PJ could learn from the white stripes

DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
edited March 2010 in The Porch
The ws upcoming live release is what pj shouldve done since touring band. There ultimate package features besides the DVD , the cd of the concert, and also on vinyl.and much more (also another DVD with the full concert but that does apply for pj DVDs).

Now seeing how much live Pj lps go for on eBay I wouldn't mind paying ten deluxe prices for a package like that.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dillsnufus wrote:
    The ws upcoming live release is what pj shouldve done since touring band. There ultimate package features besides the DVD , the cd of the concert, and also on vinyl.and much more (also another DVD with the full concert but that does apply for pj DVDs).

Now seeing how much live Pj lps go for on eBay I wouldn't mind paying ten deluxe prices for a package like that.

I think you'll find the deluxe Ten package is exactly that and more.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Not being nasty or provoking please no one take it that way but me personally, I think Jack White could learn alot from Eddie...like how to sing.

Meg, as much as I love to watch her play, could actually learn more than 4/4 time from Matt.
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - West Palm Beach, St. Louis, Champaign, Bonner Springs, and East Troy
    2004 - St. Louis, Asheville, and Kissimmee
    2005 - Kitchener and London, Ontario
    2006 - Chicago Night 1, Cincinnati, and St. Paul Night 1
    2007 - Lollapalooza
    2010 - St. Louis and Noblesville
    2011 - East Troy PJ20 Night 1 and Night 2
    2013 - Wrigley and Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis and Memphis
    2016 - Lexington
    2018 - Wrigley Night 1 

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I just Pee'd on the white stripes, they are now the Yellow Stripes.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    the spliced up/edited shows in the Ten Deluxe Edition really soured my mood on the whole thing. I actually pulled the CD of the remixed Ten out of there to listen to once and havent even touched the box since then. I'd love to look through the rest of the stuff in there sometime, but they way they butchered MTV Unplugged and Drop in the Park is really sad, especially for a band that knows that live shows are supposed to be complete and unedited.

hope the Stripes dont make the same mistakes.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    Not being nasty or provoking please no one take it that way but me personally, I think Jack White could learn alot from Eddie...like how to sing.

Meg, as much as I love to watch her play, could actually learn more than 4/4 time from Matt.
    I agree 100%
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • The White Stripes.........................who the fuck are they?.................lol
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,446
    Dillsnufus wrote:

Is this that '07 across Canada White Stripes Tour release? I'm looking forward for the vinyl/dvd release. Hopefully some audio/video clip's from their Halifax show @ Pier 21! 8-)
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Jack is a very talented man and a great singer in his own right. Meg is his sister and she, although not a great drummer, is a great addition to the duet. The two are White Stripes and they rule. I don't know about them learning something from PJ or vice versa I just want them on the same bill!
    Was lucky enough to see White Stripes in Atlantic city Wed of the same week then see PJ Fri night 1 at the Borgata- it was an awesome trip.
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    pandora wrote:
    Jack is a very talented man and a great singer in his own right. Meg is his sister and she, although not a great drummer, is a great addition to the duet. The two are White Stripes and they rule. I don't know about them learning something from PJ or vice versa I just want them on the same bill!
    Was lucky enough to see White Stripes in Atlantic city Wed of the same week then see PJ Fri night 1 at the Borgata- it was an awesome trip.

Not to diverge onto a nerd rant, but she isn't actually his sister, she is his ex-wife.
  • JM55546JM55546 Posts: 133
    Not being nasty or provoking please no one take it that way but me personally, I think Jack White could learn alot from Eddie...like how to sing.

A lot could be said the same for Eddie for about 1995-1998. In boots like Soldier Field his voice sounds like sh*t. He's all over the place in 1996. His intensity is incredible and the live shows are unreal, but its not perfect. Jack has similar problems, he's blown his voice out or at least struggled and have had to canceled tours recently. His voice isn't typical, but he can sing and he can bury Eddie on guitar.

White Stripes etc. aside, Jack is an amazing musician and is very creative. The guy can sing, play an unreal guitar, play piano and drums. Not many can say that. I'm not sure Hovercraft counts. Like him or not the guy is a huge talent and makes some great music.
  • yeah....they could learn from the white stripes.....like, how to suck!!!

but last kiss already took us there, so we already know what that's like. :mrgreen:
  • goldrush wrote:

I agree 100%
    i disagree 10000%, so there.
    cdp1223 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Not to diverge onto a nerd rant, but she isn't actually his sister, she is his ex-wife.
    you are right never listen to an asshole critic from Myrtle Beach always google yourself :mrgreen:
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,851
    I personally think that at this point, PJ could learn a lot from Metallica. Metallica continues to tour all over the states.....they don't black-ball regions like PJ does. And despite being the more popular band, Metallica charges like $20 less than PJ for tickets.

