate it. If not I understand

he then sent me another email about another autograph he "bought" and that he took it down also........
    He may have a Cobain autograph for us....signed back in 2003..
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    The real funny thing is he has a history of selling 2 and has 4 left. Now I dont know if those are signed but Im sure he can get them signed if you really want them to be. :twisted:
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
    dwhite76 wrote:
    The real funny thing is he has a history of selling 2 and has 4 left. Now I dont know if those are signed but Im sure he can get them signed if you really want them to be. :twisted:

lol