Live Concerts and Cell phones

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm watching the ACL Performance on VH1 and there are tons of people holding up cellphones to record the show. I haven't experienced this live yet but I would probably be pissed and yell at the person doing it.

Also, i just don't get kings of Leon. I think they suck. I've tried to listen to them at least 10 times and just can't get into them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    I'm watching the ACL Performance on VH1 and there are tons of people holding up cellphones to record the show. I haven't experienced this live yet but I would probably be pissed and yell at the person doing it.

Also, i just don't get kings of Leon. I think they suck. I've tried to listen to them at least 10 times and just can't get into them.

Not been to a gig in the past 5 years at least?

Why?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    turn your cell off and leave it off and leave it in your pocket...thanks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    what about the cameras and all the flash's...what kind of pic you gonna get from the upper balcony with a point shoot? why not put cell phone and camera away and enjoy the show
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    what about the cameras and all the flash's...what kind of pic you gonna get from the upper balcony with a point shoot? why not put cell phone and camera away and enjoy the show

yup great point, there are so many dumb asses.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    What about when cell phones are used in replacement of a lighter? Get real people. :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    What about when cell phones are used in replacement of a lighter? Get real people. :roll:
    Nothing replaces a ligher!!!!!
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,049
    lukin2006 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    For real!!!! Nothing beats the pain of a burnt thumb!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

:lol:
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    all I want is to be able to keep the lid for my water bottle thanx!!!! Bastards. Oh and for fellow concert goers to adhere to the basic principles of personal hygiene...shower with soap and anti=perspirant people. Seriously when you are my height (155cm...barely 5') your head reaches the armpits of the majority of the popluation... and trust me so many people are stinky beyond belief.

But anyway.......if you wanna use your phone to video, don't expect me to stop jumping around or singing (screaming LOL) completely out of tune just for your benefit.... I'm there to enjoy myself and that I will. :lol:
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    all I want is to be able to keep the lid for my water bottle thanx!!!! Bastards. Oh and for fellow concert goers to adhere to the basic principles of personal hygiene...shower with soap and anti=perspirant people. Seriously when you are my height (155cm...barely 5') your head reaches the armpits of the majority of the popluation... and trust me so many people are stinky beyond belief.

But anyway.......if you wanna use your phone to video, don't expect me to stop jumping around or singing (screaming LOL) completely out of tune just for your benefit.... I'm there to enjoy myself and that I will. :lol:

They ***FORCE*** us to take the LIDS off of the Water Bottles...because they "Think" we're a BUNCH of *TERRORIST*...lol :P and YOU should hear me SING out of 'Tune'...I'm the *KING* of it!...haha :P
    i_lov_it wrote:

They ***FORCE*** us to take the LIDS off of the Water Bottles...because they "Think" we're a BUNCH of *TERRORIST*...lol :P and YOU should hear me SING out of 'Tune'...I'm the *KING* of it!...haha :P

Bunch of Knobs is what they are....as if we'd throw shit at PJ!!!! Nards.

Oh as for singing out of tune...I found a clip on youtube, and whilst watching it I recognised people who were in front of me and realised that the person filming it was ony a few metres from me...and I could hear myself and my friends husbands screaming (atrociously) on it! I was so sooooo stoked! Especially as I had almost lost my voice so all I could do was scream....from memory I think the clip was of "Jeremy"

I also got my elbow felt up by a guy whose girlfriend was standing beside me...and he was sooo embarassed when he realised it was the wrong elbow...she and I just pissed ourselves silly!!! :lol: Damned it...why couldn't it have been a single guy who did it to me! :roll:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    mickeyrat wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    That just brought back a funny memory.

My friend and I were 13 and we went to see REO Speedwagon, Styx, and Journey ( :lol: ). Well, we each had a lighter and we had been holding the flame out for so long that the top was insanely hot. He actually asked me brand him with it....so I did. We're not really friends anymore, but last time I saw him...he still had that scar that looks just like a smiley face.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Maybe for people enjoying the show is taking shitty videos and putting them on youtube?