Also, there's 20 concerts (from 1982-2003) available for FREE download on Metallica.com. If Pearl Jam ever opens their vault, you better believe they'll milk if for every penny.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    I personally think that at this point, PJ could learn a lot from Metallica. Metallica continues to tour all over the states.....they don't black-ball regions like PJ does. And despite being the more popular band, Metallica charges like $20 less than PJ for tickets.

Also, there's 20 concerts (from 1982-2003) available for FREE download on Metallica.com. If Pearl Jam ever opens their vault, you better believe they'll milk if for every penny.

Agree with everything you just said. Metallica could easily be charging $125 for tickets and still sell out. Their stage show is spectacular and they are sure to take it everywhere regardless of if the shows totally sell out. I paid less to see Metallica at MSG in Nov than I did for 1 PJ spectrum show.

Not sure if you have seen the Live Metallica app but for the same price as the Ten Club app, it streams their most recent show for FREE at all time and any concerts you have previously purchased in your account, dating back to 2004, are available on your iPhone to listen to plus you can purchase shows through the app and those free shows you mentioned are on there as well. Well worth the $2 or $3 just for the regularly changing free concert alone.

Meanwhile here you have a record player and a shrunken down version of the message pit for $2. There is no reason why they had to charge $2 for that app.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,851

Agree with everything you just said. Metallica could easily be charging $125 for tickets and still sell out. Their stage show is spectacular and they are sure to take it everywhere regardless of if the shows totally sell out. I paid less to see Metallica at MSG in Nov than I did for 1 PJ spectrum show.

Not sure if you have seen the Live Metallica app but for the same price as the Ten Club app, it streams their most recent show for FREE at all time and any concerts you have previously purchased in your account, dating back to 2004, are available on your iPhone to listen to plus you can purchase shows through the app and those free shows you mentioned are on there as well. Well worth the $2 or $3 just for the regularly changing free concert alone.

Meanwhile here you have a record player and a shrunken down version of the message pit for $2. There is no reason why they had to charge $2 for that app.

I wasn't aware of the Metallica app but I'll have to check it out.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,946
    Dillsnufus wrote:

...known as "trying to polish a turd."
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I love Jack and Meg. I actually like most of what Jack White does, in and out of the Stripes. I am stoked for this package, as you never hear of an american band releasing something so intricate for their Canadian tour. It's awesome. If only I had known they were playing on that Winnipeg Transit bus, I'd BE on that DVD!!!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Ed should learn from Jack and go off on his own or with some other big name guys and make some different sounding albums.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    KO282453 wrote:
    I just Pee'd on the white stripes, they are now the Yellow Stripes.

and they now smell like the asparagus stripes.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i think jack white should crawl back into the hole he came from. back to mordor bitch.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    cdp1223 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Sister, wife, does it really matter? Am I right or what, Alabama?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Cant wait for the new Stripes album!!!
  • I personally think that at this point, PJ could learn a lot from Metallica. Metallica continues to tour all over the states.....they don't black-ball regions like PJ does. And despite being the more popular band, Metallica charges like $20 less than PJ for tickets.

Not a big fan of Metallica, but holy shit that's really fucking cool about the free downloads.
    eyedclaar wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Sister, wife, does it really matter? Am I right or what, Alabama?
    I think Tennessee???
  • gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    demetrios wrote:
    Is this that '07 across Canada White Stripes Tour release? I'm looking forward for the vinyl/dvd release. Hopefully some audio/video clip's from their Halifax show @ Pier 21! 8-)

such a good show and would love to see them come back some day. that is, if they ever get back together.

there will be some good clips from hali for sure. if you watch the trailer for UGWNL's, keep a eye out for the kilt. im pretty sure he only wore it at the hali show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYGt3i1DjFA
    This post is © by gfraser
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    I will be purchasing the bluray and cd, but the $229 price tag has pushed me away from the boxset.

And to a previous poster, people in TN don't marry their sisters, that shit happens in KY!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,821

Yeah I always meant to check out the philly shows since i was at most of them :oops: Agree with the people about PJ should learn from these two band, Metallica and White Stripes.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    basically it would be awesome for the italy dvd. if pearl jam had the vinyl of the dvd plus a dvd of the full pistoia gig you wouldn't love that? that's all i'm saying i didn't mean a white stripes vs. pearl jam thread
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805

sometimes wonder if you guys are really fans. or just casual listeners?
    I miss igotid88