Live Concerts and Cell phones

2»

Comments

• I totally agree. Just enjoy the show instead of bothering everyone around you so you can post a 30 second clip of a song with lousy audio and even worse video
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    idiots = cell phones
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    People holding up cell phones or cameras to record and take pictures annoy the hell out of me. Its not so bad at a stadium show with stadium seating but it drives me crazy at a club show. I'm short anyway and having to try and look around other peoples phones makes it impossible to see. Worst part is, these are normally the people pushing others aside so they can get to the front and take better pictures. I don't understand why these people can't just enjoy the show. One or two pics, fine, but taking pictures of every second of the show is unnecessary and rude.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I would've just gone beserk even more and screamed like a banshee!!!! The satisfaction in being a total bitch!!!
    :lol:

yeah i didn't let it bother me, like hell i'm having some moron ruin a moment at a PJ show. they're too special to mess up :)
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    lukin2006 wrote:
    what about the cameras and all the flash's...what kind of pic you gonna get from the upper balcony with a point shoot? why not put cell phone and camera away and enjoy the show
    Not to mention the flashes are only effective for about 20 feet.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Yeah, I've had some experiences with people invading my space so they can capture every minute of a concert with their phones or cameras.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    i used to call people from shows because i would back in the past i had seen lots of posts about so and so called them during a song and it was sooo cool! so i would call just a few people until i was asked a few times 'who was that?' and i'd think how did they not know who that was!? and then i had someone call me from a show and it's so distorted and crappy. so, i don't call anyone anymore but i do take a few pics but not many but these are smaller shows where i'm right against the stage or very close
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • I'm taking my kids to a show this year. I'm going to record their faces when PJ takes the stage. Probably record the entire first song. And maybe the last song.

It'll all be professionally recorded anyway and available the next day.

I don't have a problem with people wanting to record highlights of their lives. What else have we got when we get old?
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I'm taking my kids to a show this year. I'm going to record their faces when PJ takes the stage. Probably record the entire first song. And maybe the last song.

I don't have a problem with people wanting to record highlights of their lives. What else have we got when we get old?

Shitty diapers, and teethless gums? You make a good point, Donkey.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    I'm taking my kids to a show this year. I'm going to record their faces when PJ takes the stage. Probably record the entire first song. And maybe the last song.

I can see me showing a PJ concert clip on my cell phone to a friend of mine in a retirement home. He looks at me and says "What is that?"

Then I say "I'm sorry. I just shit in my pants. Anyway, this show was from St. Louis 50 years ago."

Afterwards we just laugh and laugh as I sit in my own feces listening to Yellow Ledbetter.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I'm watching the ACL Performance on VH1 and there are tons of people holding up cellphones to record the show. I haven't experienced this live yet but I would probably be pissed and yell at the person doing it.

Also, i just don't get kings of Leon. I think they suck. I've tried to listen to them at least 10 times and just can't get into them.

cell phones arent annoying compared to someone talking through an entire show. go outside if you want to hold a conference so i dont have to hear your bullshit.

KoL arent crap, you just dont like them and thats ok.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    i used to call people from shows because i would back in the past i had seen lots of posts about so and so called them during a song and it was sooo cool! so i would call just a few people until i was asked a few times 'who was that?' and i'd think how did they not know who that was!? and then i had someone call me from a show and it's so distorted and crappy. so, i don't call anyone anymore but i do take a few pics but not many but these are smaller shows where i'm right against the stage or very close
    yeah, every time you called I had NO idea who it was!!!

I text a friend (cinnamon girl) when she can't make it to the show and tell her the songs. I know she appreciates it... even if she can't be there with me.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    dcfaithful wrote:

I can see me showing a PJ concert clip on my cell phone to a friend of mine in a retirement home. He looks at me and says "What is that?"

Then I say "I'm sorry. I just shit in my pants. Anyway, this show was from St. Louis 50 years ago."

Afterwards we just laugh and laugh as I sit in my own feces listening to Yellow Ledbetter.

I believe I Got Shit would be more appropriate.... :lol:
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?

• I believe I Got Shit would be more appropriate.... :lol:

I'm so disappointed that I let that one get away. Well done JM. Well done.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

I believe I Got Shit would be more appropriate.... :lol:

I'm so disappointed that I let that one get away. Well done JM. Well done.

Donkey...are you losing your touch? I mean, letting me well play you telling me to suck your balls was understandable but this?

The force should be strong with thee. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I see nothing wrong with using cell phones. It reminds me of using lighters. The whole crowd has them shining a pretty color of blue. I don't see how they bother anyone??
    Save room for dessert!
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    Donkey...are you losing your touch? I mean, letting me well play you telling me to suck your balls was understandable but this?

The force should be strong with thee. 8-)

I know. It was a softball and I whiffed it. BUT, before we get ahead of ourselves, let's not forget the post in question where I missed the joke. Even without the correct song reference, the imagery alone would have given it Post Of The Day status.

Sincerely,

POTD Champion of the World