Either way someone is taping shows for me :P
  • god forbid a concert goer have his/her brand of fun

concerts are a place for rules!! these people should be made to adhere!! arms down, no singing, no dancing, please no laughing...
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    the zillion phones up in the air is a bit weird but to each their own. It doesn't distract me or anything.
    We don't do it but husband has called our business from a concert or two and left a message while recording Crazy Mary or another few he likes and then put them on the loud speaker the following day to relive the moments. Thats kind of cool- customers usually like.
    pandora wrote:
    the zillion phones up in the air is a bit weird but to each their own. It doesn't distract me or anything.
    We don't do it but husband has called our business from a concert or two and left a message while recording Crazy Mary or another few he likes and then put them on the loud speaker the following day to relive the moments. Thats kind of cool- customers usually like.

haha thats amazing!
    god forbid a concert goer have his/her brand of fun

concerts are a place for rules!! these people should be made to adhere!! arms down, no singing, no dancing, please no laughing...
    I don't think anyone's saying don't have fun, but when people are turning and taking picture's of crowds with flash and it's in your eyes, it gets annoying, besides most point and shoots the flash is good for about ten feet, so really you are not getting good picture's at all. Maybe it's just me but I try to respect my fellow concert goer and hope to get the same respect in turn.

mickeyrat wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

General rule of thumb, no pun intended, when it gets that hot, quit playing with it :roll: :roll: .

• blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    I actually like looking around and seeing the thousands of blue/green glows everywhere. It looks cool in a full arena.

One thing that I don't get are the people who call friends to play them a song over the phone.... I've gotten a bunch of these calls, and have never been able to hear anything other than a really loud garbled mess lol.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007

I used MY "Camera Phone".......lol :P
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,839
    I actually like looking around and seeing the thousands of blue/green glows everywhere. It looks cool in a full arena.

One thing that I don't get are the people who call friends to play them a song over the phone.... I've gotten a bunch of these calls, and have never been able to hear anything other than a really loud garbled mess lol.

Yeah i don't understand the calling someone and having a song played to you on the phone.

Taking pics and video I am very guilty of :oops: I've Got hundreds of videos on youtube, LOL.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i had this happen to me at the 1st seattle show last year....i'm standing on the aisle and they started into daughter, and this lady comes up next to me out of nowhere with her camera, and asks me and other people to "not sing, she wants to record this"

???

so of course i fucking sang :lol: i should have been off key but i was being nice that day :mrgreen: and it's like dude, really? daughter? you ran thru security to get close to record that? if it was like no way or something rarer *maybe* i could see, even still she was being a toolbox no matter what.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i close my mobile couse i use this on the shows..
    and this year Brisk will help me carry it couse its more matco man than me..

sonydxc1200.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    LOL
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955

theres a simple solution... bring extra caps.
    i do it :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    dcfaithful wrote:
    That just brought back a funny memory.

My friend and I were 13 and we went to see REO Speedwagon, Styx, and Journey ( :lol: ). Well, we each had a lighter and we had been holding the flame out for so long that the top was insanely hot. He actually asked me brand him with it....so I did. We're not really friends anymore, but last time I saw him...he still had that scar that looks just like a smiley face.

Ahhh the smiley face brand brings back lots of memories... nearly all the guys I went to high school with have a smiley scar!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    The guy next to me at Auckland last year spent the whole concert holding a camcorder in front of his face and glaring at me for singing. Sorry buddy I don't give a rats ass that you are taping the show for your dying friend I'm not gonna stop screaming and singing! ;)
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    i had this happen to me at the 1st seattle show last year....i'm standing on the aisle and they started into daughter, and this lady comes up next to me out of nowhere with her camera, and asks me and other people to "not sing, she wants to record this"

???

so of course i fucking sang :lol: i should have been off key but i was being nice that day :mrgreen: and it's like dude, really? daughter? you ran thru security to get close to record that? if it was like no way or something rarer *maybe* i could see, even still she was being a toolbox no matter what.
    This would have been a major buzz kill for me.

???

This would have been a major buzz kill for me.

I would've just gone beserk even more and screamed like a banshee!!!! The satisfaction in being a total bitch!!!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    The satisfaction in being a total bitch!!!
    :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”