Jeremy.......

U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I have said in the recent past that i was sick of this song.

( you have to admit it was played to shit!)

but tonight i was playing rock band, and when i sang this song, it brought me back to the "old days"...when this song first dropped......and it hit me like it hasn't in a long time!...........so let me take my foot out of my mouth and say, it still deserves much more respect than i gave it!! :oops: :oops:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Not even close to being as over played as Even Flow. I even hate playing it on guitar hero. Jeremy is a great song tho, glad you found an appreciation again!
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    Jeremy does get old, but it's still a great song.
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I agree breedy, I was sick of that song for a while and then I listened to it on a boot and the song fucken ripped. Like when they jam it at the end and they're playing tight, fucken awesome shit. I guess when youre at a show you kind of get lost in the moment with everything going on; couple looking for there seats, dumb ass drunk fuck not knowing who he is, whatever. Then you smoke a little kush and listen to a song like that. Listening becomes feeling, then you really live the moment. I have a feeling you'll know what I mean.....
  • 100 times better than anything on Riot Act, that's for sure
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    1995 Melbourne JJJ radio broadcast...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    100 times better than anything on Riot Act, that's for sure

can't remake 10 over and over again. RA is a great record.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Nothing on it is up to par with anything on Ten... except maybe All Or None. Better? :P

But I can't say I like All Or None better than anything on Ten, so..
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,835
    I've noticed sometimes Stone?? Mike?? doesn't play the appropriate higher notes at the beginning.

Jeff...da da da da da da da
    higher note... da da

Sometimes those higher notes aren't true to the studio form... good stuff though.

The other thing is that there seems like there should be an extra note or a chord at the end.

Last two notes of the entire song: da...da
    Should be... da...da...daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

(Ok, I suck at that, but whatever.)

It seems like there should be a chord at the end, but the way Jeremy's life ended early and the way the song cuts off early (in my mind) somehow fits together.

The thing pissing me off?? I have the single version with the kid and the crayons on the front... Not only is that version censored, but it fades out early at the end...WTF?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Nothing beats the emotion and intensity of the end of that song.

OOOOHHH WOOOOOAAAAAAHHH OHHHHH OHHHH WHOAA OH OHHHHHHHH!

It's so beautiful :cry:
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,835
    Nothing beats the emotion and intensity of the end of that song.

OOOOHHH WOOOOOAAAAAAHHH OHHHHH OHHHH WHOAA OH OHHHHHHHH!

It's so beautiful :cry:

The video is awesome and spooky all at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS91knuzoOA

The look Ed is giving at 3:47 is so scary and awesome.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • I've only been a big fan for about a year or so now, and I have yet to really get tired of this song, or any of them for that matter, which I guess I am thankful for.

For instance, was having a slow, miserable day at work today. Then a live version (didn't hear which) of Even Flow came on the radio and it woke me right up. Loved it.
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    I've noticed sometimes Stone?? Mike?? doesn't play the appropriate higher notes at the beginning.

Jeff...da da da da da da da
    higher note... da da

Sometimes those higher notes aren't true to the studio form... good stuff though.

The other thing is that there seems like there should be an extra note or a chord at the end.

Last two notes of the entire song: da...da
    Should be... da...da...daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

(Ok, I suck at that, but whatever.)

It seems like there should be a chord at the end, but the way Jeremy's life ended early and the way the song cuts off early (in my mind) somehow fits together.

The thing pissing me off?? I have the single version with the kid and the crayons on the front... Not only is that version censored, but it fades out early at the end...WTF?

it sounds like it's jeff's bass doing the harmonics on ten... but when they play it live it's mike. i could be wrong though.
  • YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    i make a point not to listen to this song so that when they bust it out live i get maximum enjoyment.......and i do get maximum enjoyment when they do.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgYmGBs ... E&index=67

i was pretty done with this song to, but then i saw this, i just end up watching mike the whole time anyway, crowd really gets into it.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i will never feel that is old,oe get bored..ill love it till death tear us apart...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I've only been a big fan for about a year or so now, and I have yet to really get tired of this song, or any of them for that matter, which I guess I am thankful for.

For instance, was having a slow, miserable day at work today. Then a live version (didn't hear which) of Even Flow came on the radio and it woke me right up. Loved it.

Oh look, another tragic in the making :D .......welcome aboard.

No matter how many times I hear Jeremy,it is a classic and can't skip it.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    i will never feel that is old,oe get bored..ill love it till death tear us apart...
    hopefully PJ plays on the other side :) I'm planning on taking it with me
  • 100 times better than anything on Riot Act, that's for sure

yo......don't be coming up in my Jeremy thread pop'n shit about Riot Act.....even the most casual PJ fan loves Ten........Riot Act is for those of us who have surfaced and our beings have been enlightened. :mrgreen:
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260

yo......don't be coming up in my Jeremy thread pop'n shit about Riot Act.....even the most casual PJ fan loves Ten........Riot Act is for those of us who have surfaced and our beings have been enlightened. :mrgreen:

You said it. Riot Act is the ugly duckling that became a beautiful swan! I love it more today than I ever did. Jeremy was a bit stale sounding on the odd occasion live but Melbourne 09 proved to me it's still a classic :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Doesn't get old for me :)
    Big props to the song that got me into the band and started this lifelong obsession!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    Philly 3 with strings was absolutely magical i've been to a couple of shows that Jeremy was the best song of the night ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Philly 3 with strings was absolutely magical i've been to a couple of shows that Jeremy was the best song of the night ...

that whole fucking week was magical brother!! :D:D:D
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    AfuckingMen 8-)8-)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Jeremy is one of those songs that just sweeps me away during a show. I am not sure if that is the right way to say it. But during the end when it just gets more intense and everyone is pogoing up and down and Ed's voice is soaring. Just reminds me why I love this band so much.

I'm from Dallas and I was in high school and I remember when the real Jeremy did what he did. I wasn't in his school but it was obviously a huge story at the time and made us think about school and friends and how everyone treats each other.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Flagg wrote:
    Jeremy is one of those songs that just sweeps me away during a show. I am not sure if that is the right way to say it. But during the end when it just gets more intense and everyone is pogoing up and down and Ed's voice is soaring. Just reminds me why I love this band so much.
    Hell yeah, man. I could only hope to be part of one of those crowds some day \m/
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,446
    Best Jeremy is 6/20/95 Red Rocks. Someday o' someday, that version will be played again.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007

it sounds like it's jeff's bass doing the harmonics on ten... but when they play it live it's mike. i could be wrong though.

Nope it's JEFF...and there have BEEN times where JEFF doesn't Finish the "Harmonics" right too the END...Just plays a couple of Notes and leaves it *RINGING*...State College is a Good example...and various of Others...I PREFER the "Harmonics" ending :)
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594

Go back and question your education, son!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • SOLAT319 wrote:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    SOLAT319 wrote:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:mrgreen:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam